IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F sport lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-21, 12:02 PM
Zoomzoom1
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Lexus F Sport Blues are an excellent premium choice. I have the most conservative aftermarket spring on the market (Tein H Tech) and they're slightly too stiff for my tastes. But the drop is identical more or less to Lexus F Sport.

People scratch their head and ask "is your car lowered? I can't tell."

that to me is the greatest compliment. Subtly can sometimes go a long way! Also when I returned my last Lexus lease it had Blue F Sport springs I installed. I was concerned they'd charge me or be upset. dealer looked at it and like it's Lexus equipment, it's all good!

Anyway i've attached a pic for you to get an idea of what your Lexus Blue springs will look like. Here's mine with Tein H Tech. Roughly the same drop. Less than an inch. very conservative

with the subtle drop did you still need to install spacers?
Old 01-28-21, 07:17 PM
Cossh014
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vietvu85
do you still have the original springs?
I still have my stock springs.

Just switched to RSR Downs.
After seeing the F sport springs in person I realized it would not be enough. I feel like the Downs are the sweet spot for looks, maybe a tad to stiff but boy do they look great!
But if you're going for the more premium luxury sport look, F sports will do the trick.
Old 01-28-21, 10:52 PM
vietvu85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossh014
I still have my stock springs.

Just switched to RSR Downs.
After seeing the F sport springs in person I realized it would not be enough. I feel like the Downs are the sweet spot for looks, maybe a tad to stiff but boy do they look great!
But if you're going for the more premium luxury sport look, F sports will do the trick.
thanks for the respond.
Can you sell your stock spring to me?
Mine is lowered 2” rear and 1.5” front. I love the look of the car. However, the car is for my wife and she doesn’t like lower car . I don’t have the stock springs.
I ask her about the F sport spring option but she still want stock height. She wants a comfortable ride for her daily. And we have a huge curb on our driveway, the bottom curb everything we drive In and out.
I have been searching all over the internet for the OEM springs to only find the rear springs but not the front. Of course, because front spring come with strut as a whole unit.
I am not sure who understand my feeling, spending tons of time and money to go backward. But you know, when you get marry, happy wife happy life.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

here are some pictures of my current set up.
18x9.5 front 1.5” drop
18x10.5 rear 2” drop
245 40 zr18

Idk how to rotate the image. It just turn upside down as I uploaded

Last edited by vietvu85; 01-28-21 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-12-22, 03:26 PM
MagStock
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks good. I may borrow your spec. I went with coilovers and I hate the sounds and clunks.