IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Shopping for 14/15 250/350, how to tell what package a car has?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-18, 06:50 AM
csh8428
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping for 14/15 250/350, how to tell what package a car has?

I'm in the market for a 14/15 250/350 and I've noticed that almost none of the listings show what packages(see below for details) the cars have. I can clearly tell if they have the F Sport, but don't know how to tell if they have the Nav Pacakge, Mark Levinson Audio Package, Premium Package, Luxury Package, or Luxury Tech package.

I'm assuming you can tell which packages the cars have based on various things the cars have/don't have in the interior pics. Is there a way to identify each package based on pics?

Thanks,
CNAVIGATION PACKAGE Navigation System with color multimedia display // Remote Touch20 controller // Backup camera19 // Voice command // Enhanced Bluetooth technology10 // Lexus Enform App Suite with Bing,™ iHeartRadio, OpenTable,® MovieTickets.com, Pandora,®21 Yelp® and Facebook Places // Lexus Enform Destinations. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription includedMARK LEVINSON AUDIO PACKAGE (Includes Navigation Package) + Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System2 // 15 GreenEdge™ high-efficiency speakers with inverted-motor subwoofer // 835-watt Class-D amplifier // Auto volume technology // Machinedaluminum control *****PREMIUM PACKAGE Twin projector LED headlamps (low/high beam) // Heated and ventilated front seatsLUXURY PACKAGE (Includes Premium Package) + Blind Spot Monitor16 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert17 // Leather-trimmed interior // Linear Dark Gray or Linear Dark Brown wood interior trim // Rain-sensing wipers // Electrochromic outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse // Power-adjustable steering column // Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering columnLUXURY TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE (Includes Luxury Package) + Intelligent high-beam headlamps22 // Lane Departure Alert23
Old 09-11-18, 07:16 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,797 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by csh8428
I'm in the market for a 14/15 250/350 and I've noticed that almost none of the listings show what packages(see below for details) the cars have. I can clearly tell if they have the F Sport, but don't know how to tell if they have the Nav Pacakge, Mark Levinson Audio Package, Premium Package, Luxury Package, or Luxury Tech package.

I'm assuming you can tell which packages the cars have based on various things the cars have/don't have in the interior pics. Is there a way to identify each package based on pics?
Well you can tell the Mark Levinson system is there based on the volume and tuning *****.

This one has Mark Levinson (with smooth, light-colored *****):

My IS 300 AWD F Sport does not (darker, more metallic-looking *****):

Also, there is the Mark Levinson logo, I guess.

Otherwise, I'd think you would be able to tell the options by decoding the VIN? Try this: https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs
Old 09-11-18, 07:26 AM
csh8428
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, there is the Mark Levinson logo, I guess.

Otherwise, I'd think you would be able to tell the options by decoding the VIN? Try this: https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That was super helpful!

I had checked some other VIN decoding websites, but they didn't have that info. I didn't know there was a lexus specific one
Old 09-11-18, 09:29 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

If the listings don't outright list out the packages, I would think you should inquire about them. Unless you actually can see true pictures of the car, options like BSM, backup camera, rain sensing wipers, etc. would need to be verified.

At least for the 2014 models, if you notice that the car has a ML system (shown above) it would also include the Navigation Package. Likewise, if you could confirm that the car has BSM (part of the Luxury Package), it also has the Premium Package.