IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Car/battery issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-18 | 12:34 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Default Car/battery issue

My car is a 2016 IS F Sport. Yesterday I was detailing it in preparation for a new coat of ceramic and had the radio on. After 10 minutes it went off and lights started blinking. I called roadside assitance which was Lexus of Englewood here in NJ. Everytime this guy hooked up the jumper, the lights went on and horn kept going off. This happened 5 or 6 times. He kept calling his manager and trying all these things. After about an hour, a tow was the only option. I decided to wait until today, but I went to go buy a new battery to try it, but then I decided I wanted to try to jump it myself. My wife wasn't home yesterday when all this happened. I go to jump it and the car gets power, no horn goes off, nothing. Im looking at the battery and realized this MF'er had the jumpers reversed. Positive to negative. Now my car has every error code, doesn't go into gear, key doesnt work, nothing but the dash lights. I called road side assistance again to complain and now get a tow to my dealer not Lexus of Englewood who came out for service yesterday because they are close. Now the new problem: Because the car can't be put into gear, the flatbed driver is telling me its going to be a problem getting it out. Needless to say, Im at a loss for words. Did he really screw something up here or is it unrelated?
Old 11-25-18 | 12:40 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Second part to the question. The two guy doesn't want to move until he gets a hold of the dealer (its Sunday and they are closed) because it can't be put into gear. Does anyone know if there is any kind of release? I can't find anything.
Old 11-25-18 | 12:48 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Tab in front of the shifter, pop it open and use a flathead to push down, it will disengaged shifter and let you **** it to neutral.
Old 11-26-18 | 10:59 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

If he did connect the booster backwards then likely a whole bunch of fuses blew, hence why nothing is working.
If the fuses did their job, they should have protected the circuits by blowing initially.
Chances are replacing all the blown fuses will return the vehicle to normal operation without any warning lights.
Maybe something will need to be calibrated, but that's about it.
Old 11-26-18 | 12:24 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
If he did connect the booster backwards then likely a whole bunch of fuses blew, hence why nothing is working.
If the fuses did their job, they should have protected the circuits by blowing initially.
Chances are replacing all the blown fuses will return the vehicle to normal operation without any warning lights.
Maybe something will need to be calibrated, but that's about it.
Per the dealer the "main" 150 amp fuse blew. I had it towed to my dealeraship, but they wont fix it without authorization from the the dealership that screwed it up. So now, Im getting the car towed from one dealership to another. It's been a mess.