IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Carbon Fiber Recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-18, 06:33 PM
blizz24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Recomendation

So I want to get the front lip, side skirts, spoiler and diffuser in CF but looking at Seibon they ask a lot of money (would be close to 3K) so I searched Ebay and would cost approximately half or even less.

1. Any good ebay sellers?
2. Anyone have installed them? Fitment?
3. Any other brands out there besides Seibon?
4. Is Seibon (or similar brand) worth the price?
5. Anyone knows what pattern Seibon uses?
Old 12-24-18, 10:13 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

1. I would probably stay away from eBay. There are many replicas.
2. Seibon has very good fitment.
3. Other Brands with Carbon Fiber Aero: AIMGAIN, Lexon, Skipper
4. Seibon is worth the price. They make good products and have been around for a long time.
5. Usually its a traditional checker weave unless otherwise noted

If you were looking on the Seibon website, you will pay top dollar. I will shoot you a Private Message.

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 12-24-18 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-27-18, 11:57 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seibon has top notch quality. The price is a little scary at first but you get what you pay for. The fitment isn't 100% though. Theres minor adjustments that need to be done to make each piece fit properly. I have their trunk, fenders and hood and the weave is flawless. The clearcoat has held up better than some of my other non-seibon carbon parts. If I were you I would order the spoiler and see how you like the quality, fitment and weave and go from there 👍

Old 12-28-18, 03:07 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Anyone ever use or know anyone that has dealt with Nia Auto design? I keep seeing their name pop up
​​​when it comes to carbon fiber splitters, lips, diffusers etc....
Old 12-28-18, 03:49 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JBison73
Anyone ever use or know anyone that has dealt with Nia Auto design? I keep seeing their name pop up
​​​when it comes to carbon fiber splitters, lips, diffusers etc....
I'm running the full Nia kit as well as part of the Nia designers crew. Kevin from Nia is an awesome guy to deal with. They have quality parts and the pricing is extremely competitive. The kit looks pretty sick too especially for the refresh models. I dont think they offer carbon fiber kits though as I'm sure I would've jumped on that option from the start lol

Old 12-28-18, 05:44 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I like seibon but with any carbon parts fitment will vary. Their front splitter was great but installing their trunk was a ****ing nightmare. Hours of custom cutting. In the end everything looks very nice though.
Old 12-28-18, 05:49 PM
Lexiztunes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jameshan
I like seibon but with any carbon parts fitment will vary. Their front splitter was great but installing their trunk was a ****ing nightmare. Hours of custom cutting. In the end everything looks very nice though.
I've had to do minor cutting on my trunk like make holes slightly larger for the backup camera etc. The fenders I drilled a new hole for one of the mounts. Maybe I was just lucky and got a good batch but I did have to invest a few mins modifying each part to fit. The hood was spot on thankfully.
Old 12-29-18, 01:32 PM
melonbar
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

NIA can make their kit in carbon fiber if you request it (I originally wanted everything in CF as well but it was too expensive for me so I just went with their front splitter and side skirts in gloss black). Just shoot them a DM and they can work with you.
Old 01-01-19, 10:26 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Seibon is your best bet for this platform, I have use a bit of carbon parts on my previous Supra from Seibon and it will need some adjustment, only way to get it perfect is to do body work, all depends on how OCD you are.

The hood oof on the white Supra is Seibon, needed a bit of adjustment, clear gel will crack if you have heat from the turbo like mine did, I would suggest putting high quality clear over your parts if you want to prevent it from yellowing. The front bumper is also carbon fiber and was custom from modelista design, side skirts are carbon from shine auto, diffuser is top secret from shine auto, wing is RMM. The best firmest is the RMM since they are huge, followed by shine since they were just starting up and quality was very good, Seibon was the worst fitment but still not bad. If you want quality you will have to pay for it.