IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New Forum member and IS owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-19, 08:08 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts
Default New Forum member and IS owner

Bought a 2015 Is350 FSport AWD, Atomic silver with red interior. 53,000km on it (I’m in Canada) I paid 32k for it.
first “nice” car... had an rsx, prelude, Altima Coupe and an RX350 before. I’ve had the car for 30 days and So far I’ve...

Replaced factory LCA bushings with oem RCF/GSF bushings for 200$ parts and labor, read about the upgrade on the forum and noticed during test drive the wheel squirms a lot under hard braking..new bushings feel 10x better car drives beautiful now.
Changed cabin & engine filter.
Changed engine oil/transmission/transfer case fluid/front and rear diff fluid...just to start off nice and fresh with everything.
Bought 17” dai alloys with Nokian Hakkapellita R2 winter tires.
20% tint all the way around and plasti dipped emblems.
Getting some rock chips touched up this week and that’s all she wrote till spring when I’m gonna do PPE headers, catback exhaust and tune. I’ve read all about each of them religiously on the forum and I know power gains are minimal but it will sound nice and surprise a few people.

also had dealer replace blower motor under warranty it was noisy and had my nav screen protective glass replaced as I read the anti reflective coating was peeling and I had just a touch of it on mine.

Last edited by NickCaesar; 01-08-19 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-09-19, 04:49 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Welcome to the forum Nick! Now you gotta see some pics
Old 01-09-19, 06:40 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome, from a fellow Canadian atomic silver IS350 F-Sport AWD'er!
Old 01-09-19, 01:21 PM
Dralsi
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the club. I also have a 2015 F Sport AWD with the red interior except with the Ultra White. I got it new when they first came out in 2014. I still have my five-year maintenance package with it, but it ends in October this year. All I've done to mine so far is get the OEM F-Sport exhausts and tinted my windows(Sides and rear) to 20 percent.
Old 01-09-19, 02:31 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dralsi
Welcome to the club. I also have a 2015 F Sport AWD with the red interior except with the Ultra White. I got it new when they first came out in 2014. I still have my five-year maintenance package with it, but it ends in October this year. All I've done to mine so far is get the OEM F-Sport exhausts and tinted my windows(Sides and rear) to 20 percent.
Nice white was my first choice. I’m gonna buy an extended warranty next month, from Lexus. Also I highly recommend upgrading front lower control arm bushings to RCF/GSF bushings... I noticed before I did them that under hard braking the steering wheel moves and I noticed the car pulls hard to the sides of the road has the slightest arch in it.. only 200$ parts n labor and car feels so much better, suppose to reduce the inside tire wear problem also.
Old 01-09-19, 03:19 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NickCaesar
Also I highly recommend upgrading front lower control arm bushings to RCF/GSF bushings... I noticed before I did them that under hard braking the steering wheel moves and I noticed the car pulls hard to the sides of the road has the slightest arch in it.. only 200$ parts n labor and car feels so much better, suppose to reduce the inside tire wear problem also.
Thanks for the tip. Where did you get them (Meraki?), and what was the pricing? About an hour's labour?
Old 01-09-19, 03:41 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Thanks for the tip. Where did you get them (Meraki?), and what was the pricing? About an hour's labour?
Lexus dealer in Canada quoted 180$ for parts plus 200$ labor.... I ended up buying them from an oem Lexus supplier website in the states for 130$ Canadian and a garage by my place installed them in 30 minutes for 50$... just google oem Lexus parts.
theres a ton of threads on here about them. Ur in the states or Canada?
Old 01-09-19, 03:51 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Took a look at a couple threads, they do seem to be a popular and effective upgrade. Hopefully they're a good balance of performance and ride.

Yes, I'm in BC. That labour sounds about as expected for a Lexus dealer, alright. I took a quick look around, they seem to be priced around $55-75US each?
Old 01-09-19, 03:59 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Took a look at a couple threads, they do seem to be a popular and effective upgrade. Hopefully they're a good balance of performance and ride.

Yes, I'm in BC. That labour sounds about as expected for a Lexus dealer, alright. I took a quick look around, they seem to be priced around $55-75US each?
yup mine were 54$ usd each, I live in Ottawa...I ordered them to a P.O. box (ups store) like 30 min across border.. picked them up to save the 30$ in shipping they wanted...if ur near the border u could try that or just pay shipping Here’s the part #’s for them
48075-24010 and 48076-24010.
I used lexuspartsnow.com but as long as you buy those part numbers your good. Makes a huge difference in handling and steering wheel feel.
And the job only takes 30 minutes, make sure you don’t overpay... literally 30 minutes from the time I dropped car off to the time it was back in the parking lot waiting for me.
The following users liked this post:
AtomicAWD (01-09-19)
Old 01-09-19, 04:11 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

They're showing $56 each and $15 shipping, or about $172Can. Will see what the dealer here wants, but it's probably the same as what you were quoted, plus tax on top of that.
Old 01-09-19, 04:58 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

They're showing $56 each and $15 shipping, or about $172Can. Will see what the dealer here wants, but it's probably the same as what you were quoted, plus tax on top of that.
lexus in Ottawa quoted me 180-something plus tax pats and said they come from California. The site I linked u had it ready at my ups store for pickup in a few days. But I also live by the border so I saved the shipping.
Old 01-10-19, 04:51 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

The MSRP on the bushings are $127 each plus tax...so for Ontario that would be $287.02 total for the pair.
Of course as dealers are independently owned, they are free to sell at whatever markup they want.
So if the Ottawa dealer was offering them for $180-something, that was a deal for sure.
Old 01-10-19, 08:10 AM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The MSRP on the bushings are $127 each plus tax...so for Ontario that would be $287.02 total for the pair.
Of course as dealers are independently owned, they are free to sell at whatever markup they want.
So if the Ottawa dealer was offering them for $180-something, that was a deal for sure.
frig I don’t remember if it was 180 or 280 from dealer here... leaning towards 280 now... either way shipped from the states saved some big $$$ with conversion I paid 130$ CAD for both...I thought car had a messed up alignment the stock bushings were so bad, best 200$ I’ve ever spent. I’m surprised every IS owner doesn’t do it. Suppose to help inner tire wear 2.
Old 01-10-19, 08:15 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NickCaesar

frig I don’t remember if it was 180 or 280 from dealer here... leaning towards 280 now... either way shipped from the states saved some big $$$ with conversion I paid 130$ CAD for both...I thought car had a messed up alignment the stock bushings were so bad, best 200$ I’ve ever spent. I’m surprised every IS owner doesn’t do it. Suppose to help inner tire wear 2.
Most that replaced it were using either the RRRacing one or the FIGS one.
I think it was only recently discovered that the RC-F/GS-F ones would fit...as the part number is different because the bushings are harder.
Considering the price of the aftermarket ones, and that the RC/GS is an OEM part, I'll probably look at changing them out this Summer with the RC/GS part.
Old 01-10-19, 08:25 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Welcome. Atomic Silver + Rioja Red interior is the best color combo, but I might be biased?

Looks like you have been busy already, best of luck with the future tuning plans you have.

Quick Reply: New Forum member and IS owner