Program cannot be read please consult to a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-19, 02:56 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program cannot be read please consult to a dealer

Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 lexus is250 F-sport. I never had an issue with the car. But, today when I woke up and turned on the car. my nav screen turn black and said "program cannot be read please consult to a dealer" I researched this problem but everyone seems to have it on older models from 09 and down. Most of fixes required a disc nav but minds does not have a disc nav. Can anyone help
Old 01-25-19, 05:24 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Double check and make sure your micro SD card is ok and inserted...it's behind the door that is in front the shifter (in case you didn't know where it was)

If the SD card is fine, then try disconnecting the battery for at least 10 minutes.
During the 10 minutes, pray to whatever God you believe in hoping that this will fix it.
Old 01-25-19, 09:34 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
...pray to whatever God you believe in hoping that this will fix it.
OP is atheist.

Jk idk
Old 01-26-19, 06:04 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
OP is atheist.

Jk idk
At the price of a new head unit, converting religions to fix this would be less expensive. lol
Old 01-26-19, 08:40 AM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Yea I will try it today. But I cant believe no one else has come across this problem yet.
Old 01-26-19, 10:18 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Even though someone may not have had this particular problem, the 2014 head units do have issues.
Knock on wood mine is still going strong...but I cringe if ever I need to disconnect the battery. Since the system reloads after a power loss, some run into issues at that point.
But since you already have issues, no further harm can be done.

Given the uniqueness of your issue, I'd really be having a close look at that micro SD card though.
Old 01-26-19, 12:43 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Even though someone may not have had this particular problem, the 2014 head units do have issues.
Knock on wood mine is still going strong...but I cringe if ever I need to disconnect the battery. Since the system reloads after a power loss, some run into issues at that point.
But since you already have issues, no further harm can be done.

Given the uniqueness of your issue, I'd really be having a close look at that micro SD card though.
I tried everything! And still nothing has turn on. I played with SD card, battery and just turning on and off the car. I really dont want to go to the dealer for this. Please keep me posted if anyone figured a solution.
Old 01-26-19, 01:38 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

For the battery, how long did you disconnect it? Has to be a good 10 minutes at least...so that everything in the car everywhere powers down.
So many components have capacitors, so they aren't actually dead when you disconnect the battery. The capacitors have to discharge as well.

At the end of the day it always boils down to a head unit. Depending on your exact model of head unit, you're roughly in the $2500 range from the dealer.
Old 01-26-19, 01:45 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

10 minutes on the dot for battery.
question? If the head unit can display your backup camera does that still mean it's bad or does it mean it's the radio reciver?
Old 01-26-19, 01:54 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Catsndogs
10 minutes on the dot for battery.
question? If the head unit can display your backup camera does that still mean it's bad or does it mean it's the radio reciver?
The screen is just a display...the head unit is the radio receiver. Everything runs through the head unit before it goes anywhere...video, audio, camera, etc.

In the non-navi version you can still have the backup camera...although I'm not sure if it was ever sold like that from factory.
I think the camera was in the same package as the navi, but in theory you don't need the navi for the camera to work...it's two separate inputs.

Once you flip it into Reverse, the head unit kills whatever is being displayed to show you the camera...so if the issue was the radio or navi program being displayed (or not being displayed), then it would be killed anyways to show you the camera.

Do you get any screens that come up? Other than the camera and "Program cannot be read..."
Old 01-26-19, 01:59 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Ohh wow! that makes sense now. And no that's the only thing I get when I turn on the car. Sometimes i dont even get the words just total black screen
Old 01-26-19, 02:09 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Ohh wow! that makes sense now. And no that's the only thing I get when I turn on the car. Sometimes i dont even get the words just total black screen
The black screen is a common issue. Head unit is the fix for that.
Old 01-26-19, 02:10 PM
Catsndogs
Driver School Candidate

Also, I noticed when looking online for a head unit. They looked different from mines. Most of them dont have the SD card and the labels in the middle... they have it on the right bottom side.
Old 01-26-19, 02:28 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

The head unit number can be found on the lower left of the face of the unit. Should start with a "P" I think.
Old 03-30-19, 04:09 PM
Naseem24
Driver School Candidate

I Havd the same problem. It just happened to me I got a is250 2014 f sport with Navi. Basically the unit kept resetting itself and than eventually it said a program cannot be read please consult a dealer. I tried disconnecting the Neg terminal. That didn’t work. So I took it to the dealer and they told me I need a new radio. $2200 for the whole replacement. What did you end up doing to fix the unit?
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 lexus is250 F-sport. I never had an issue with the car. But, today when I woke up and turned on the car. my nav screen turn black and said "program cannot be read please consult to a dealer" I researched this problem but everyone seems to have it on older models from 09 and down. Most of fixes required a disc nav but minds does not have a disc nav. Can anyone help

Quick Reply: Program cannot be read please consult to a dealer