IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Bc coils ride quality?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-19, 01:52 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bc coils ride quality?

So im set on getting coils in the near future, now my question being is how is the ride quality? Is there other coilovers that you guys reccomend? My budget is spending less then 1k on coils
Old 01-28-19, 08:40 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Noobierice
So im set on getting coils in the near future, now my question being is how is the ride quality? Is there other coilovers that you guys reccomend? My budget is spending less then 1k on coils
If your budget is $1k for new, then BC is most likely all you can get from an even remotely reputable brand company.

You may find a used set if you get lucky of RS-R, etc. Also, are you installing yourself, because if not, that is a large cost as well.
Old 01-28-19, 08:42 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

I've heard mostly good thing regarding ride quality from clublexus users regarding the BC coils, although with your limited budget, you don't really have much choice anyway...

On some forums for other cars, I've heard they wear a little quicker and need rebuilds fairly quickly, and bounce and ride is a little harsh, but I think that is all relative to each individual. I haven't heard any issues with them breaking or noise increase, etc.
Old 01-28-19, 09:02 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by cliffhokie
If your budget is $1k for new, then BC is most likely all you can get from an even remotely reputable brand company.

You may find a used set if you get lucky of RS-R, etc. Also, are you installing yourself, because if not, that is a large cost as well.
im planning on installing it myself
Old 01-28-19, 09:03 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by cliffhokie
I've heard mostly good thing regarding ride quality from clublexus users regarding the BC coils, although with your limited budget, you don't really have much choice anyway...

On some forums for other cars, I've heard they wear a little quicker and need rebuilds fairly quickly, and bounce and ride is a little harsh, but I think that is all relative to each individual. I haven't heard any issues with them breaking or noise increase, etc.
ah i see, thank you guys for the replies looks like bs is the choice!
Old 01-28-19, 09:05 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Bc will be your best choice for coils under $1k. $1.3k for BC w/ Swift!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-28-19, 10:17 AM
SSworks
Driver

Do these coilovers work with the Adaptive Variable Suspension system?
Old 01-28-19, 01:33 PM
cliffhokie
Driver

Originally Posted by SSworks
Do these coilovers work with the Adaptive Variable Suspension system?
There aren't any that work with AVS. J5 had created one, but to my knowledge, they no longer are in business, or don't produce the Lexus ISXXX kit anymore. If you want to maintain AVS, go with springs.
Old 01-28-19, 01:44 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

If your goal is ride quality, stock is the best you're going to get. The lower you go, the stiffer you need to be to control oscillation with less travel. To top it off, budget companies like BC and the likes are just that--budget. They're what kids get when they get their first jobs and want to slam their cars but don't have the money. Back in the old days on BMW boards, there horror stories of these coils and the likes, welds cracking, flipping M3s on their roof, etc.

I personally always recommend going full quality when going suspension. Usually German.

The strongest name in suspensions, Bilstein, used to offer, through Lexus, professional Lexus/Bilstein dampers for our cars. I'm not sure if they still do. You can get them on eBay. The strongest name in the world.

KW is another world standard. But sadly they don't make stuff for Lexus (that I know of)

Tociko (sp) and Sachs are also big 7/8 figure names.

When it comes to parts critical to keeping your car on the road (brakes, suspension etc) always go BIG BUDGET BILLION DOLLAR NAMES. Never ever go with generic or small time racer/ricer boy brands. Always go full quality. Just my advice based on experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
BrettKA7 (01-28-19), TOPENDMS (01-30-19)
Old 01-28-19, 01:47 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Found a set of rears https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-F...!-1:rk:11:pf:0

probably fronts exist somewhere. i almost bought these for my car but they couldn't get one of the fronts shipped to me so i had to cancel the whole order.

this is the only move i'd make if i replaced dampers. the only move.
Old 01-28-19, 02:05 PM
cliffhokie
Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT

probably fronts exist somewhere. i almost bought these for my car but they couldn't get one of the fronts shipped to me so i had to cancel the whole order.

Does he have RWD? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but there aren't really any high dollar choices for the lexus 3G Lexus ISXXX, especially AWD. Also, he only has a $1k budget and may not be tracking it. I'm not sure your goals are the same as his.
Old 01-28-19, 02:27 PM
SSworks
Driver

Do these work with the AVS? I see no mention of it.
Old 01-28-19, 03:33 PM
BrettKA7
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

If your goal is ride quality, stock is the best you're going to get. The lower you go, the stiffer you need to be to control oscillation with less travel. To top it off, budget companies like BC and the likes are just that--budget. They're what kids get when they get their first jobs and want to slam their cars but don't have the money. Back in the old days on BMW boards, there horror stories of these coils and the likes, welds cracking, flipping M3s on their roof, etc.

I personally always recommend going full quality when going suspension. Usually German.

The strongest name in suspensions, Bilstein, used to offer, through Lexus, professional Lexus/Bilstein dampers for our cars. I'm not sure if they still do. You can get them on eBay. The strongest name in the world.

KW is another world standard. But sadly they don't make stuff for Lexus (that I know of)

When it comes to parts critical to keeping your car on the road (brakes, suspension etc) always go BIG BUDGET BILLION DOLLAR NAMES. Never ever go with generic or small time racer/ricer boy brands. Always go full quality. Just my advice based on experience.
+1

Why are you going to go (incredibly) cheap on your car's suspension when Lexus put so much work into making it drive nice from the factory?
Old 01-30-19, 05:06 PM
Noobierice
Rookie

you got a point there, sadly i cant find any bilstien shocks for our models 🤔
Old 01-30-19, 10:43 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

They're what kids get when they get their first jobs and want to slam their cars but don't have the money.
He said it, not me ..

Quick Reply: Bc coils ride quality?