IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Moving on.......after Hit and Run (Jag content)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-19, 01:55 AM
Snailedit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Moving on.......after Hit and Run (Jag content)

So my wife's car https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...fes-car-4.html was involved in a hit and run! We live downtown with a house that has a driveway but unfortunately entry it is a tad steep. Because of the steep grade her car wouldn't go up the driveway due to the front end being too low. With that her car had to be parked on the street (in front of our house). Well about a month ago someone in the middle of the night ****ing hit her car.......hard, it was pushed back 3-4 feet from where it was parked! Whoever hit her car took off (I don't know how with all that damage).

After the car sat a the body shop for 3 weeks the insurance company totaled the car out. I wasn't happy but a the same time I really didn't want a car with this kind of damage on a car report. So the search was on. I was leaning for a RCF but in the end we wanted something that isn't seen often and Jaguar came to mind. We looked a few F-types and even F-pace (SUV) until we found this..........XE 35T Rsport! Has a 3.0 SC V6 making 340 mated to VF 8 spd auto! I really loved her Lexus and both have very similar qualities but the Jag is much more fun to drive!!

It's been fun and I still think I might get a RCF (for myself) so this isn't good bye but until next time! On to the pictures.

Last edited by Snailedit; 03-09-19 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-09-19, 05:12 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 199 Posts

Your wife looks like she could've destroyed the IS' bumper with her bare hands..

Hey but in all actuality I'm glad no one was hurt and it seems you guys are happy with what replaced the IS, it's a nice car, considering the depreciation.
Enjoy the new ride.
The following 4 users liked this post by tofuprod:
CarlitoIS (03-09-19), davyjordi (03-20-20), po1qw (02-22-20), whoismiked (02-20-20)
Old 03-09-19, 10:09 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Kinda surprised the insurance co. totaled it. Is the chasis and engine damage behind the bumper worse than it looks? Love the red on the new Jag, the headlights look aggressive and the wheels are 19" factory?
The following 3 users liked this post by zhifan1:
davyjordi (03-20-20), Gladius (02-23-20), link13 (03-23-20)
Old 03-10-19, 03:22 AM
Snailedit
Rookie

Originally Posted by tofuprod
Your wife looks like she could've destroyed the IS' bumper with her bare hands..

Hey but in all actuality I'm glad no one was hurt and it seems you guys are happy with what replaced the IS, it's a nice car, considering the depreciation.
Enjoy the new ride.
Thanks! She is very happy with the new ride but when we see other IS she does miss it.
Old 03-10-19, 03:30 AM
Snailedit
Rookie

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Kinda surprised the insurance co. totaled it. Is the chasis and engine damage behind the bumper worse than it looks? Love the red on the new Jag, the headlights look aggressive and the wheels are 19" factory?
I was told that they had price everything with "aftermarket" parts which I told them I didn't want anything that wasn't OEM Lexus/Toyota parts so that changed the estimate then they discovered some suspension issues (more cost) and last they found electrical issues (not sure) that required the car to be shipped to Lexus which is 2 hours from here and that cost drove the estimate over.

Yeah the Red really pops on this car and the rims are my favorite thing about the exterior of the car, they are 20s.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (03-10-19)
Old 03-10-19, 07:02 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,684 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Snailedit - That is so upsetting when I hear stories of hit and run, people are such cowards!! Accidents happen but people should be "big enough" and own up to their mistakes but maybe I live in an ideal world.

That being said, the wife's new ride looks amazing and like you, the wheels just made me drool!! I will say that my first reaction (being honest) was that going from a Lexus to a Jaguar is a bold move when taking reliability in consideration.
Old 03-10-19, 10:13 AM
Snailedit
Rookie

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Snailedit - That is so upsetting when I hear stories of hit and run, people are such cowards!! Accidents happen but people should be "big enough" and own up to their mistakes but maybe I live in an ideal world.

That being said, the wife's new ride looks amazing and like you, the wheels just made me drool!! I will say that my first reaction (being honest) was that going from a Lexus to a Jaguar is a bold move when taking reliability in consideration.
Thanks bud, I feel like Jagaur is much better than it was 10-15 years ago when it come to just about every aspect including reliability.
Old 02-20-20, 12:02 AM
silverjdm
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have always been a fan of Jaguar styling. This red XE is a beautiful car. (gorgeous wheels) Im happy to hear that they have gotten better in terms of reliability.
Old 02-20-20, 10:56 AM
Cicnus
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the Jaguar. Always have loved those cars. That red is very appealing, and the interior looks very nice. I would suggest getting a dash cam that you can hardwire in for the future. You can get them pretty cheap and hardwiring them for the parking mode isnt very difficult. They can save alot of future headaches, especially when a hit n run is involved.
Old 02-22-20, 06:57 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 291 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, Jaguar reliability has vastly improved from those ‘dark days’ of Lucas electrical issues.
My IS is my winter car. My summer car is a 2007 Jaguar XK (X150) convertible, also red on 20” wheels. Basically bullet proof, only scheduled maintenance.
I’ve heard from other XE owners that they love the car and have had no issues. Good choice, enjoy it!
Old 02-22-20, 09:12 AM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Jaguar reliability is atrocious.. hopefully everything works out, sorry that happened. Keep us posted on the Jag
Old 02-22-20, 12:54 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 291 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by swaangin
Jaguar reliability is atrocious.. hopefully everything works out, sorry that happened. Keep us posted on the Jag
You’re reading old news. A bad rep is hard to overcome, but they have put out very reliable products in the new designs after Ford acquired them, and it seems to have continued under the Tata ownership.
My X150 has been very reliable.
Old 02-22-20, 01:11 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
You’re reading old news. A bad rep is hard to overcome, but they have put out very reliable products in the new designs after Ford acquired them, and it seems to have continued under the Tata ownership.
Hmmm this is not what I’ve heard even under the Tata/Chery ownership. Hopefully you’re right, I’m not one to not give the benefit of the doubt but most definitely their track record doesn’t inspire confidence.
davyjordi (03-20-20)
Old 02-22-20, 02:58 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Pretty sure I watched a review of a new Jaguar F type with the trunk liner peeling off and the trunk struts failing.. and that was just the "minor" issues
Old 02-22-20, 08:29 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Snailedit
Thanks bud, I feel like Jagaur is much better than it was 10-15 years ago when it come to just about every aspect including reliability.
Jag has only gotten worse.
davyjordi (03-20-20)

Quick Reply: Moving on.......after Hit and Run (Jag content)