Old 05-15-19, 04:32 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

48075-24010
48076-24010

At least those are on my order.
The following 3 users liked this post by sunamer:
babaijebu (05-17-19), kj07xk (05-17-19), VisualEcho (05-15-19)
Old 05-28-19, 10:52 AM
aniks
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ak0ng
A simple mechanic shop should be able to do the job.

Does anyone have any idea of how much this might cost? I've been quoted $700+ and that seems unreasonable if it's only a 30 minute job.
Old 05-28-19, 11:09 AM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by aniks
Does anyone have any idea of how much this might cost? I've been quoted $700+ and that seems unreasonable if it's only a 30 minute job.
Did you already buy the parts? It takes 30 minutes to do so you should be paying 30 min of labor OR 1 hour if they charge a minimum. Call a reputable shop in your area, explain you bought the part, Text or email them a pic of the part so they can understand what it is. Tell them the bushing is already in the new bracket and it’s a few easy to reach bolts to swap. Tell them you know it takes 30 minutes to swap and ask how much they would charge to do it.
Old 05-28-19, 11:14 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

It should be around $100 since it should easily be done within an hour. I would guess a shop would probably charge that just to make something on it since it is so quick and easy.

Someone quoting $700 probably doesn't realize the simplicity of the tasks and figures they will have to dismantle other suspension components, press bushings, etc. It's really simple, 3 bolts on each side. Pull them off, install the new ones, load the suspension and torque the bolts.
Old 05-28-19, 12:06 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by NickCaesar
Did you already buy the parts? It takes 30 minutes to do so you should be paying 30 min of labor OR 1 hour if they charge a minimum. Call a reputable shop in your area, explain you bought the part, Text or email them a pic of the part so they can understand what it is. Tell them the bushing is already in the new bracket and it’s a few easy to reach bolts to swap. Tell them you know it takes 30 minutes to swap and ask how much they would charge to do it.
It literally took my mechanic 30 minutes to do it and he asked for $100 even I thought that was too much.. I went to a Meineke
Old 05-28-19, 12:22 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Yup, the "book rate" is something like 4.5 hours, but someone with air tools likely gets it done in under 1/2.
Old 05-28-19, 12:34 PM
aniks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Yup, the "book rate" is something like 4.5 hours, but someone with air tools likely gets it done in under 1/2.
Yeah that's what they've been charging. I went to 3 different mechanics and they all said it would be 4 hours. Two I showed a picture, but I'll have to wait until the parts come in (hopefully next week) and try again.
Old 05-28-19, 12:37 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

It's pretty silly. The one shop I even showed them while it was up on the lift and they were still humming and hawing -- dude look, it's three bolts! My mechanic was wary too, then when he did them I said "Easy, right?" and he agreed. He had the one front spring on and the LCAs done in about the time it takes to do the spring alone, plus he took pics.
Old 05-28-19, 01:12 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by aniks
Yeah that's what they've been charging. I went to 3 different mechanics and they all said it would be 4 hours. Two I showed a picture, but I'll have to wait until the parts come in (hopefully next week) and try again.

This has been previously posted somewhere. I showed my mechanic this video after he quoted 4 hours and he charged me $100 for the job. Its like 30-45 min.
The following 2 users liked this post by EZZ:
aniks (05-28-19), babaijebu (06-07-19)
Old 05-28-19, 01:45 PM
aniks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EZZ
https://youtu.be/RWa3EDMvQXE

This has been previously posted somewhere. I showed my mechanic this video after he quoted 4 hours and he charged me $100 for the job. Its like 30-45 min.
You are a life saver. I sent the video to the mechanic and he said it looks easy and shouldn't cost more than $100.

Now just have to wait for the part to be here.
Old 09-19-19, 02:49 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Question, please.

Just purchased my GS/RC-F front LCA bushings from mega zip.

I had to kind of last second buy some tires last week so next day put in a order for the bushings. Wanted to do all at the same time before alignment, but oh well.

Now I'm waiting to do alignment until they get here and installed. Est. Arrival 09/23-09/30. Should I wait to do alignment? I drive about 80miles a day.

Is alignment necessary after install of the bushings? Don't want to go too long on new tires with no alignment....and who knows how long I'll actually wait these are going to ship from Japan.

Thanks
Old 09-19-19, 03:00 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by HOMER350
Question, please.

Just purchased my GS/RC-F front LCA bushings from mega zip.

I had to kind of last second buy some tires last week so next day put in a order for the bushings. Wanted to do all at the same time before alignment, but oh well.

Now I'm waiting to do alignment until they get here and installed. Est. Arrival 09/23-09/30. Should I wait to do alignment? I drive about 80miles a day.

Is alignment necessary after install of the bushings? Don't want to go too long on new tires with no alignment....and who knows how long I'll actually wait these are going to ship from Japan.

Thanks
I had the bushings installed, went for alignment and ended up not needing one. Everything was in spec.
an alignment never hurts and it’s best to play it safe so while you technically might not need one you should probably just drop the few extra $$$ and get it done.
Old 09-19-19, 04:09 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by NickCaesar
I had the bushings installed, went for alignment and ended up not needing one. Everything was in spec.
an alignment never hurts and it’s best to play it safe so while you technically might not need one you should probably just drop the few extra $$$ and get it done.
Thanks Nick.
I'm definitely gonna get it done just whether I wait until they're here (and go on new tires w/out alignment until then). Or, get the alignment now and not after the bushings install.

Anyone else find they did not need alignment after bushing install?
Old 09-20-19, 12:36 AM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

If you get it done by a good mechanic, you don't really need an alignment or to torque the bolts back. I made sure everything lined back up to the stock LCA bushings and lined the bolts back to their original positions, air tools makes this really easy on a lift.

Did noticed a better drive and stability after but not significant but car feels better though.
Old 09-20-19, 10:28 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by ex00
If you get it done by a good mechanic, you don't really need an alignment or to torque the bolts back. I made sure everything lined back up to the stock LCA bushings and lined the bolts back to their original positions, air tools makes this really easy on a lift.

Did noticed a better drive and stability after but not significant but car feels better though.
Thanks for the input.
Probably doing myself most likely.
I don't think I'll need an alignment. It's somewhat related but not really.

Not sure what you meant with torque. When I was working in a shop we used air tools but always did final torque to spec by hand.

Quick Reply: Installed RCF / GSF bushings..