IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus OEM F Sport Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 07:29 PM
iBeVince
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus OEM F Sport Lowering Springs

How does everyone feel about the F Sport lowering springs?
I am still under warranty so I don’t want coils atm but want it lowered just a tad for now. Not a significant drop but still enough for me right now.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-19, 07:45 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

from the pictures that i've seen with the f sport lowering springs, it doesn't look like the front's dropped at all. the rear looked a little lower.

i believe the rsr half downs gave the car a slightly lowered look.
The following users liked this post:
iBeVince (04-24-19)
Old 04-24-19, 11:54 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Honestly, the half downs and the f sport springs still leave a significant gap in my mind. I don't think the cost is worth it for the drop you get with half downs. I contemplated half downs, but looking at pictures I couldn't justify the money for what I was going to get. To each their own though. Good luck!
Old 04-25-19, 04:38 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
Honestly, the half downs and the f sport springs still leave a significant gap in my mind. I don't think the cost is worth it for the drop you get with half downs. I contemplated half downs, but looking at pictures I couldn't justify the money for what I was going to get. To each their own though. Good luck!
I will disagree with this. When I put 19's on my car I had no intention of lowering at all. After having the rims on for a while I realized that I could not handle the tire gap, but I didn't want to be too low.

I got the half downs and the drop was perfect for me.
JohnAceGT8 (11-05-21)
Old 04-25-19, 05:52 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I will disagree with this. When I put 19's on my car I had no intention of lowering at all. After having the rims on for a while I realized that I could not handle the tire gap, but I didn't want to be too low.

I got the half downs and the drop was perfect for me.
With 19’s or 20’s maybe, but with the stock 18’s it’s not worth it IMO. Once again I said to each their own, not everyone wants to get rid of the gap completely. Others do and that can be done different ways.
Old 04-25-19, 07:39 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
With 19’s or 20’s maybe, but with the stock 18’s it’s not worth it IMO. Once again I said to each their own, not everyone wants to get rid of the gap completely. Others do and that can be done different ways.
This made me look at before and after photos with my stock 18's after seasonal swap with half downs.
I agree, not worth it if you're not upsizing rims.
Old 04-25-19, 08:14 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,201 Likes on 1,649 Posts

I have the H-Techs from Tein which is the same exact drop of the F Sports and half downs. Looks great on stock F Sport wheels.

I'm going to get the F Sports for my CT200h F Sport too. I love F Sports. They're the grandest and most adult of all the springs. And they're from Lexus. The blue paint is intoxicating... especially with the F Sport logo. Great (better) for resale value too. When I traded my leased CT in with the F Sports on, it was no problem w/ Lexus.

I had them on my prior car a CT200h F Sport (another one) and I loved them! I love the professional and mature look. I've done the whole slammy whammy thing when I was in my teens and early 20s. Been there done that. Not the look you want when you're around professionals, IMO. Also attracts cops. They think you're extreme and have drugs inside or may do something illegal (even if it's not true) I once had a cop tell me that my car being slammed is what got his attention to pull me over (when i was a kid). Fly under the radar w/ your mods if you can. Big 19 inchers, slammy whammy boy springs, thumbing rap music, gang looking mods, excessively dark tint will just attract attention.But I guess you can learn through experience or through advice.

I tend to like subtle factory inspired sport looks, just my preference =)

Here's my old CT and my current IS both with the mildest of the springs available. Subtle. Pro. The pic of the CT my friend took and he asked me to turn the wheel. Not my flavor. but you can still get an idea of subtle Lexus drop on stock F sport wheels. You start getting into a handling mess if you go too low... i'l save that for another thread

Pro F Sport

Pro H-Tech (which is in the same line as half down, F sport)
gbgary (04-25-19)