IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The IS 200t is a remarkable car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-19, 03:02 PM
Tharr62
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The IS 200t is a remarkable car...

Many of you have seen my other threads, with all the "new" questions.. and I thank you all for helping.

After two weeks, and 500+ miles on my CPO 2016 IS 200t I can say I truly love this car! Coming from a 2015 RX 350 I can tell you I noticed the following right away..

1. The seats! They are WAY better quality, MUCH softer, and SO much more comfortable than the 2015 RX. My wife, has a 2018 RX and that is okay, but man.. in 2015 they skimped on the leather and this IS is TRULY nice! Looking forward to a long relationship with them ;-)

2.The 200t drives more like a V6 than it does a "typical" 4-cylinder car. In fact, it is significantly smoother / quite vs. my RX 350, which was always a bit loud and snarly for a Lexus (many threads on this too).

3. Once upon a time I owned a BMW 330ci and this car I love a lot more. The "feel" of the driver position, feels more like a fighter jet vs. a car. Hard to explain if you never driven one.. but, its truly great and very addicting!

4. The "look" of this car is just amazing. It's (IMO) the most attractive car on the road (most of the time). I love ALL the lines and design. Front, side, rear, its all good!

5. The turbo is actually a ton of fun. Yes, there is a delay from dead stop.. but, honestly I am already used to it and it's not a big deal at all. Most of time I am rolling and up to speed much faster than I think. The fun part is when it DOES ramp up, and you can feel it rocket the car along (highway ramps, fast lane etc..) It feels very nice, and the car is SUPER stable and solid.

All in all, the car is just perfect for me. This 2016 was a CPO car, and was first in service on 6/2016.. so. I have 6/2020 of factory left on it.. and then 2 additional years of CPO with unlimited miles. So, at the end of the day I bought this car for $24K, with 23,000 miles on it with a three year factory service included. Ill never buy new again! LOL. I drive about 8K a year.. and plan to maintain this nice for the next 7 years here in South FL. (oil every 5K, top tier gas, etc..).

Great car!

Old 05-20-19, 03:30 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,165 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Nice car! nice pics except that last one where your hand is in the picture.. ruined it lol.
Old 05-20-19, 05:02 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats, glad to hear how great it's turned out!
Old 05-23-19, 01:39 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Congratulations, glad you went ahead with it.
enjoy the car, most of the “issues” discussed in the other thread is covered by your warranty, the only thing not covered is the lower control arm bushing.
Old 05-23-19, 03:35 PM
Tharr62
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car! nice pics except that last one where your hand is in the picture.. ruined it lol.
LOL, and I am a pro wedding / fashion photographer in real life! LMAO! I guess I slack with my phone!

Congratulations, glad you went ahead with it.
enjoy the car, most of the “issues” discussed in the other thread is covered by your warranty, the only thing not covered is the lower control arm bushing.
Thanks Tony! Yeah, the more I search around "looking" for people with major issues with this car / engine the more I dont find anything. So that says a lot (granted its a new engine, but still). I'm still in shock that I got this amazing car, with 23K on it for $24K with the CPO for three years from now (in service date was 6/2016). I really am happy with it! Thanks again!
Old 06-02-19, 05:14 AM
iampidus
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! I am looking to buy a 2016 IS 200t F-Sport within the next week. I am a little apprehensive. I love the looks of the car and all the reviews have been great. My apprehension stems from not knowing the subsequent upkeep costs. The car I am looking at has 21K miles and is being sold by a used car dealership, but I am not sure what to expect with initial maintenance costs. I will be seeing the car in 5 days when I get home and if the pics are accurate it looks GREAT esp with having such low miles. It's a reputable dealer and does not buy salvaged or cars which have been in accidents or have any title issues etc. So I really shouldn't be worried...but I am :/
Old 06-02-19, 11:20 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by iampidus
Congrats!! I am looking to buy a 2016 IS 200t F-Sport within the next week. I am a little apprehensive. I love the looks of the car and all the reviews have been great. My apprehension stems from not knowing the subsequent upkeep costs. The car I am looking at has 21K miles and is being sold by a used car dealership, but I am not sure what to expect with initial maintenance costs. I will be seeing the car in 5 days when I get home and if the pics are accurate it looks GREAT esp with having such low miles. It's a reputable dealer and does not buy salvaged or cars which have been in accidents or have any title issues etc. So I really shouldn't be worried...but I am :/
The upkeep is the usual, oil changes. Air filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs eventually, etc. The only thing that is a pain is the inner tire wear (search the forums on this topic) and the turbo regulator going out (just happened to me but covered under warranty) which you can still drive with no issues there is just a lot of surge.
The following users liked this post:
iampidus (06-02-19)