IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus IS 300 (Headlight System Uninitialized)(Visit Your Dealer)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-19, 12:17 PM
AmirMubrk
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus IS 300 (Headlight System Uninitialized)(Visit Your Dealer)

Hello guys,

I just replaced my left headlight computer its L027 with another one (used), since I had an issue in my old one (a water came inside it and it was burned electrically) so after I replace the computer and placed my headlight, i started the car and I got this message, any idea how to fix it?
here’s a picture down there.
My car is 2018 LEXUS IS300 FSPORT
Thank you

Old 05-25-19, 02:47 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by AmirMubrk
Hello guys,

I just replaced my left headlight computer its L027 with another one (used), since I had an issue in my old one (a water came inside it and it was burned electrically) so after I replace the computer and placed my headlight, i started the car and I got this message, any idea how to fix it?
Thank you
If you have a 2018 why didn’t you get the dealership to take care of it under warranty? You shouldn’t have even had this issue after just one year or so.
Old 05-25-19, 03:00 PM
BobbyGee
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, if you have HID light system then you could try this from below (extracted from Toyota Tech) but at your own risk. However, I think that just blinking the lights in sequences above would not make any damage, it would either get you through this phase or no change.

1. SYNCHRONIZE VEHICLE INFORMATION

Turn the engine switch on (IG), and check that the headlight leveling warning light continuously blinks at 0.5 Hz.
Turn the low beam headlights on and off 8 times using the light control switch within 20 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG).

Note:
Turn the low beam headlights on and off at less than 2-second intervals.

Tip:
If the light control switch operation cannot be finished within 20 seconds, turn the engine switch off. Then, turn the engine switch on (IG) and restart the procedure.

Check that the headlight leveling warning light continuously blinks 6 times at 2 Hz.

Turn the engine switch off.

Note:
After synchronizing vehicle information, initialize the headlight leveling ECU assembly.

2. HEADLIGHT LEVELING ECU ASSEMBLY INITIALIZATION

Turn the engine switch on (IG).

Check the specified number of times to turn the low beam headlights on and off.

Tip: The number of times the low beam headlights need to be turned on and off is determined by the present fuel level as shown below.

Fuel level is empty, near or below to the empty line ....... 1 times

Fuel level is within 1% and 25% ....... 2 times

Fuel level is within 25% and 50% ....... 3 times

Fuel level is within 50% and 75% ........ 4 times

Fuel level is within 75% an 100% ........ 5 times

Turn the engine switch on (IG) with the light control switch off.

Turn and hold the dimmer switch in the FLASH position, and turn the taillights on and off using the light control switch 3 times.

Note:
Turn the taillights on and off within 5 seconds.

Turn the low beam headlights on and off according to the specified number of times using the light control switch within 20 seconds.

Tip:
Turn the low beam headlights on and off at less than 3-second intervals.

Check the warning light.

Check that initialization finishes normally - warning lights should blink fast 6 times OR blink continuously for the same amount determined by the number of times the low beam headlights were turned on and off.

The following users liked this post:
AmirMubrk (05-26-19)
Old 05-26-19, 04:16 AM
AmirMubrk
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Flash5
If you have a 2018 why didn’t you get the dealership to take care of it under warranty? You shouldn’t have even had this issue after just one year or so.
I imported it from USA to Dubai.
No more warranty
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (05-26-19)
Old 05-26-19, 04:52 AM
BobbyGee
Driver

Hi Amir,

I have adapted my previous post so you could easily try the procedure manually. However, please see attached the full specs for the procedure, which includes both manual (lights sequences) and specialized software (GTS) that would help.
I think you should first try the manual approach. If not, then go to a Toyota service and let them do it for you, should be an easy job for them

PS Please do let us know if it worked or not
Old 05-26-19, 05:09 AM
AmirMubrk
7th Gear

Originally Posted by BobbyGee
Hi Amir,

I have adapted my previous post so you could easily try the procedure manually. However, please see attached the full specs for the procedure, which includes both manual (lights sequences) and specialized software (GTS) that would help.
I think you should first try the manual approach. If not, then go to a Toyota service and let them do it for you, should be an easy job for them

PS Please do let us know if it worked or not
Hello,
thank you so much for your respond, I will try it tomorrow and let you know.
by the way how do you get these repairing PDFs?
Old 05-26-19, 08:41 AM
BobbyGee
Driver

My source is from https://www.lexus-tech.eu
You can register to make an account, then you pay for limited access and get the info that you need.
Old 05-26-19, 09:18 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

I imported it from USA to Dubai.
No more warranty
Oh okay, that sucks. Hopefully the instructions provided works for you!
Old 01-07-22, 11:23 AM
YuriVV
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys,

Thank you
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and can not solve it. Have you found the solution? Can anyone help me?
Old 02-19-24, 06:54 AM
Abdullaan
2nd gear

Default I have the same error

Originally Posted by YuriVV
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and can not solve it. Have you found the solution? Can anyone help me?
Did you fix this error ?
Old 02-19-24, 07:41 AM
YuriVV
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Abdullaan
Did you fix this error ?
I couldn't fix the problem with used module no way, so I bought new one from official Lexus dealer. After replacement the new one need to calibrate the module.
Old 02-20-24, 08:59 AM
Abdullaan
2nd gear

Originally Posted by YuriVV
I couldn't fix the problem with used module no way, so I bought new one from official Lexus dealer. After replacement the new one need to calibrate the module.
Okay well. So you didnt change the headlight, right ? Only the module was replaced.

I believe we need to calibrate/initialize the module whenever you replace it. I bought the new module last week and it's showing 'Headlight system uninitialized" error. Once I initialized it, now its showing "Headlight system malfunction" as the RH headlight fan is not working (this error showing in technical computer).

Old 02-20-24, 11:21 AM
YuriVV
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Abdullaan
Okay well. So you didnt change the headlight, right ? Only the module was replaced.

I believe we need to calibrate/initialize the module whenever you replace it. I bought the new module last week and it's showing 'Headlight system uninitialized" error. Once I initialized it, now its showing "Headlight system malfunction" as the RH headlight fan is not working (this error showing in technical computer).

No, I didn’t changed the headlight, only module. When I changed module it’s showed “Headlight system uninitialized" as yours, after that I tried fix with steering wheels buttons (I find some methods in forums), but in vain, I fix it via lexus dealers service software (Techstream).