IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I do NOT recommend leasing from Lexus!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-19 | 12:59 PM
thehank
Driver School Candidate

Default I do NOT recommend leasing from Lexus!

I’ll never drive a Lexus again knowing how corporate treats their customers.

Turned in my lease under the mileage. I had a tear in both arm rests where your elbows rest. Both tears were under the size of a credit card. Have pictures and everything. Even went through the appeal process. And also notified the dealership as this shouldn’t be happening. I’ve never ripped an armrest – in a Ford, Chevy, BMW . I’m 6ft, under 200 lbs. According to the lease turn in document, it needs to be under the size of a credit card.

Also they stated my windshield had chips/cracks – whereas I have free windshield replacement and chip filling on my insurance, and always have. I have 1 replacement and 2 fill ins, and they are sending me photos that all of a sudden I have super tiny chips in the windshield. Yeah it's called a windshield. Same way the tires don't still have the color markers on them.

The fees they are charging are outrageous and not at market price. I was looking to lease an SUV through Lexus but considering how I was treated and all of the hoops you have to jump through – they just lost a customer due to a few thousand dollars. They’ll nickel and dime you. They even kept my MSD – security deposit even after I paid the fines in advance before appealing.

That Lexus had a ceramic coating installed twice over the 3 years, leather seats conditioned religiously, oil changes at 7k miles instead of recommended 10k, and had dashcams running. That car was in great shape! What a racket.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND LEASING A LEXUS TO ANYONE!

Old 06-07-19 | 01:43 PM
arentz07
drives cars

For whatever it's worth, if any interior elements of a car had significant damage, I would not buy that car, and neither would most people I know. That's probably why they are having to fix it - they know it would make the car very difficult to sell.

What are they charging you? Do you have numbers? I am turning in my lease in 6-9 months here, so I am curious.
Old 06-07-19 | 02:15 PM
thehank
Driver School Candidate

Sure they are reselling it, but there is some leeway. No lease is going to be perfect. See document.

https://lexusfinancial.com/pub/stati...ear---use.html - see the wear and tear document. Again - smaller than a credit card.

I recommend going on eBay or whatever parts you can find and fixing it yourself or finding a shop besides the dealership.
Old 06-08-19 | 09:06 AM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

How much they trying to charge you?

That's what worries me too. I just hope I can sell mine to autonation at lease end to avoid all this nonsense. I leased damn car for 18,000 miles per year w/ a residual of $19,500. By lease end I will only have about 28,000 total miles, well under my allotted 54,000 miles. But it wont matter...just hoping I can at least get $19,500 and I will just sell it and not worry about the end of lease anxiety.
Old 06-08-19 | 09:35 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

What experience(s) have you had turning in leases to other financial companies and/or
what might you have been told when a straight trade in value was lower than you researched?

Reconditioning costs can be quite an obstacle when pricing to resell, what you are presenting as
insignificant details will be cause for any potential buyer to down grade an offer or worse, decline
to buy the car.
Old 06-08-19 | 09:43 AM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

I have sold three vehicles through autonation. You just fill out online and they email you a certificate.

I Just called and set up an appointment each time. Usually they don't even drive car. They write a check in the amount of certificate and pay you within an hour. Or pay the financial company.

I will sell to them as long as I get the payoff amount. Not much to recondition on my car. Not a scratch or ding yet. Always garaged both at home and at work. Never drive in rain either. I just hope a three year old IS 200t with only about 28,000 miles or less is worth $19500. Else I will just turn in. I have nothing to lose hopefully...

Last edited by GaryJG; 06-08-19 at 09:47 AM.