IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Navigation/Radio/Monitor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-19, 01:52 PM
JAM
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Navigation/Radio/Monitor Issue

My wife's 2018 IS 300 which is one year old, just started to have the Monitor/Map/Radio Screen go Black about every day this week, then within 10 seconds reboots as if starting the auto, then all is back with map and the radio station. Loose wiring, or the beginning of an issues with this particular year and model. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-25-19, 06:14 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,724 Likes on 1,897 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM
My wife's 2018 IS 300 which is one year old, just started to have the Monitor/Map/Radio Screen go Black about every day this week, then within 10 seconds reboots as if starting the auto, then all is back with map and the radio station. Loose wiring, or the beginning of an issues with this particular year and model. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
My first thought would be a bad battery. Have you tried testing the battery yet?

I'd say take it to the dealer if you haven't already. It's a 2018, so whatever is wrong will most likely be within warranty coverage.
Old 08-26-19, 05:09 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

If the battery reset doesn't work, record it so you can show the SA when you take it to the dealer (just in case they can't replicate it).

My '14 suffered from the navi freeze/loop issue and the unit was replaced under warranty.
Old 08-26-19, 07:52 AM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

My ‘17 was having the same issue when I first got it, turned out it was from using my usb as a charging port vs for music. Once I stopped plugging it in for charging, the reboots quit, don’t know for sure if this applies to you or not, just thought I’d share. If I plug it in for music it won’t do it either.
Old 08-26-19, 10:02 AM
MadmanJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM
i had a similar issue with my 2017 IS 300. The head unit would just reboot itself as I was driving. Seemed to happen mainly when I had my phone plugged into the USB port for charging and mainly when the weather was cold. I tried several different USB cables but didn’t seem to help.

It started to get worse so I had Lexus replace the entire head unit under warranty a few months ago. So far so good with the new unit but will see how it behaves when it is winter.

Make sure you report it to your Lexus dealer and have them replace it before you warranty runs out.