IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

No digital clock (solution)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-19 | 01:06 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Default No digital clock (solution)

"Snug fit, no need for adhesive. Always on display. Does not light at night" .

I love my lexus 3is350. It's an amazing car to drive and to look at when walking away or toward it. With that said, it's annoying that there is no digital clock! On my way to work I Want to just glance over and see if I'm on time. At a glance I just Wana be informed of the time without having to study the big hand and little hand on the clock. I can appreciate the luxury of the analog clock. It looks nice, especially at night when it's lit. I own a couple of time pieces (wrist watches with mechanical movements) so again I appreciate an analog clock. But didigtal is so convenient
So while at my local auto zone I found a small digital clock that fits snug on the dash and displays a quick at a glance look at the time. Just wanted to put this out there, maybe others can benefit.
See pics attached.

Does no digital clock sit ok with you? Have you found a different solution? Do you just read off the analog clock? Do you arrive late to your functions? Let me know.

Last edited by Vgota350; 10-12-19 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-12-19 | 01:19 PM
ABGLexus
Driver

On my 2019 my gauge cluster has a digital clock on the bottom left corner. Not sure which year they implemented that, but my friends 2014 only has analog clock. I personally can read analog clocks no problem so it doesn't bother me.
The following users liked this post:
Endopax (10-16-19)
Old 10-12-19 | 01:51 PM
BrettKA7
Pole Position

That clock is hideous tbh. Looks as aftermarket as possible.
The following 5 users liked this post by BrettKA7:
ALLBLCK604 (10-13-19), Endopax (10-16-19), Jbreezie (10-13-19), Rh209216 (10-14-19), robroyalty (10-16-19)
Old 10-12-19 | 03:17 PM
itsx
Intermediate

My radar detector's primary purpose is a digital clock at this point lol, sits just to the left of my rearview mirror
The following users liked this post:
Endopax (10-16-19)
Old 10-12-19 | 04:22 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by ABGLexus
On my 2019 my gauge cluster has a digital clock on the bottom left corner. Not sure which year they implemented that, but my friends 2014 only has analog clock. I personally can read analog clocks no problem so it doesn't bother me.
I have not done much research on the latest 2019 model. I have a 2015. I would love a small digital clock especially in the cluster.
Old 10-12-19 | 04:23 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by BrettKA7
That clock is hideous tbh. Looks as aftermarket as possible.

Which clock looks hideous to you? the analog or my digital compensation for a time teller?
Old 10-12-19 | 04:24 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by itsx
My radar detector's primary purpose is a digital clock at this point lol, sits just to the left of my rearview mirror
That's cool man. What ever works to see that time at a glance. 👍🏼
Old 10-12-19 | 04:29 PM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by itsx
That's cool man. What ever works to see that time at a glance. 👍🏼
Old 10-12-19 | 05:23 PM
ISTreeFidi
Driver School Candidate

It's funny because they could implemented a digital clock in so many places...The driver assist screen, the GPS screen, home info display. If you have navigation, GPS even ask you if you want to change the time to the new time zone! The computer is definitely keeping that time somewhere. But nope you can't see it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ISTreeFidi:
Chicago350 (10-12-19), wycy (10-13-19)
Old 10-12-19 | 06:53 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Must be new with 2019, I don't see it on my 2018...maybe an ECU update would resolve that or I did not set a setting?

Update: The manual talks about it but I am not seeing it on my cluster nor its setting in the settings menu.

Last edited by athanato; 10-12-19 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-12-19 | 07:17 PM
ABGLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by athanato
Must be new with 2019, I don't see it on my 2018...maybe an ECU update would resolve that or I did not set a setting?

Update: The manual talks about it but I am not seeing it on my cluster nor its setting in the settings menu.

I haven't dug in settings but the digital clock has always been there.
Old 10-12-19 | 09:56 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by Vgota350
Which clock looks hideous to you? the analog or my digital compensation for a time teller?
I'm sure He meant your analog clock you added.

Been several people actually who said they loved everything about the car except for one thing....of all things....the analog clock. My buddy with who drives an IS250 jokes about it too.

I just got used to it, maybe takes another 1.5 seconds to read the time opposed to a digit clock. I grew up wearing analog watches so maybe Im more easily adjusted than others.

Your the fist I've seen who proposed a solution, but I'm sure there are others with ideas too.
Personally, I can't imagine fitting an aftermarket clock anywhere would actually look good imo, unless it was almost out of sight.
Old 10-13-19 | 03:04 AM
athanato
Intermediate

I haven't dug in settings but the digital clock has always been there.
Yea, oddly it's not there nor is the Clock option listed in the settings tab even though it is in the manual.
Maybe I need an ECU update.
Just out of curiosity do you have your clock on GPS time or manually set?, I have it set to GPS.
Only other diff is that I have measurements in metric, maybe it's a bug.
Old 10-13-19 | 06:06 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISTreeFidi
It's funny because they could implemented a digital clock in so many places...The driver assist screen, the GPS screen, home info display. If you have navigation, GPS even ask you if you want to change the time to the new time zone! The computer is definitely keeping that time somewhere. But nope you can't see it.
Oh yea very funny it is... I notice this aswell. When setting a destination in the gps, there is a small displayt that show your eta.
Old 10-13-19 | 06:09 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by HOMER350
I'm sure He meant your analog clock you added.

Been several people actually who said they loved everything about the car except for one thing....of all things....the analog clock. My buddy with who drives an IS250 jokes about it too.

I just got used to it, maybe takes another 1.5 seconds to read the time opposed to a digit clock. I grew up wearing analog watches so maybe Im more easily adjusted than others.

Your the fist I've seen who proposed a solution, but I'm sure there are others with ideas too.
Personally, I can't imagine fitting an aftermarket clock anywhere would actually look good imo, unless it was almost out of sight.
Got you. When I got the idea to get a small digital display I intended on finding the smallest one out there so it's not so obvious. I found that bell makes one for motorcycles also. Saw this one in my local big box store and gave it a try.

Quick Reply: No digital clock (solution)