IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

ARK or INVIDIA

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-19, 06:46 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARK or INVIDIA

3is350 awd non Fsport stock exhaust. Cannot decide on ark grip cat back exhaust or invidia q300 with invidia mid pipe. I have not heard either in person only audio clips online. It sounds like the ark is more quiet than the invidia. I've never had a performance exhaust on a vehicle. I daily my 3is and don't want a tinny ricer sound. I want a deep aggressive growl with little to no drone in cabin. The ark cost more and I'm leaning for toward the ark because of the saying, " you get what you paid for". Let me know what you peeps think. All comments are welcome.

Last edited by Vgota350; 11-18-19 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-18-19, 08:05 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

IMO Ark > Invidia
Old 11-18-19, 09:35 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Ark sounds better in my opinion as well.

Contact us for black friday pricing on them!

Send me a text at 213 394 2886!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-19-19, 09:13 PM
Alonzo3000
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it all depends on how loud you're trying to go. From audio clips Ive seen on youtube, both give a nice deep sound, but ARK is louder than Invidia. Not by much, but enough to tell a difference.
I recently installed the Inividia exhaust on my is250 because I wanted the deeper sound, but nothing loud enough to gain any unwanted attention. Last thing I wanted was to get a ticket and have to remove the exhaust. Youtube clips seem to show ARK with a louder idle than Invidia. And after having the Invidia installed for a little over a week, I've noticed that I only really notice the sound from it when accelerating
Old 11-20-19, 03:33 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Alonzo3000
I think it all depends on how loud you're trying to go. From audio clips Ive seen on youtube, both give a nice deep sound, but ARK is louder than Invidia. Not by much, but enough to tell a difference.
I recently installed the Inividia exhaust on my is250 because I wanted the deeper sound, but nothing loud enough to gain any unwanted attention. Last thing I wanted was to get a ticket and have to remove the exhaust. Youtube clips seem to show ARK with a louder idle than Invidia. And after having the Invidia installed for a little over a week, I've noticed that I only really notice the sound from it when accelerating
Good insight on the invidia on a is250. I read somewhere that the sound changes from when it's installed to after a a while that it takes to settle. It say that the exhaust will get louder over that time. Any input on that?
Old 11-20-19, 10:40 PM
Alonzo3000
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vgota350
Good insight on the invidia on a is250. I read somewhere that the sound changes from when it's installed to after a a while that it takes to settle. It say that the exhaust will get louder over that time. Any input on that?
I've only had the exhaust on for a little over a week. Plus my daily commute to work is 10-15mins each way, so it will probably take me a while to put enough miles on it to see if it does get louder.
I'm doing a road trip back home to LA soon, so that 300 mile ride should be more than enough time to tell if it gets louder as it settles. I'll make sure to let y'all know.
As of now, I can say that having something other than the stock exhaust sound come from the car, definitely makes it more fun to drive - especially in F-Sport + manual.
Old 11-21-19, 10:16 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Ark will be louder. My first exhaust set up was the full invidia catback and it was way too quiet for me personally.
Old 11-22-19, 03:33 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Alonzo3000
I've only had the exhaust on for a little over a week. Plus my daily commute to work is 10-15mins each way, so it will probably take me a while to put enough miles on it to see if it does get louder.
I'm doing a road trip back home to LA soon, so that 300 mile ride should be more than enough time to tell if it gets louder as it settles. I'll make sure to let y'all know.
As of now, I can say that having something other than the stock exhaust sound come from the car, definitely makes it more fun to drive - especially in F-Sport + manual.
Nice. Looking forward to the update.
Old 11-22-19, 03:51 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by jameshan
Ark will be louder. My first exhaust set up was the full invidia catback and it was way too quiet for me personally.
Full invidia exhaust on which car? Did you have any drone. What do you think about a muffler and resonator delete? I am not going this route because of drone. Any thoughts?
Old 11-24-19, 02:57 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Vgota350
Full invidia exhaust on which car? Did you have any drone. What do you think about a muffler and resonator delete? I am not going this route because of drone. Any thoughts?
muffler delete - significantly louder, very low droning
muffler delete + resonator delete - VERY loud, medium drone

I think muffler delete / resonator delete sounds the same if not louder and better than exhausts mentioned above.. droning to me doesn't matter, put music volume on 20-25 and you don't really realize it anymore
Old 11-26-19, 08:57 AM
Vgota350
Rookie

Originally Posted by swaangin
muffler delete - significantly louder, very low droning
muffler delete + resonator delete - VERY loud, medium drone

I think muffler delete / resonator delete sounds the same if not louder and better than exhausts mentioned above.. droning to me doesn't matter, put music volume on 20-25 and you don't really realize it anymore
Thanks for the insight.
Make the muffler and resonator delete look like a good option. I however am going to take the exhaust route. Cost alot more but there has to be pros to a full exhaust rather than taking a saw to it.
Old 11-30-19, 08:40 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Old video of mines but I love my Invidia!

Old 12-02-19, 09:04 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 281 Likes on 209 Posts

The lady has the Invidia catback on hers.

Word of caution, the exhaust itself actually fell off of the rubber hangar bushings while she was driving and subsequently caused her whole rear end of the exhaust to drag on the ground while she was driving. We had to weld "stoppers" on the ends of the hangars to prevent this from happening. Not sure if anyone else that has this exhaust experienced this issue - though doubtful since I have never seen a post like that come up. I'll end up switching the tips out on hers since the edges got messed up.

My two cents, her exhaust sounds nice, it's not too loud but if you want a little more "umph", I recommend going with the midpipe that you can get from Invidia as well, sounds amazing with it.
Old 12-02-19, 10:21 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tofuprod
The lady has the Invidia catback on hers.

Word of caution, the exhaust itself actually fell off of the rubber hangar bushings while she was driving and subsequently caused her whole rear end of the exhaust to drag on the ground while she was driving. We had to weld "stoppers" on the ends of the hangars to prevent this from happening. Not sure if anyone else that has this exhaust experienced this issue - though doubtful since I have never seen a post like that come up. I'll end up switching the tips out on hers since the edges got messed up.

My two cents, her exhaust sounds nice, it's not too loud but if you want a little more "umph", I recommend going with the midpipe that you can get from Invidia as well, sounds amazing with it.
Never heard of that issue on anybody’s. But I do recall when my boy installed mines he put some clamps on the hangers as a precaution.

I put some quad tips on mines. Compliments the diffuser nicely.

Side view

Old 12-02-19, 11:29 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

The axleback portion of the ark is certainly louder than the invidia. Im not sure how different the midpipes are but when I had the invidia catback there was nearly no sound in the cabin to where it was way too quiet for me.

Quick Reply: ARK or INVIDIA