IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any advantage of aftermarket LCA bushings over the stock GSF /RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-19, 03:37 PM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
A factory rubber bushing will not ever squeak because the rubber only twists .. if there is squeaking then the bolt is look.

Factory bushings do not get lubricated.

The RRRacing LCA Bushing requires lubricant on the outside of the inner metal cylinder. You do not lubricate the bolt.
I honestly don't care which part needs to be re-lubricated. I'm not hearing any squeak on my car so I'm leaving it that way.

If you have some proofs that it's really the RR Racing LCA Bushing is the source of the squeak, please kindly post it here.

Last edited by s3v3n; 12-18-19 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-18-19, 04:30 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,416 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Main reason why I went with USRS. I was originally going for the USRS, but JUST by reading a lot of comments here about the NVH experience so I went with RCF/GSF first. Honestly, no difference on handling compare to the OEM - only thing that I think it fixed was the inner tire wear.

Noticed a big positive difference overall with USRS bushings.
Hi... those who want to know what the difference is between our USRS bushings and stock RCF, need to understand that most of our customers are RCF/GSF/ISF owners.

There are 2 main functional advantages of our USRS bushings vs RCF OEM.

(1) Much stiffer laterally. You can see the difference in this video:

(2) The USRS also eliminates axial movement of the lower control arm, as illustrated in this pic:

So having said all that, if steering ultimate precision, feel, and performance are really important to you, then I think our USRS bushings are a clear choice. If all you care about is inner tire wear reduction, the RCF bushing may fit your needs.

Rafi

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
TOPENDMS (12-21-19)
Old 12-19-19, 08:26 AM
oo10inz
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Main reason why I went with USRS. I was originally going for the USRS, but JUST by reading a lot of comments here about the NVH experience so I went with RCF/GSF first. Honestly, no difference on handling compare to the OEM - only thing that I think it fixed was the inner tire wear.

Noticed a big positive difference overall with USRS bushings.
Im really hoping that maybe something is just a bit out of alignment or so, as the RCF/GSF were perfect a price/performance ratio for me. i guess i could always put the old ones back on. the weird thing is when i bought the car in october of this year the new tires it had had been on it for a year at that point and aren' tshowing any inner tire wear so im not quite sure what to think about that. im almost positive the previous owner didnt upgrade this part.
Old 12-19-19, 08:49 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Originally Posted by oo10inz
Im really hoping that maybe something is just a bit out of alignment or so, as the RCF/GSF were perfect a price/performance ratio for me. i guess i could always put the old ones back on. the weird thing is when i bought the car in october of this year the new tires it had had been on it for a year at that point and aren' tshowing any inner tire wear so im not quite sure what to think about that. im almost positive the previous owner didnt upgrade this part.
If it's not showing any inner tire wear and you are happy with its performance right now, I would not touch it.

Also won't be recommending an upgrade that's outside your budget.

In the end of the day, it's all comes down to what you really want to do with your car. I switched to USRS and solved all the things that I didn't like (won't call them an issue).

All I can say is for me, every inch of USRS bushing worth the price.
Old 12-19-19, 09:20 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 613 Likes on 406 Posts

It's all really a question of what your goal is, as Rafi said. If steering response and precision are your number one priority, the USRS is probably the best option that exists. As far as those aspects go, anything else currently on the market is a compromise. There's no right answer for everyone.

If I had a track car, I would have made a different choice.

Jeff
Old 12-22-19, 08:34 AM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi... those who want to know what the difference is between our USRS bushings and stock RCF, need to understand that most of our customers are RCF/GSF/ISF owners.

There are 2 main functional advantages of our USRS bushings vs RCF OEM.

(1) Much stiffer laterally. You can see the difference in this video:

https://youtu.be/C6I9tiI0o2U

(2) The USRS also eliminates axial movement of the lower control arm, as illustrated in this pic:

So having said all that, if steering ultimate precision, feel, and performance are really important to you, then I think our USRS bushings are a clear choice. If all you care about is inner tire wear reduction, the RCF bushing may fit your needs.

Rafi
Ive had the RCF bushings on for 25,000km.
I definitely disagree with your statement that “all they do is reduce tire wear”

The overall steering feel is greatly improved. Much stiffer, steering wheel stays centered, car no longer wanders under hard braking, acceleration or bends and crowns in the road. HUGE improvement vs stock.
The bushings you promote and sell may do that even more so, but the RCF bushings certainly do more than just reduce tire wear.
And they are inexpensive and OEM parts.

I was considering USRS bushings until I realized you guys were asking 3x more $ than RCF bushings.

Last edited by NickCaesar; 12-22-19 at 08:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (12-22-19)
Old 12-22-19, 01:22 PM
s3v3n
Instructor

Originally Posted by NickCaesar
Ive had the RCF bushings on for 25,000km.
I definitely disagree with your statement that “all they do is reduce tire wear”

The overall steering feel is greatly improved. Much stiffer, steering wheel stays centered, car no longer wanders under hard braking, acceleration or bends and crowns in the road. HUGE improvement vs stock.
The bushings you promote and sell may do that even more so, but the RCF bushings certainly do more than just reduce tire wear.
And they are inexpensive and OEM parts.

I was considering USRS bushings until I realized you guys were asking 3x more $ than RCF bushings.
That's great to hear that the RCF bushing did what you are expecting. However, it wasn't the case for me and for some people (who cares right? lol). I originally went with RCF bushing first, then eventually bought the USRS after 3000 miles. I don't like that sudden braking feel with the RCF (same with OEM) - this is not always the case for I don't usually do sudden braking, but thinking something out there could potentially eliminate all of these issues, I wouldn't mind an additional $.

Then again, when they installed the USRS, I specifically asked for the RCF bushings back. Always good to have a backup!

Almost 3 weeks now and I don't think I will need the RCF bushings anymore.

Old 12-23-19, 10:20 AM
1stwrldprb
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I recently upgraded to GSF bushings, and noticed nothing. I changed them because I've started having inner tire wear issues, and I figured maybe the originals are worn out after 100k miles. I swapped them out myself (simple job) and then had the dealership do an alignment. If it stops the tire wear, I'll be happy. I got the version with 0 toe, as I believe there are 2 or 3 options when buying OEM GSF/RCF bushings.