IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remote start on IS ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-19, 12:29 PM
DrMabuse
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote start on IS ??

Some cars I've seen has remote start. Either through a smart-phone app, or radio remote.

Does Lexus have a remote start function which could be installed?
Either to pre-heat the car when it's cold outside, or have the AC cool it down if it's hot...
Old 12-02-19, 01:10 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

The only Lexus-factory option we have for the IS is to use the Enform Remote. (It was discussed recently on this thread.) Once you have it, you would just download the Lexus app to start using it.
Old 12-02-19, 02:30 PM
MadmanJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
The only Lexus-factory option we have for the IS is to use the Enform Remote. (It was discussed recently on this thread.) Once you have it, you would just download the Lexus app to start using it.
If you live in Canada like I do you cannot use the Enform app on Lexus older than 2019 I believe. However, Lexus does sell a remote car starter which my dealer installed when I purchased the car. It comes with a long range key fab and it does integrate with the climate control system etc.

Old 12-03-19, 08:19 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by MadmanJay
If you live in Canada like I do you cannot use the Enform app on Lexus older than 2019 I believe. However, Lexus does sell a remote car starter which my dealer installed when I purchased the car. It comes with a long range key fab and it does integrate with the climate control system etc.
Good point. OP lives in Sweden. I have no idea what their options are to be honest.
Old 12-03-19, 01:34 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by MadmanJay
When I looked into this, awhile ago, it apparently only worked on cars without the Nav system. Don’t know if that’s still true.
Old 12-04-19, 04:38 PM
CDlexus250
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the “12volt solutions” remote start kit. Complete plug and play no splicing of any wires. Works great! Uses the factory key fob and functions like the OEM remote start. It’s $250 but there is no yearly subscription fee like the lexus enform requires.
The following 2 users liked this post by CDlexus250:
DrMabuse (12-05-19), kj07xk (12-04-19)
Old 12-05-19, 03:34 AM
DrMabuse
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDlexus250
I installed the “12volt solutions” remote start kit. Complete plug and play no splicing of any wires. Works great! Uses the factory key fob and functions like the OEM remote start. It’s $250 but there is no yearly subscription fee like the lexus enform requires.
Nice! What model and year do you have?
I'm looking to buy a 3rd Gen hybrid (300h), F-sport or Executive.
Old 12-05-19, 07:24 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

Got the 12voltsolutions on all my cars and so far I'm liking it. But i'm still thinking of getting back the Lexus subscription on my IS300 for I like the real remote start function. Only thing holding me up is I don't want the fact that Lexus can see all the information about the car, I.E. location, status, the way I drive (# of hard brakes, hard turns), remaining gas in the tank and all other telemetry BS about the car.

Old 12-05-19, 08:46 AM
CDlexus250
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrMabuse
Nice! What model and year do you have?
I'm looking to buy a 3rd Gen hybrid (300h), F-sport or Executive.
I have a 2015 is250 but I believe it covers more years. Check the website out for all the available models 👍
Old 02-12-20, 05:14 PM
Obie404
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2014 IS350 F sport. My online 2014 remote start guide from Lexus website says to press lock button 2 times and then hold 3rd time and wait for engine to start. THat stuff is not working on my car. Do i have to have Enform for that? Does not make sense..

"The REMOTE ENGINE STARTER allows you to start your engine from outside the vehicle. It utilizes your vehicle’s keyless entry remote, so there is no need to carry around an extra remote. The REMOTE ENGINE STARTER is operated the same way for vehicles equipped with or without the Smart Entry / Push Start system; simply push the remote’s LOCK button in a quick, two step sequence. In addition, the REMOTE ENGINE STARTER can activate the heater or air conditioner according to your preset temperature controls, providing you with a comfortable cabin upon entry. As an added convenience, the REMOTE ENGINE STARTER can also activate the defroster (when preset) to clear up the windshield during cold weather"
Old 02-12-20, 05:25 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Obie404
I have a 2014 IS350 F sport. My online 2014 remote start guide from Lexus website says to press lock button 2 times and then hold 3rd time and wait for engine to start. THat stuff is not working on my car. Do i have to have Enform for that? Does not make sense..

"The REMOTE ENGINE STARTER allows you to start your engine from outside the vehicle. It utilizes your vehicle’s keyless entry remote, so there is no need to carry around an extra remote. The REMOTE ENGINE STARTER is operated the same way for vehicles equipped with or without the Smart Entry / Push Start system; simply push the remote’s LOCK button in a quick, two step sequence. In addition, the REMOTE ENGINE STARTER can activate the heater or air conditioner according to your preset temperature controls, providing you with a comfortable cabin upon entry. As an added convenience, the REMOTE ENGINE STARTER can also activate the defroster (when preset) to clear up the windshield during cold weather"
Yes you need the Enform app to remote start the vehicle.
Old 02-12-20, 08:46 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Obie404

I just went through this on my 2014.
The Enform Remote App is only available for 2015+ 3IS. You will not be able to do the remote start, unless you install. In which case, aftermarket I would guess is your best option.

The following 2 users liked this post by HOMER350:
kj07xk (02-13-20), Obie404 (02-13-20)
Old 02-13-20, 04:44 AM
Obie404
Driver School Candidate

Ah man that sucks! thanks for that info. Yeah I wont be going aftermarket. I guess gotta live with it now.
Old 02-13-20, 04:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Only thing holding me up is I don't want the fact that Lexus can see all the information about the car, I.E. location, status, the way I drive (# of hard brakes, hard turns), remaining gas in the tank and all other telemetry BS about the car.
If I knew that Lexus would get the smell every time I would fart in my seat, I would gladly pay a monthly subscription just for that feature alone....Take THAT headquarter!!
Old 02-13-20, 05:04 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
If I knew that Lexus would get the smell every time I would fart in my seat, I would gladly pay a monthly subscription just for that feature alone....Take THAT headquarter!!
Lexus is keeping all your farts and charge you on your next scheduled maintenance
The following 2 users liked this post by s3v3n:
whoismiked (02-13-20), wthrman2 (02-13-20)

Quick Reply: Remote start on IS ??