IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-19, 03:57 PM
kukalaki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fog lights

i like to know if there is videos or someone can tell me how hard its to install fog lights in a is200t f sport
Old 12-30-19, 04:41 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

To answer you question it really depends on what kit you're installing and what your skill level is.
For sure the front bumper has to be removed completely, and depending if your car is prewired for fogs or not, that might dictate how you make the final installation.
I would say it's a moderate difficulty depending on what your specific install looks like in the end.
Old 12-30-19, 05:00 PM
kukalaki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Welcome to the forum!

To answer you question it really depends on what kit you're installing and what your skill level is.
For sure the front bumper has to be removed completely, and depending if your car is prewired for fogs or not, that might dictate how you make the final installation.
I would say it's a moderate difficulty depending on what your specific install looks like in the end.
thanks a lot and i will post a picture tomorrow of the kit i got and im pretty the car its no prewired but it comes with the accessories thanks for your help
Old 12-30-19, 05:32 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Any aftermarket fog light kit is quite easy to wire up, the hardest thing would be going through the firewall(it's one tough SOB to get through). There are some install guides on CL or other forums detailing the end connection install. You will also need to semi-drop the panel under the steering wheel to be able to tap into 2 wires for the control. Power should be directly from the battery using it's own separate relay that most aftermarket kits comes with.
The following users liked this post:
kukalaki (12-30-19)
Old 12-31-19, 08:14 AM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

Hopefully your car is pre-wired for fogs. I was lucky enough that my car came pre-wired. Follow this thread on how to check for this.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ipers-diy.html
You don't need to remove the front bumper, I did it with it still on the car. I did find a new turn signal and wiper stalks on ebay. This is the seller I got mine from. https://www.ebay.com/str/gslimportsautodismantling
It might seem a little daunting removing your steering wheel, but it's not too difficult, just go slowly.
Old 01-01-20, 02:56 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by evltwn
Hopefully your car is pre-wired for fogs. I was lucky enough that my car came pre-wired. Follow this thread on how to check for this.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ipers-diy.html
You don't need to remove the front bumper, I did it with it still on the car. I did find a new turn signal and wiper stalks on ebay. This is the seller I got mine from. https://www.ebay.com/str/gslimportsautodismantling
It might seem a little daunting removing your steering wheel, but it's not too difficult, just go slowly.
It may depend on the kit that is being installed. I used the Winjet kit and my vehicle was prewired for fog, so I only used the actual lamps from the kit and installed an OEM stalk with the fog light switch in it.
For the fogs, there wasn't a way to install them without removing the bumper...there is a duct-like piece that needs to be removed from behind the bumper and to access all the fasteners it couldn't be done with the bumper on.
Like I said, depending on the kit maybe it can be installed with the bumper on.
Old 01-01-20, 05:29 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
It may depend on the kit that is being installed. I used the Winjet kit and my vehicle was prewired for fog, so I only used the actual lamps from the kit and installed an OEM stalk with the fog light switch in it.
For the fogs, there wasn't a way to install them without removing the bumper...there is a duct-like piece that needs to be removed from behind the bumper and to access all the fasteners it couldn't be done with the bumper on.
Like I said, depending on the kit maybe it can be installed with the bumper on.
The fake ducts in the front bumper can be removed without taking off the front bumper. It can be done, I did it. It's a pain in the *** to do it, but it can be done.
Old 01-01-20, 07:09 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by evltwn
The fake ducts in the front bumper can be removed without taking off the front bumper. It can be done, I did it. It's a pain in the *** to do it, but it can be done.
Cool if you were able to get them out without removing the bumper.