IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Merged 2021 IS re-design / refresh threads

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-20, 03:29 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
You ever been to other forums? They are all the same. When a NEW car comes out, then people have a wish list of crap they wanted on the car vs. whats offered.
Ya I have been to many other car forums, including Miata & BMW. Have you read about many BRAND NEW G20 breakdowns, clutch & pedal issues, non-starts, etc, etc? Some G20 owners suggest driving into a brick wall for fun. Notwithstanding only Club Lexus, have you been to any other 1st Gen Lexus forums? 2001 IS/GS owners are proud, completely satisfied with their cars, and don't have a "wish list of crap" for the “2nd generation”. LOL Are they also, as pathetically regurgitated, deemed “extreme fan boys”? According to here I guess so?

This is a 3rd Gen forum, they emphatically & repeatedly post "I love my IS" while at the same time b|tch & whine about how much they hate completely moot & irrelevant shortcomings wrt the IS, of which they DO NOT EVEN OWN an IS350 FSport RWD (as you state), think those subjective little #s in their heads make them experts, and then make comparisons to other sh|tty cars AGAIN of which they don't own, don't have a fraction of Lexus longevity, but enormous total cost of break & fix ownership. Hypocrites much? Some bring up BMW 3-series all of which suck compared to IS350 FSport, and even Acura TL!? lol

Originally Posted by LaZeR
None of you can even answer WHY you “have a wish list”, or “requesting a new engine”, or “more power”, or “compete with Germans”, or want “this”, or “that. It’s complete BS. Even if similar is released it's also BS that you're gonna immediately run to a Lexus dealer and buy one. Do ya even read your own posts? You constantly come up with XXX reasons for hating IS, recommend other sub-standard, UN-reliable, break & fix cars which are crappy in comparison, someone challenges, and then the response is “ohhh btw but I love my IS”. BLEGH. And then a pathetic excuse is that the majority of us are just "fan boys". So what does it make you by repeating on numerous posts "I love my IS"?? Good Luck fishing for a fan base to join your distaste for Lexus. Any other reasons for being on this forum? Analogous to pelosi - in one breath she says “i pray for trump”, and then immediately after “i want to see him in jail” - ya well make up ur mind u psychotic b|otch.
And NOW... they're gonna use YOUR excuse for their reasoning emphasized above, which again is what? Oh ya, so the IS doesn't get cancelled, it can be recommended to friends, and y'all can immediately sell your cars, run to a Lexus dealer, and buy an All New Re-vamped IS.

Originally Posted by EZZ
There is nothing wrong about being vocal about what you see as deficiencies in the car because EVERY CAR FORUM does this.
Ya, especially Audi, BMW, Benz deficiencies. Point Proved - Touche.

Last edited by LaZeR; 07-12-20 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-12-20, 07:42 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

So I guess the IS has 0 deficiencies right? Perfect car in the world so don’t say anything bad about it? I can’t love my IS AND point out the things I dislike? Lexus can do no wrong haha.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flash5:
BrettKA7 (07-23-20), Ismelllike (07-12-20)
Old 07-12-20, 08:38 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Ya I have been to many other car forums, including Miata & BMW. Have you read about many BRAND NEW G20 breakdowns, clutch & pedal issues, non-starts, etc, etc? Some G20 owners suggest driving into a brick wall for fun.
Clutch & pedal issue? Am I crazy or G20 is not available in manual at all not even in Europe. I visit Bimmerpost regularly because I almost pulled the trigger on G20 never heard of any issues with the car except there were some connected drive issue.

Last edited by dojoman; 07-12-20 at 08:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
BrettKA7 (07-23-20), Ismelllike (07-12-20)
Old 07-12-20, 10:42 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
So I guess the IS has 0 deficiencies right? Perfect car in the world so don’t say anything bad about it? I can’t love my IS AND point out the things I dislike? Lexus can do no wrong haha.
Ya ok there "fan boy" who "loves his IS". Considering the fact that you don't have an IS350 FSport you don't even have a clue about the (non) "deficiencies" you constantly & incessantly b|itch & whine about. The upgrade to your IS300 is the IS350, but oh noooo, now you need a turbo v8 IS500 - release it at once!! lol Soon thereafter, whiners can start making demands for an IS750 with a v12 HEMI

Last edited by LaZeR; 07-12-20 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-12-20, 11:10 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Ya ok there "fan boy" who "loves his IS". Considering the fact that you don't have an IS350 FSport you don't even have a clue about the (non) "deficiencies" you constantly & incessantly b|itch & whine about. lol
You've made this thread completely unreadable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ismelllike:
BrettKA7 (07-23-20), Flash5 (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20, 04:13 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Ya ok there "fan boy" who "loves his IS". Considering the fact that you don't have an IS350 FSport you don't even have a clue about the (non) "deficiencies" you constantly & incessantly b|itch & whine about. The upgrade to your IS300 is the IS350, but oh noooo, now you need a turbo v8 IS500 - release it at once!! lol Soon thereafter, whiners can start making demands for an IS750 with a v12 HEMI
I'm sure you have a grand ol time getting outran and gapped by all the other cars in this segment haha.
The following users liked this post:
BrettKA7 (07-23-20)
Old 07-13-20, 07:58 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Let's not pollute the thread with flame wars and keep it civil, while keeping the topics focused around the new IS. There is no need to call anyone a "fan boy" here.
Old 07-13-20, 02:02 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

@LaZeR and @Flash5 , please exit the thread. I am also going to clean up any recent posts of yours that are off-topic.
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20, 02:08 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

The mods came on here & commented FIRST - no one "called" on them EXCEPT for that other user you disparaged. And who started the "fan boys" campaign? You sound like trump. Learn from his lies & mistakes. Try and be civil, diplomatic, and above all, literate.
I would agree with the mods commenting first...they do troll the threads looking for whatever that needs correcting or moderating.
And as easy as it is to point the finger at @Flash5 for his comments (which I didn't read to be honest), if it's in relation to that one particular member, then they were probably 100% correct...whether he was right or wrong for posting it.
It's obvious that one member likes to make inflammatory comments to draw attention from the forum...you will note he won't comment in regards to anything directly pointed at him in response...which just reinforces the fact that it's just 'hit and run' posts.
I try to ignore his posts until the threshold of stupid drops below what I can tolerate, then I gotta say something.
You may or may not know that you can choose to hide any comments posted by any member in your settings, that way you'll never see the comment to begin with, thus avoiding the temptation to respond.

And yes the mods have spoken to him about his posts, but i think he now mostly keeps them just under the radar...don't hate the playa, hate the game...as it were.
I guess every forum has to have a villain to keep things interesting.

As arentz07 suggested, let's keep the thread back on track with the topic at hand...and when are they gonna release my IS500!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
arentz07 (07-13-20), Flash5 (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20, 02:11 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

I personally can't wait. I am also glad the myth of there being insufficient room in the engine bay is getting debunked - heck our member @beezmarkee showed that with that "IS 500" a while back!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-500-a.html
Old 07-13-20, 03:14 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I personally can't wait. I am also glad the myth of there being insufficient room in the engine bay is getting debunked - heck our member @beezmarkee showed that with that "IS 500" a while back!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-500-a.html
I would prefer the V6TT if they can keep costs down. I'm afraid the V8 would drive the prices to $70k which is way too much for an IS500.
Old 07-13-20, 03:29 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I would prefer the V6TT if they can keep costs down. I'm afraid the V8 would drive the prices to $70k which is way too much for an IS500.

70k American? Not a chance. Here in Canada, it would be close to that range though...

What is the sticker price of an IS350 in the US? Its 52k in Canada, here I'm guessing 65-70k for the V8 would almost be a given.
Old 07-13-20, 03:31 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by JBison73
70k American? Not a chance. Here in Canada, it would be close to that range though...
Well, the RCF is $70k and it has that exact same V8. The V8 is better than the V6TT if it were the same price. If it adds a significant amount, then it prices itself out of class.
Old 07-13-20, 03:33 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Well, the RCF is $70k and it has that exact same V8. The V8 is better than the V6TT if it were the same price. If it adds a significant amount, then it prices itself out of class.

RCF here is 85k, which is crazy. I'd love to get an RCF but I'd get a used one for sure.
Old 07-13-20, 05:23 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

For me, I would rather see the V-8 than the V-6 with turbo, I am a sucker for naturally aspirated engine but I know I am a dying breed (lol)

Quick Reply: Merged 2021 IS re-design / refresh threads