IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Merged 2021 IS re-design / refresh threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-20, 08:37 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by JBison73
The price of the IS didn't really go up, so I didn't really expect memory seats or folding mirrors tbh. The memory seats don't interest me one bit since nobody else drives my car. Would be nice to have the power folding mirrors though, but again thats a luxury but not a deal breaker for me. Overall, I think the exterior is greatly improved, the handling is improved, the interior imo is marginally improved.....I like the infotainment, the new upgraded gauge cluster, slightly improved cupholder position and I like the diamond pattern door panels and round vents.

I'm also not getting one. Down the road, its a possibility, especially if they add a more powerful option.
I think the price on the high end went up by at least $5k. I can't remember any build where i hit the $57k that the new one hits. Getting kinda pricey for a refresh.
Old 10-09-20, 09:50 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

The old '20 IS configurator is still on Autobytel:

https://www.autobytel.com/lexus/is-3.../configurator/

Barring the accessories, I can barely get it over $53K, and it comes with more available options like memory seats.

I'm not sure what justifies Lexus charging an extra $4K from the current model- that's the kind of price bump I would expect for a complete redesign, not a mere skin graft with some mild suspension and chassis tweaks.
Old 10-09-20, 10:01 AM
Noble8626
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Because Lexus included a new package that was not available on last years model - the Dynamic Handling Package which is a $4,300 option. If you don't include the DH Package in your build it's roughly the same top end price as last year's top end price for an F-Sport not including accessories.
Old 10-09-20, 10:20 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

There's nothing in the DH package that isn't available on the pre-refresh model aside from 19' wheels and some carbon fiber accents. Things like AVS and Torsen LSD were standard on the F-Sport trims pre-refresh.
Old 10-09-20, 10:39 AM
Noble8626
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm conflicted. Here is a link to the 2019 Lexus IS Press Kit stating otherwise.

https://pressroom.lexus.com/2019-lexus-is-press-kit/

"The Added Edge of F SPORT
Available on all IS models, the F SPORT package heightens the handling capabilities with unique suspension tuning, 18-inch wheels (with black lug nuts) and tires and an optional Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) on IS 350 models. A TORSEN® limited-slip rear differential is also available on rear-wheel drive IS 350 models"
Old 10-09-20, 10:46 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

From the 2020 Brochure:

https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...S-Brochure.pdf
Old 10-09-20, 02:13 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
The old '20 IS configurator is still on Autobytel:

https://www.autobytel.com/lexus/is-3.../configurator/

Barring the accessories, I can barely get it over $53K, and it comes with more available options like memory seats.

I'm not sure what justifies Lexus charging an extra $4K from the current model- that's the kind of price bump I would expect for a complete redesign, not a mere skin graft with some mild suspension and chassis tweaks.
​​​​​​ If the vents are round make them rectangles. If they're rectangles make them round.
Old 10-09-20, 02:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

They are now charging $425 for Eminent White, one of the most popular IS colors. Should bring in more dough for the brand, without actually saying they raised prices. Curious if the color gets an upcharge on all their other models.
Old 10-09-20, 02:44 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Interestingly, they are making the Grecian Water Blue available on the F-Sport, along with Ultrasonic Blue. That's two very similar medium blues for one model. Quite unheard of for any brand, but I've always said there is a lack of sporty blues in this segment. However, I predict one will be cancelled within a year or two.

My biggest complaint at the moment lends to the interior color options for the F-Sport. Taking away the elegant and rich Rioja Red leaves us with three mediocre choices. The all black is boring and dreary, the Circuit red is too flashy and obnoxious, and the white will be nearly impossible to keep clean. A beige, caramel, or flaxen, along with the Rioja, would have been welcomed choices for the F-Sport.
The following users liked this post:
Xanadu350 (10-09-20)
Old 10-09-20, 04:28 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

^^ I wouldn't mind the circuit red had they not done the lower portion of teh dash, the armrest and the bottoms half of the door including the speaker grill - If I go with the 2021 IS350 F Sport, I will go white interior, love the contrast
Old 10-09-20, 04:56 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I wouldn't mind the circuit red had they not done the lower portion of teh dash, the armrest and the bottoms half of the door including the speaker grill - If I go with the 2021 IS350 F Sport, I will go white interior, love the contrast
Agreed. Circuit red imo is better than Rioja red, but the they over did it.

I don't think I'd get red anyway, I find it doesn't age well. I've seen Rioja red after 5yrs and I didn't like the way it looked.....plus its more on the burgundy side of red.....not a fan.
Old 10-09-20, 05:10 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I think the price on the high end went up by at least $5k. I can't remember any build where i hit the $57k that the new one hits. Getting kinda pricey for a refresh.
The reason is because this person added the F Sport Handling Pkg (new for 2021) and that costs $4200.00, easy for the MSRP to go upwards with that option.
The dealer is offering 1.5% off MSRP That's only about $825. on a $55K IS 350 F Sport
They are not offering any other incentive, no Lexus loyalty discount.
I'm assuming by next year summer will see more discounts.
The dealer also said dealerships are getting very limited runs of the IS350 F Sport to start.
Old 10-09-20, 05:19 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I also agree that for this price the car should come with memory seats, power folding mirrors would be a bonus.
However I'm really surprised that you can't order the triple beam headlights with the "adaptive" feature where the lights follow the corner of the road. BMW has offered that option for over 10 yrs.

Does anyone know what the illuminated trunk sill for $450.00 is? Is that a new option, what in the trunk would be illuminated?

Last edited by Xanadu350; 10-09-20 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-10-20, 03:42 AM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Interestingly, they are making the Grecian Water Blue available on the F-Sport, along with Ultrasonic Blue. That's two very similar medium blues for one model. Quite unheard of for any brand, but I've always said there is a lack of sporty blues in this segment. However, I predict one will be cancelled within a year or two.

My biggest complaint at the moment lends to the interior color options for the F-Sport. Taking away the elegant and rich Rioja Red leaves us with three mediocre choices. The all black is boring and dreary, the Circuit red is too flashy and obnoxious, and the white will be nearly impossible to keep clean. A beige, caramel, or flaxen, along with the Rioja, would have been welcomed choices for the F-Sport.
Yes, I am interested to see the difference between the blues in person. I hope Grecian looks like Vortex Blue that the NX used to have. You can pair the caramel with Grecian, if you don’t mind staying with the 300. In the 20’s, you could get chateau interior with USB in the F-Sport, which was a very nice pairing. I agree with all of your thoughts above.
Old 10-10-20, 08:19 AM
SPRINKLES
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Apologies if this has been addressed... I haven't finished reading this thread, but have they updated/redone the informant system from the previous gen?

Quick Reply: Merged 2021 IS re-design / refresh threads