IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Car Seat Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-20, 12:39 PM
yousufmian
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Car Seat Organizer

Hey guys, wanted to get some opinions out here. Never seem to have enough room for my phone anywhere . was wondering if any one has tried these cubies for storing. Saw it on ebay, but afraid it will destroy the look of the interior. I have a white is300 w rioja red interior. but id prob consider the black organizer thing since they only have red which wont match rioja red.

Old 01-15-20, 01:46 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Have you tried putting your phone in the door pull on the driver's side door? It's kinda hard to miss on your way out of the car. Only problem is it might rattle if you have a smaller phone.

My Samsung S8 fits in my pocket comfortably even while I am sitting down, so personally I see no reason for phone storage. If I did, I'd probably chuck it into the center console, or just stick it in a cupholder - yes, it fits...
Old 01-15-20, 01:49 PM
yousufmian
Driver School Candidate

haha wont fit in the cup holder unfortunately. But I gotta give that door storage a shot. I had a microfiber cloth in there but might make room for cell phone instead and see if it doesn't rattle too much!
Old 01-15-20, 03:37 PM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I just keep my phone in my pocket or drop it in the center console. Also an S8.
Old 01-16-20, 04:27 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have seen this type of design in Pacific Mall (not sure if its the exact same). The cup holders are small and shallow, I will not trust it with my Tim Hortons coffee cup.
Having that said, I have ordered a different one that has only 2 cupholders. It is black with red leather stitching as well and should be arriving any time now. I will post and let you know how it looks. For me, I just want to have my coffee without reaching back to get it from the existing cup holder holes. It is so backward. It will cut some passenger room but should be ok.
Old 01-16-20, 05:15 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

I ordered a center console tray that is designed for our car. If my phone isn't in my pocket, it's in the tray in the center console. I have a large screen phone and it fits no problem! Love this little thing.

The following 2 users liked this post by whoismiked:
bgross88 (01-16-20), ShrinkDoc (01-31-20)
Old 01-16-20, 07:18 AM
bgross88
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
I ordered a center console tray that is designed for our car. If my phone isn't in my pocket, it's in the tray in the center console. I have a large screen phone and it fits no problem! Love this little thing.

Got a link for that...I'd be interested in purchasing one.
Old 01-16-20, 07:27 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by bgross88
Got a link for that...I'd be interested in purchasing one.
Sure!

I got mine off ebay, but there other places sell it also.
  1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Lexus-I...72.m2749.l2649
  2. Amazon Amazon
  3. Amazon Amazon

When I was looking to purchase one, I was considering three things: Cost, Speed of delivery, and wether it had the Lexus IS logo or was blank.
I wanted the Lexus IS logo on mine.
Ebay has both options, cheaper price, but shipping is slow
Amazon has both options, shipping is fast but more expensive for the one with the logo.

I decided price and logo were priority over speed, So I went the Ebay w/ Logo route for like $14, shipping took about three weeks.
If for some weird reason my tray disappeared today, I'd prolly just pay the extra to Amazon to get one in quicker now that I know how much I love and use it. Honestly the car should have came with this.

Last edited by whoismiked; 01-16-20 at 08:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bgross88 (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 07:32 AM
bgross88
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks...I found a few on Amazon, but was having trouble finding one(s) with the Lexus logo.
Old 01-16-20, 08:54 AM
yousufmian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
I have seen this type of design in Pacific Mall (not sure if its the exact same). The cup holders are small and shallow, I will not trust it with my Tim Hortons coffee cup.
Having that said, I have ordered a different one that has only 2 cupholders. It is black with red leather stitching as well and should be arriving any time now. I will post and let you know how it looks. For me, I just want to have my coffee without reaching back to get it from the existing cup holder holes. It is so backward. It will cut some passenger room but should be ok.
Thanks man, appreciate it!
Old 01-16-20, 01:22 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

I think that thing pictured in OP would in your way. Looks like you'd be sharing a seat with it in the 3IS.

I have my phone mounted from the windshield just above the far left vent. Have not seen anything else I'd prefer, it's perfect right there. It's a magnet mount. Phone rests on the dash, and against the a pillar slightly preventing it from bouncing at all too.

I have that center console insert too, nice to have.
although mine is way over due for being cleaned out...way too much crap in there.
Old 01-16-20, 03:58 PM
utskiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of these also. So worth the money. I love it. It's also a great place for my sunglasses since Lexus didn't think any of us wear sunglasses.
Old 01-16-20, 06:08 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 198 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by utskiman
I have one of these also. So worth the money. I love it. It's also a great place for my sunglasses since Lexus didn't think any of us wear sunglasses.
I have one and had one in my MB CLA. Some people got a sunglasses holder where the front cabin overhead lights are. Totally random. I put my sunglasses in the console in the tray or in a cup holder. Similar story to the IS 200 currently.
Old 01-31-20, 02:51 AM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by yousufmian
Hey guys, wanted to get some opinions out here. Never seem to have enough room for my phone anywhere .
i use a phone Mount and run WAZE...i know our Navigation system is pretty awesome but getting Real Time reports on Cops is the best

Waze has saved me from at least a few speeding tickets
Old 01-31-20, 06:09 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GR3Y5H3ART
i use a phone Mount and run WAZE...i know our Navigation system is pretty awesome but getting Real Time reports on Cops is the best

Waze has saved me from at least a few speeding tickets

Quick Reply: Car Seat Organizer