IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

TE37 Ultra on a 2016 Lexus IS F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-20, 01:04 PM
MaEsTR0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TE37 Ultra on a 2016 Lexus IS F Sport

Ok so I'm looking into getting a set of 19" TE37 Ultras and I wanna go with the widest wheel/tire setup with no rubbing front and back without having to do any fender work. I haven't lowered the car but I am possibly looking to do that as well. Any recommendations?
Old 01-17-20, 02:08 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by MaEsTR0
Ok so I'm looking into getting a set of 19" TE37 Ultras and I wanna go with the widest wheel/tire setup with no rubbing front and back without having to do any fender work. I haven't lowered the car but I am possibly looking to do that as well. Any recommendations?
Welcome to the forum!

For your new wheel setup, are you planning on going square or staggered? You can go wider on the rear if going staggered.
If you are lowering the vehicle in the future, are you looking at springs, coilovers, or air? With air you'd go a little more conservative with the offsets so you can put that bad boy right on the ground. With a static drop (springs or coilovers) you can go a little lower with the offsets to flush out the wheels.
Old 01-19-20, 02:31 PM
MaEsTR0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Welcome to the forum!

For your new wheel setup, are you planning on going square or staggered? You can go wider on the rear if going staggered.
If you are lowering the vehicle in the future, are you looking at springs, coilovers, or air? With air you'd go a little more conservative with the offsets so you can put that bad boy right on the ground. With a static drop (springs or coilovers) you can go a little lower with the offsets to flush out the wheels.
I wanna go staggered and what do u think would be better? Springs or coilovers? This is my first time attempting to mod a car so I'm not sure which is better lol
Old 01-19-20, 03:49 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I wanna go staggered and what do u think would be better? Springs or coilovers? This is my first time attempting to mod a car so I'm not sure which is better lol
Springs are pretty much a one shot deal...find the one you want depending on the drop and install. Once done, that's it.
With coilovers you can adjust the height and also the dampening...so it gives you many, many options to customize the ride height and comfort level of the dampers.
Obviously between the two there is a significant price difference. Coilovers can be three times the price of springs.
If you're going staggering, then 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 would be the most common fitments available from most manufacturers.
Old 01-19-20, 06:38 PM
MaEsTR0
Driver School Candidate

Springs are pretty much a one shot deal...find the one you want depending on the drop and install. Once done, that's it.
With coilovers you can adjust the height and also the dampening...so it gives you many, many options to customize the ride height and comfort level of the dampers.
Obviously between the two there is a significant price difference. Coilovers can be three times the price of springs.
If you're going staggering, then 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 would be the most common fitments available from most manufacturers.
What kind of springs would u recommend? And how wide do u think I could go with on a tire setup with that wheel setup? Btw I really appreciate the help!
Old 01-20-20, 04:53 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

For the springs it will depend on how much you want to drop it.
Not sure if you have RWD or AWD, so I'll mention some that may not have springs for both setups.
Popular are RSR springs...for a mild drop they have the Half Down, and for a moderate drop they have the Downs. For an aggressive drop they have the Superdowns, but that may be much for some.
Tein also offers springs in various drops i believe, and have a longstanding reputation in the spring world.
There's also Ark and Swift springs which some have used.
Eibach also has a reputation in the spring world for many, many years.
And if you have a RWD, then you can do a mild drop with the Lexus F Sport springs...these are the OEM lowering springs, not the ones that come in a IS F Sport.
For tires you can go 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear.
Depending on the offset of the rims some even go with 275/30/19 in the rear.
If the manufacturer offers it, you may find the rim in 19x10 or even 19x10.5...with those sizes you can up the tire 285/30/19...but the offset has to be perfect, and the tires too, so that everything clears.
Not to mention the bigger the tire, the bigger the $$$$
Old 01-20-20, 05:08 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,686 Likes on 1,784 Posts

^^ If only Lexus Canada would make the Lexus lowering springs available here.....but that would be way too logical eh?!?
Old 01-20-20, 08:03 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ If only Lexus Canada would make the Lexus lowering springs available here.....but that would be way too logical eh?!?
They did have them available at some dealers...I know the dealer near me had installed them on a few cars.
Hard to say if all the dealers were carrying them though...and the drop was only about an inch front and rear.
Basically if you have the part number for the set (PTR07-53140), they should be able to order it (assuming they are still available). There's also eBay.
However, Lexus only made them for RWD, so the question is how many Canucks have RWD IS's...I can't imagine many.
Old 01-20-20, 10:28 AM
MaEsTR0
Driver School Candidate

For the springs it will depend on how much you want to drop it.
Not sure if you have RWD or AWD, so I'll mention some that may not have springs for both setups.
Popular are RSR springs...for a mild drop they have the Half Down, and for a moderate drop they have the Downs. For an aggressive drop they have the Superdowns, but that may be much for some.
Tein also offers springs in various drops i believe, and have a longstanding reputation in the spring world.
There's also Ark and Swift springs which some have used.
Eibach also has a reputation in the spring world for many, many years.
And if you have a RWD, then you can do a mild drop with the Lexus F Sport springs...these are the OEM lowering springs, not the ones that come in a IS F Sport.
For tires you can go 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear.
Depending on the offset of the rims some even go with 275/30/19 in the rear.
If the manufacturer offers it, you may find the rim in 19x10 or even 19x10.5...with those sizes you can up the tire 285/30/19...but the offset has to be perfect, and the tires too, so that everything clears.
Not to mention the bigger the tire, the bigger the $$$$
What wheel size and offset spec do you think would work going with 235/35/19 in front and 275/30/19 in the rear rocking with the TE's?
Old 01-20-20, 11:07 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Probably like a 19x8.5+35, 19x9.5+45 should work..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-20-20, 02:49 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
^^ I concur with that
Old 01-21-20, 12:44 PM
MaEsTR0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Alright cool, I'll try that!
Old 01-21-20, 05:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Let us know if you need pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-22-20, 10:26 PM
Alvhemist
Driver

if you planning to go springs, i’m selling a brand new set of swift sport springs
Old 03-04-20, 02:52 AM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

TE37 Ultras
such a sick and legendary Wheel in the import community

do you have any pics if you got this done?

Quick Reply: TE37 Ultra on a 2016 Lexus IS F Sport