IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lumbar Support not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-20, 06:35 PM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Lumbar Support not working

New member to CL. I recently purchased a used 14 IS250 and its lumbar control button is stuck. Its very stiff and won't move much on either direction. And of course the lumbar support don't work as a result. Has anyone taken apart the seats on 3IS? Any help in diagnosing the issue before I make a trip to the stealership? Im pretty sure its something to do with the button itself but I don't know without taking it apart I guess.
Old 02-02-20, 07:13 PM
Bluefuziio
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be a fuse somewhere broken. I'd recommend taking a look at a fuse diagram and finding the related fused. I know in one of my past cars when the seat wasn't working it was related to a damaged fuse. So see if maybe that could help you?

Good luck!
Old 02-02-20, 08:42 PM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bluefuziio
Could be a fuse somewhere broken. I'd recommend taking a look at a fuse diagram and finding the related fused. I know in one of my past cars when the seat wasn't working it was related to a damaged fuse. So see if maybe that could help you?

Good luck!
Thanks. The other seat adjustments work only the lumbar adjustment button having this issue. But i will check the fuses to be sure.
Old 02-03-20, 12:11 AM
Raghza
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If the button is stuck and not moving, then the problem is not in the fuse, but in the button itself.
If it's not moving at all, maybe there's something that has gotten inside, like Coke or a grain of sand? If it's moving, but hardly, then there might be something broken or stuck inside the button. I would go do the dealership, because I can imagine getting inside the button is kind of a PITA.
Old 02-03-20, 01:22 AM
3ismd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try moving your seat all the way back and then move it back up to the front. i discovered this by accident when installing my tuxmats and my lumbar started to work magically lol
Old 02-03-20, 07:28 AM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 3ismd
try moving your seat all the way back and then move it back up to the front. i discovered this by accident when installing my tuxmats and my lumbar started to work magically lol
Tried that but didnt help unfortunately. Its still the same.
Old 02-03-20, 07:34 AM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Raghza
If the button is stuck and not moving, then the problem is not in the fuse, but in the button itself.
If it's not moving at all, maybe there's something that has gotten inside, like Coke or a grain of sand? If it's moving, but hardly, then there might be something broken or stuck inside the button. I would go do the dealership, because I can imagine getting inside the button is kind of a PITA.
Yeah I’ll try using an air duster and see if it helps. I also found the lumbar button on ebay. If anyone knows how to replace it please let me know. Im sensing that dealership might charge a pretty penny for this.
Old 02-03-20, 08:09 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 121 Posts

My lower back heated seat portion stopped working and they just ordered a new seat since its a PITA to change out parts inside the seat. Lucky, it was covered under warranty but I remember the dealer said it was around 1500$ for the seat.
Old 02-03-20, 08:17 AM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JNP1227
My lower back heated seat portion stopped working and they just ordered a new seat since its a PITA to change out parts inside the seat. Lucky, it was covered under warranty but I remember the dealer said it was around 1500$ for the seat.
Thats my worry as well. I dont wanna change the whole seat just for a button. But its also hard on my back that after going back and forth to work i have backaches lol
Old 02-03-20, 11:18 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

It looks like everything on the side of the seat just clips into place.
Once you have the trim off hopefully it will be easy to swap the lumbar switch at that point. You might even be able to do it with the seat in the car.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
kj07xk (02-03-20), whoismiked (02-03-20)
Old 02-03-20, 06:15 PM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
It looks like everything on the side of the seat just clips into place.
Once you have the trim off hopefully it will be easy to swap the lumbar switch at that point. You might even be able to do it with the seat in the car.

Exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot. Mind if I ask where you get this from? If you do thats cool.

Last edited by djisparky; 02-03-20 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-04-20, 04:53 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by djisparky
Exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot. Mind if I ask where you get this from? If you do thats cool.
If I told you someone would have to kill me lol
Another member posted the repair manual and wiring diagrams here for download: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-rm30g0u.html
I didn't get them from that thread, but it's the same repair manual regardless of the source.
You can download both the manual and wiring diagrams to keep on hand for future use.
The following users liked this post:
GR3Y5H3ART (02-06-20)
Old 02-04-20, 10:05 AM
djisparky
Driver School Candidate

If I told you someone would have to kill me lol
Another member posted the repair manual and wiring diagrams here for download: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-rm30g0u.html
I didn't get them from that thread, but it's the same repair manual regardless of the source.
You can download both the manual and wiring diagrams to keep on hand for future use.
Awesome!! Thanks a lot. This is very handy for sure.
The following users liked this post:
GR3Y5H3ART (02-06-20)
Old 02-06-20, 01:08 AM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

super helpful...thanks