IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Cooling fan module

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-20, 02:33 PM
fugaisi420
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cooling fan module

Decided to try out a new module sold on ebay. Aftermarket. Does anyone know if these have to be programmed or are the aftermarket ones supposed to work fine?
Old 02-06-20, 02:50 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

The OEM modules are not programmed to the vehicle. I would assume the aftermarket are no different.
I'm assuming you've dealt with German cars before where everything has to be programmed to the vehicle including the floor mats lol (just kidding about the floor mats)
Old 02-06-20, 03:58 PM
fugaisi420
Driver School Candidate

Lol yea I sell parts just parted out an Audi a4 and audi q7 so I dont trust not even my grandma with aftermarket parts. I tried to look up a wiring diagram for this but the one on the forums doesnt specify were the wires go I'm guessing those dont matter either. I'm talking about the module power plug 3 wire white, white and black and green(cam signal) the other 2 are constant and ground
Old 02-07-20, 04:10 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by fugaisi420
Lol yea I sell parts just parted out an Audi a4 and audi q7 so I dont trust not even my grandma with aftermarket parts. I tried to look up a wiring diagram for this but the one on the forums doesnt specify were the wires go I'm guessing those dont matter either. I'm talking about the module power plug 3 wire white, white and black and green(cam signal) the other 2 are constant and ground
Generally the wiring diagrams only go to the component connector...so if after the connector there is a short harness that goes to the actual component you won't see that in the diagram.
For instance an ABS sensor...if the sensor has a lead on it that goes to a remote connection to the vehicle harness the wiring diagram will only show up to that remote connection...that lead is considered part of the sensor and therefore not shown in the diagram.
Old 02-10-20, 06:19 AM
fugaisi420
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Generally the wiring diagrams only go to the component connector...so if after the connector there is a short harness that goes to the actual component you won't see that in the diagram.
For instance an ABS sensor...if the sensor has a lead on it that goes to a remote connection to the vehicle harness the wiring diagram will only show up to that remote connection...that lead is considered part of the sensor and therefore not shown in the diagram.
figured it out the aftermarket module does work ($22) compared to the oem one that is $150. My fans are staying on all the time so I still purchased the OEM one and will be changing the relay today which should solve it