IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Products

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-20, 05:10 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by richwuhh
What about products for removing bird crap, and tree sap? Just out of curiosity.
Bird poop is actually one of the reasons I got my Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray. I wanted something that I felt would help to break it down before I go at it with a cloth. Really the big danger with bird poop is that it is acidic in nature and will eat through clear coat. So the sooner you get it off the better. Just let the detailer spray do its job for a few seconds before trying to wipe it off. I've also seen where folks have used WD-40 or just plain car wash solution but not sure how well that works. Of course I have gotten it off in normal car-washing before.
Old 02-24-20, 09:29 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Bird poop is actually one of the reasons I got my Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray. I wanted something that I felt would help to break it down before I go at it with a cloth. Really the big danger with bird poop is that it is acidic in nature and will eat through clear coat. So the sooner you get it off the better. Just let the detailer spray do its job for a few seconds before trying to wipe it off. I've also seen where folks have used WD-40 or just plain car wash solution but not sure how well that works. Of course I have gotten it off in normal car-washing before.
I'm putting together my supplies now that I am washing myself finally. I need some of that!

I had bIrd crap eat the clear coat right in the middle of my hood....in less that 36 hrs. Now I get to a car asap but some spray to spot clean is much more realistic.