IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

1year later

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-20, 04:09 AM
nymantis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1year later

1yr has past owning my 1st 14 Lexus is250 fsport after coming from VW GTI. So ill start right off the bat and say i was not expecting it to be that slow lol, i don't know maybe I've gotten so use to driving turbo cars or It probably didnt help that my GTI was heavily modified. Now that i got that out of the way i love this car! Really is such a nice change to have a luxury sedan with the perfect amount of bells and whistles.
I haven't had any problems until now a minor one. I noticed the other week my left headlight light was shaking at night. The next day i went to check the light and i was like umm so how do i get this light out lol. I had to google it,so i got the light out and i noticed that the top mounting tab/braket was broken from the top of the headlight housing that actually answered a few questions i had when i noticed moisture in the head light. Is this a common problem for our cars? Unfortunately i drive a lot in NYC so the roads are extremely bumpy. I thought maybe with all that rough driving broke it. i tried glue it back but after a week of driving it broke again.
But here's my real reason for writing. My passenger headlight started to flicker and the check light warning light comes on and off. ive been driving around with only the daylight check lights for now. what could be the cause of this problem? im guessing its the ballast? could all the rough driving made the connection bad? Or could it be something else, are there any steps i can do a process of elimination? im pretty DIY handy i do most of the repairs on all my cars.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-20, 01:20 PM
NickCaesar
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by nymantis
1yr has past owning my 1st 14 Lexus is250 fsport after coming from VW GTI. So ill start right off the bat and say i was not expecting it to be that slow lol, i don't know maybe I've gotten so use to driving turbo cars or It probably didnt help that my GTI was heavily modified. Now that i got that out of the way i love this car! Really is such a nice change to have a luxury sedan with the perfect amount of bells and whistles.
I haven't had any problems until now a minor one. I noticed the other week my left headlight light was shaking at night. The next day i went to check the light and i was like umm so how do i get this light out lol. I had to google it,so i got the light out and i noticed that the top mounting tab/braket was broken from the top of the headlight housing that actually answered a few questions i had when i noticed moisture in the head light. Is this a common problem for our cars? Unfortunately i drive a lot in NYC so the roads are extremely bumpy. I thought maybe with all that rough driving broke it. i tried glue it back but after a week of driving it broke again.
But here's my real reason for writing. My passenger headlight started to flicker and the check light warning light comes on and off. ive been driving around with only the daylight check lights for now. what could be the cause of this problem? im guessing its the ballast? could all the rough driving made the connection bad? Or could it be something else, are there any steps i can do a process of elimination? im pretty DIY handy i do most of the repairs on all my cars.
Thanks in advance.
Theres a TSB (technical service bulletin) issued by Lexus for cracked headlights allowing moisture in and causing issues. There are a few threads on here about it.