IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Fuel Pump Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-20, 05:41 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

I will be interested in seeing how long it will be. The issue with me is that I am very picky about my vehicle so if I take it out and stall and be towed to a dealer, it could be out there for quite a while which means outside and such. Mine never has been outside or exposed to rain so the idea of having my car out for several weeks in the back of teh dealer is not appealing at all. I would rather be in a situation where the appointment can be made, drive in and back.

With my Acura's air bag issue, it was great that my dealer gave me a loaner but accepted to let my car at home - once the nicer weather returns, I may try and arrange the same thing with my dealer. I could take a picture of the odometer to prove the car has not moved. The other thing that annoys me going that route is I only drive my car in the summer, so if I lose a few months of driving time, then its a wasted lease

I just hope that a relatively fast solution can be found....But I am willing to give them a chance to do this right
Old 03-10-20, 03:41 PM
mvppadilla
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just checked with my local dealership and they said they can get me in a rental car and let me store my Lexus at home as long as no miles are added to the car. Sounds like a good idea but then I'd have to garage my lease for 2-3 months. Also the allowance for a rental car is $35/day which hardly covers an economy car in SoCal. Has anyone here gone through this process?
Old 03-10-20, 07:03 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by mvppadilla
I just checked with my local dealership and they said they can get me in a rental car and let me store my Lexus at home as long as no miles are added to the car. Sounds like a good idea but then I'd have to garage my lease for 2-3 months. Also the allowance for a rental car is $35/day which hardly covers an economy car in SoCal. Has anyone here gone through this process?
Did they say they were going to reimburse you for, for example, a Budget/Hertz/Enterprise rental? I would have thought they'd set you up with a Lexus loaner car.
Old 03-11-20, 04:23 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

Why wouldn't they take your car and give you a lexus loner? Why do you need to go to a third-party rental company?
Old 03-11-20, 06:53 AM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s3v3n
Why wouldn't they take your car and give you a lexus loner? Why do you need to go to a third-party rental company?
They do that because there aren’t enough Lexus loaners. This happened to me on my 07’ 250 during the takada air bag fiasco.
Old 03-11-20, 08:14 AM
Snowbird88
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had an Enterprise loaner for three weeks. Lexus told me they do not have enough loaners so they went to Enterprise. I have a BMW 330i and it is a nice car and but I prefer to be in my Lexus
Old 03-11-20, 11:34 AM
Bryan2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello All,
I am a new owner of a 2019 Lexus ES350 which I purchased used 2 weeks ago from a non-Lexus dealer. I had posted this post (my first) in another section of this forum. I was aware of a recall however, it wasn't until after my purchase that there was no repair or one even in site any time soon. I ended up calling Lexus customer service line and asked about the recall. After being told "it could be awhile" 3-6 months for a fix, they stated, "if you don't feel comfortable driving the car, we will pay for a rental, up to $45.00 per day, until the car is repaired. I said, so Lexus will provide me with a rental for as long as it takes to fix my car? Yes sir! Long story short, my almost new 2019 ES350 is now sitting comfortably in my garage until a repair is made. I am now in a Caddy XT-5, (No comparison to the Lexus). Rentals are available to anyone who's car is affected by this recall. So, if anyone feels uncomfortable driving their car and wants a rental, go to your local dealer and ask, I do hope they find a fix soon. I'd rather be driving the Lexus than have it sitting in the garage. I'm also thinking of asking Lexus instead of paying for a rental, work a deal with me and let me trade my 2019 in for a similar 2020. I mean, it's costing them almost $1,400 a month for the rental.
The following users liked this post:
mvppadilla (03-11-20)
Old 03-12-20, 03:04 PM
mvppadilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bryan2019
Hello All,
I am a new owner of a 2019 Lexus ES350 which I purchased used 2 weeks ago from a non-Lexus dealer. I had posted this post (my first) in another section of this forum. I was aware of a recall however, it wasn't until after my purchase that there was no repair or one even in site any time soon. I ended up calling Lexus customer service line and asked about the recall. After being told "it could be awhile" 3-6 months for a fix, they stated, "if you don't feel comfortable driving the car, we will pay for a rental, up to $45.00 per day, until the car is repaired. I said, so Lexus will provide me with a rental for as long as it takes to fix my car? Yes sir! Long story short, my almost new 2019 ES350 is now sitting comfortably in my garage until a repair is made. I am now in a Caddy XT-5, (No comparison to the Lexus). Rentals are available to anyone who's car is affected by this recall. So, if anyone feels uncomfortable driving their car and wants a rental, go to your local dealer and ask, I do hope they find a fix soon. I'd rather be driving the Lexus than have it sitting in the garage. I'm also thinking of asking Lexus instead of paying for a rental, work a deal with me and let me trade my 2019 in for a similar 2020. I mean, it's costing them almost $1,400 a month for the rental.

How did you get the local dealer to honor the $45/day allowance? My dealer keeps insisting that the max is $35/day
Old 03-12-20, 04:35 PM
Bryan2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

How did you get the local dealer to honor the $45/day allowance? My dealer keeps insisting that the max is $35/day
Call Lexus Customer Service, 1 (800) 255-3987. They were the ones who gave me the $45.00 per day information and this was less than a week ago.
Old 03-12-20, 08:46 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 610 Likes on 405 Posts

$45/day is the allowance stated in the letter Lexus USA sent to dealers for campaign 20LB01. It's on page 5.

Jeff
Old 03-13-20, 05:30 PM
mvppadilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
$45/day is the allowance stated in the letter Lexus USA sent to dealers for campaign 20LB01. It's on page 5.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I have an appointment on Monday to get the rental set up. Will report back on how that goes.
Old 03-14-20, 08:00 AM
Mewannalex
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

BS $45 dollars is for a fusion, smh. I drive a lexus, not a ford.
Old 03-14-20, 08:13 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 610 Likes on 405 Posts

To be fair, often times dealers will have arrangements with rental companies and they will get better pricing - which means a better car than you'd normally get for $45/day. Every dealer/rental company is different of course, so your mileage may vary.

Jeff
Old 03-14-20, 05:16 PM
JonGX
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Both my wife’s car (a GX) and my 3IS are subject to the recall. =(
Old 03-15-20, 10:03 AM
idleninjaz
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Dealer tech here...this recall should be rolling out around summer time. We are trying to increase shop equipment and possibly be offered weekend OT to accommodate for the sheer amount of vehicles that will be coming through. Please try to keep the back seat area clean and don't come in with a full tank of gas, it'll make our lives so much easier.
The following 8 users liked this post by idleninjaz:
Bryan2019 (03-16-20), Jazzrock (03-15-20), Jeff Lange (03-15-20), kj07xk (03-16-20), Mewannalex (03-18-20), pngo (03-15-20), RageRacerM (03-23-20), wthrman2 (03-15-20) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Recall?