Need new summer/all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-20, 07:43 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need new summer/all season tires

hey guys,

i have a 2017 lexus IS350 AWD. Winter is coming to an end soon here in Toronto, Canada, and my factory all season tires are pretty much end of their life. I could push it and run it one more season, but i prefer to get new tires.

I've been searching online and can't come to a decision, so i come here for help.

I plan to stick to my stock size (staggered setup).

225/40R18
255/35R18

Could you guys recommend which tires i should go with for all season?? The only reason i say all season is because it's for dry and some rain. I will be doing NO DRIVING in the SNOW.
I'm looking for good performance in dry and rain. Out here, we get mix of both, but obviously more dry. I liked the factory tires, so something similar or higher.

Performance tires.

Last edited by Ruzifan; 03-06-20 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-06-20, 11:28 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
hey guys,

i have a 2017 lexus IS350 AWD. Winter is coming to an end soon here in Toronto, Canada, and my factory all season tires are pretty much end of their life. I could push it and run it one more season, but i prefer to get new tires.

I've been searching online and can't come to a decision, so i come here for help.

I plan to stick to my stock size (staggered setup).

225/40R18
255/35R18

Could you guys recommend which tires i should go with for all season?? I'm looking for good performance in dry and rain. Out here, we get mix of both, but obviously more dry. I liked the factory tires, so something similar or higher.

Performance tires.
There are lots of threads on this topic... I'd recommend searching the forums next time. But since I am here, I will go ahead and say the most popular options for all-seasons on this car:
  • Michelin PS A/S 3+: Supposedly the best performance all-season tire you can get. Some have complained about a humming noise on the highway.
  • Continental ExtremeContact DWS06: A very popular choice because they are a little softer and better in snow than the Michelins. Some members have had premature tire wear on these.
I ran the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S. I liked the dry/wet performance a lot, as they were response and gave me tons of confidence. However, in snow, they were only marginally better than the stock all-seasons. Depending on how much snow driving you're doing you might be okay with these. They are cheaper than the Michelins, but they offer similar grip when the weather is good.
Old 03-06-20, 11:35 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by arentz07
There are lots of threads on this topic... I'd recommend searching the forums next time. But since I am here, I will go ahead and say the most popular options for all-seasons on this car:
  • Michelin PS A/S 3+: Supposedly the best performance all-season tire you can get. Some have complained about a humming noise on the highway.
  • Continental ExtremeContact DWS06: A very popular choice because they are a little softer and better in snow than the Michelins. Some members have had premature tire wear on these.
I ran the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S. I liked the dry/wet performance a lot, as they were response and gave me tons of confidence. However, in snow, they were only marginally better than the stock all-seasons. Depending on how much snow driving you're doing you might be okay with these. They are cheaper than the Michelins, but they offer similar grip when the weather is good.
thank's so much for your reply. I tried to search, but nothing came up. lot of other thread which had nothing to do with tires kept popping up.

i should have mentioned that i will literally be doing ZERO driving on snow as i have separate winter tires for SNOW.
tires will be strictly for dry and rain here and there.

Also, someone recommended FireStone Firehawk indy 500. Are they good for this car? it's like $400 cheaper than the michellin AS3

Last edited by Ruzifan; 03-06-20 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-06-20, 11:43 AM
Infiverse
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 and they perform extremely well, A true all season tire.
Even though it is an all season tire, it did extremely well in last Friday snowstorm in Toronto.
Old 03-06-20, 11:49 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Infiverse
I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 and they perform extremely well, A true all season tire.
Even though it is an all season tire, it did extremely well in last Friday snowstorm in Toronto.
here the other thing, because i have my winter tires, should i go with Strictly summer tires, or stick to all season? i want some nice performance during the summer. But i'm afraid for times when it rains, i might slip and lose control.
Old 03-06-20, 11:58 AM
babaijebu
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...0-f-sport.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ll-season.html
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (03-06-20)
Old 03-06-20, 12:04 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
here the other thing, because i have my winter tires, should i go with Strictly summer tires, or stick to all season? i want some nice performance during the summer. But i'm afraid for times when it rains, i might slip and lose control.
Summer tires are fine in the rain.
https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/bens-...tires-for-rain

The only tires that are not really so great in the rain are max performance tires, like you might use on a track or at an autocross event. Those are still designed for some level of hydroplane resistance, but they have much larger tread blocks and fewer sipes and places for water to go.
Old 03-06-20, 12:05 PM
Infiverse
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would go for all season tires since we do live in canada where the weather is unpredictable.
The last thing you want is for it to randomly snow and be stuck with summer tires on in the middle of april like two years ago.