IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

All about Lexus IS premature inner tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-21, 03:35 AM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi, I have got my new bushings for my 2016 Lexus IS300. But I m not sure they are the goods I have received, can you tell me if they are the RCF version?

Old 08-14-21, 12:15 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 294 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Soldat79
Hi, I have got my new bushings for my 2016 Lexus IS300. But I m not sure they are the goods I have received, can you tell me if they are the RCF version?

That’s the part numbers matching those listed in post #1 of this thread, so should be good to go.
The following users liked this post:
Soldat79 (08-14-21)
Old 08-14-21, 01:29 PM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Thanks guy
Old 08-15-21, 03:59 PM
aemravan
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I ended up doing the RR Racing USRS bushings on my wife's 2019 F sport. Not ideal to be dropping almost $400 bucks on a new(ish) car that is still fully under warranty, but even at 9k miles when we picked it up the inner tire ware was more the evident.. I was legitimately surprised how much of a difference this made.. I didn't think I'd feel it, but there is a noticeable difference in turn-in response. The swap only took an hour for both sides too..
TLeexus (08-16-21)
Old 08-16-21, 02:21 PM
TLeexus
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aemravan
I ended up doing the RR Racing USRS bushings on my wife's 2019 F sport. Not ideal to be dropping almost $400 bucks on a new(ish) car that is still fully under warranty, but even at 9k miles when we picked it up the inner tire ware was more the evident.. I was legitimately surprised how much of a difference this made.. I didn't think I'd feel it, but there is a noticeable difference in turn-in response. The swap only took an hour for both sides too..

agree. bushing upgrade was a revelations for me... even changing lanes on highway was noticeable tighter. and over all control when braking.
i also got rrracing's ultimate bushies. i was impressed with the beefines of the housing too. ... i put Downs on a well at the same time, so maybe i'm being dramatic with the bushings.
Old 08-16-21, 02:28 PM
aemravan
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TLeexus
agree. bushing upgrade was a revelations for me... even changing lanes on highway was noticeable tighter. and over all control when braking.
i also got rrracing's ultimate bushies. i was impressed with the beefines of the housing too. ... i put Downs on a well at the same time, so maybe i'm being dramatic with the bushings.
my springs and bushings went on at different times so you're definitely not being dramatic regarding the difference. The spring change for me didn't make any sort of noticeable difference in handling at all since it is only a minor drop spring with similar spring rates.
Old 08-18-21, 11:38 PM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

I changed the bushing on my 2016 is I don t notice any big change. But I wonder how the "big hole" on up the bushing can be at the right place because it s biggest than the screw and it s tight to 204 newton/meter!!

Last edited by Soldat79; 08-19-21 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-29-21, 12:26 PM
weslypipes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Victoria lexus BC Canada-Front Tire Wear

Hi everybody, Had some serious front tire wear on my 2017 IS 350 F Sport ... right to the cords. I purchased a set of FIGS poly bushing and got some new Michelin pilot sport S4 tire. but when I got my 4 wheel alignment they notice a leak on my front differeintal. This was sadening. I purchased it from victoria lexus dealership with 35000 km and was told it was flawless. now i can see why they rushed me into a 1 day purchase. you can see where they had added sealant to the cover. I took it to the toyota dealer where i live and am waiting to hear on monday the repair expense I am also getting ahold of lexus canada to see if they will cover it under warranty. beside the 2 small dents i found on the body after and the ****ty wrap job that i also have to get repaired, i like the car, just to tell people buyer beware. always get it checked at another shop have a full inspection done before buying, i thought because it was a lexus dealership i could trust them. I never had this or any problem with mt ACURA Dealership no pressure sales there and they amazing with service. If lexus won't cover it and i have 70000 km on it now. il fix it and sell it to get another Acura. Take care
Old 08-30-21, 05:36 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,736 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by weslypipes
Hi everybody, Had some serious front tire wear on my 2017 IS 350 F Sport ... right to the cords. I purchased a set of FIGS poly bushing and got some new Michelin pilot sport S4 tire. but when I got my 4 wheel alignment they notice a leak on my front differeintal. This was sadening. I purchased it from victoria lexus dealership with 35000 km and was told it was flawless. now i can see why they rushed me into a 1 day purchase. you can see where they had added sealant to the cover. I took it to the toyota dealer where i live and am waiting to hear on monday the repair expense I am also getting ahold of lexus canada to see if they will cover it under warranty. beside the 2 small dents i found on the body after and the ****ty wrap job that i also have to get repaired, i like the car, just to tell people buyer beware. always get it checked at another shop have a full inspection done before buying, i thought because it was a lexus dealership i could trust them. I never had this or any problem with mt ACURA Dealership no pressure sales there and they amazing with service. If lexus won't cover it and i have 70000 km on it now. il fix it and sell it to get another Acura. Take care
Not all dealers are made equally... the first Lexus dealership I went to was awesome - friendly staff in all departments, good service, and they stepped up when they made a mistake with my paperwork and offered me some service credit. The dealership where I got my '21 has been a royal pain so far. They also made a mistake on the paperwork but took forever to get it resolved. Namely, it took them two months to get my trade-in paid off, and it would have taken longer if I hadn't noticed that, after a month, I still was getting statements on that vehicle. My wife and I had to go in person and demand that it get resolved because talking on the phone or emailing was not getting anywhere. Voila, once we showed up in person, everything is magically back on track.

Anyway, my point is, you don't drive a dealership, you drive a Lexus, so if you like the car, maybe it is worth shopping around for different dealers? Anyway, this is off-topic, so I will end by saying I hope the FIGS bushings work out well for you with regards to not only the tire wear but also the driving experience. Cheers.
Old 09-09-21, 07:30 AM
manataur
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Where is the best place to purchase the Figs or the RR ones? 2016 IS200t if that matters. Just noticed last night about the tire wear and still catching up on the forum for the best place to purchase them. The RCF ones are more hit or miss and not as firm as the others, correct?
Old 09-09-21, 08:14 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,736 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by manataur
Where is the best place to purchase the Figs or the RR ones? 2016 IS200t if that matters. Just noticed last night about the tire wear and still catching up on the forum for the best place to purchase them. The RCF ones are more hit or miss and not as firm as the others, correct?
Any reason not to buy directly from FIGS? https://shopfigs.com/v3/by-vehicle/c...AT-G3-LEXUS-IS

And yea, the RC F bushings are of a similar type as the OE bushings, but firmer. So the difference will be noticeable but not like an aftermarket performance bushing.
Old 09-16-21, 08:16 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry to ask but where could I find the torque figures for those screws to be removed? (I'm sure it's been shared before but it's hard to dig from so many posts)

THANKS!
Old 09-17-21, 03:00 AM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Does anyone know if the 2021 IS has the same LCA bushings as the 2014-2020 IS? Its too early to tell if the 21’ will suffer from premature tire wear.

Last edited by Coconut; 09-17-21 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-17-21, 03:17 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Yes it does, I have already swapped mine with the GF-S one and they work well. As you said, no way to know if stock 2021 IS will have the same inner wear problem but I didn't wanna take any chances.
Coconut (09-17-21)
Old 09-17-21, 03:37 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

wongnee - As far as the specs for the torque value for the LCAs, I saw a video once on youtube but not sure if it will help with all the specs (around 8:00 min in the video)

Last edited by wthrman2; 09-17-21 at 03:42 AM.

Quick Reply: All about Lexus IS premature inner tire wear