IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

All about Lexus IS premature inner tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 08:59 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

For the RC F parts, they are sold as a separate part number for the left and right. You will only need 2 in total, 1 for the right LCA and 1 for the left LCA. Their part number are almost identical, only difference is the end...if you look through this thread, the parts are listed but here they are:

48075-24010
48076-24010
Old 10-11-21, 09:09 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
For the RC F parts, they are sold as a separate part number for the left and right. You will only need 2 in total, 1 for the right LCA and 1 for the left LCA. Their part number are almost identical, only difference is the end...if you look through this thread, the parts are listed but here they are:

48075-24010
48076-24010
Ah gotcha. Thanks. I just found it odd that the diagrammatic picture on the parts.Lexus.com page looks quite different for the two parts numbers which is why I was stumped. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-11-21)
Old 10-11-21, 09:22 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

I would like to add something to this thread that people may find informative. Watch in real time how a rubber bushing responds to steering, braking, heavy cornering etc... Then compare it to the ultimate stability of a polyurethane bushing. There is a reason Energy suspension has been one of the biggest problem solvers in automotive performance. Replacing the standard IS rubber with stiffer RCF rubber is a gamble. I take more calls from RCF owners looking to go o the USRS Poly. than anything. It's definitely cheaper to go RCF but it will not give you near the same stability and steering improvement as a Poly bushing.

​​​​​​

-Justin
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

wthrman2 (10-11-21)
Old 10-11-21, 09:43 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Hey Justin, there is no doubt that your product, as with Figs, will be superior than the Lexus RC F bushings. Some are always a bit reluctant to go non oem and this is a compromise, but point well taken

Do you offer club lexus members a deal ?

Last edited by wthrman2; 10-11-21 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-11-21, 10:19 AM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I installed the RCF bushing three month ago, that change nothing, I wondered If the last owner already made this change.
I install Figs Bushing 80 (not 90) two week ago,it's a new car (almost) , In the begining the steering wheel is too much hard, after few miles, it's better, for me it's one of the best mods. I made that to stop the tramlining of my car, that worked very well, not the RCF bushing.
kj07xk (10-11-21)
Old 10-11-21, 11:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Jason, there is no doubt that your product, as with Figs, will be superior than the Lexus RC F bushings. Some are always a bit reluctant to go non oem and this is a compromise, but point well taken

Do you offer club lexus members a deal ?

I can definitely find some sort of CL discount to apply. Just keep in mind the Rcf owners are not exempt from the issues based on the calls I get.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

hoffheins (02-28-22)
Old 10-11-21, 01:18 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Soldat79
I installed the RCF bushing three month ago, that change nothing, I wondered If the last owner already made this change.
I install Figs Bushing 80 (not 90) two week ago,it's a new car (almost) , In the begining the steering wheel is too much hard, after few miles, it's better, for me it's one of the best mods. I made that to stop the tramlining of my car, that worked very well, not the RCF bushing.
Just a couple of points here - I totally hear what you are saying about the RC F parts not creating much of a noticeable in teh way the car drives and handles. The people that go this route understand that their primary reason to get these over aftermarket products is that it doesn't affect the way the car drives/handles. They love the way the stock IS feels and all they are trying to do is reduce (not eliminate) the wear without having to compromise on the way the car handles or steers. You have pretty much confirmed what this part does, doesn't create a noticeable difference in the way the car feels and will somewhat limit the tire wear. Again, these OEM parts are not as effective as the aftermarket parts to reduce the tire wear but they are also less expensive and OEM which some owners prefer to have.

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I can definitely find some sort of CL discount to apply. Just keep in mind the Rcf owners are not exempt from the issues based on the calls I get.
I totally hear ya on the tire wear - The RC/GS F bushings are still not as stiff to totally avoid the tire wear - it is worse for owners (such as the RC F) who will track their cars or push it hard which will lead to even more more wear, such as evident in the press vehicle (IS500) which already needs new tires. For people who aren't overly aggressive with their 500, the RC/GS F bushings may at least alleviate some of the excessive wear (not eliminate) but you have me intrigued and I will reach out to you for your parts
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
RRRacing (10-11-21), Soldat79 (10-11-21)
Old 10-11-21, 09:57 PM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Just a couple of points here - I totally hear what you are saying about the RC F parts not creating much of a noticeable in teh way the car drives and handles. The people that go this route understand that their primary reason to get these over aftermarket products is that it doesn't affect the way the car drives/handles. They love the way the stock IS feels and all they are trying to do is reduce (not eliminate) the wear without having to compromise on the way the car handles or steers. You have pretty much confirmed what this part does, doesn't create a noticeable difference in the way the car feels and will somewhat limit the tire wear. Again, these OEM parts are not as effective as the aftermarket parts to reduce the tire wear but they are also less expensive and OEM which some owners prefer to have.

I totally hear ya on the tire wear - The RC/GS F bushings are still not as stiff to totally avoid the tire wear - it is worse for owners (such as the RC F) who will track their cars or push it hard which will lead to even more more wear, such as evident in the press vehicle (IS500) which already needs new tires. For people who aren't overly aggressive with their 500, the RC/GS F bushings may at least alleviate some of the excessive wear (not eliminate) but you have me intrigued and I will reach out to you for your parts
I totally agree with you, it's a good post.

There is a another way to decrease inner tire wear, just add TOE IN. Even if the lexus brand claim 0°, you could add TOE IN.
Nobody can belive me, after a new alignement, I was not happy what they did, I added TOE IN myself, a full turn of toe bar. I decreased my fuel consumption and Toe In is good for less inner tire wear.

wthrman2 (10-12-21)
Old 10-12-21, 03:42 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ So you noticed a huge difference using the FIGS 80? My understanding was that the FIGS 80 were closer to the GS/RC F OEM bushing and the FIGS 90 were the one that provided a more rigid/stiffer driving impression. Have you noticed any of the NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) that apparently many consumers have noticed/reported with going aftermarket?
Old 10-12-21, 06:04 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

^^ So you noticed a huge difference using the FIGS 80? My understanding was that the FIGS 80 were closer to the GS/RC F OEM bushing and the FIGS 90 were the one that provided a more rigid/stiffer driving impression. Have you noticed any of the NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) that apparently many consumers have noticed/reported with going aftermarket?
I installed the FIGS 80 a few years ago, and if I noticed any difference in NVH, it was minor, and my body accepts it as ‘normal’ now. What did change, in a big positive way, was handling. Prior to installing, if I needed to make an emergency stop, or speed reduction, like going from 80 down to 40, the car would want to wander all over place, scary. Post installation, stops are straight and true. Well worth it, even if tire wear wasn’t an issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by kj07xk:
Soldat79 (10-12-21), wthrman2 (10-12-21)
Old 10-12-21, 06:27 AM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

My opinion is the car stay straight, at 95% when the road is curve/tilt, at high speed too. The car stay straight during the high braking. Maybe it's a little bit noisy I didn't really notice, at least less than when I changed my tire 17 inch Michelin Summer by 18inch Brigestone All season.
Old 10-12-21, 12:27 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Soldat79
My opinion is the car stay straight, at 95% when the road is curve/tilt, at high speed too. The car stay straight during the high braking. Maybe it's a little bit noisy I didn't really notice, at least less than when I changed my tire 17 inch Michelin Summer by 18inch Brigestone All season.
im confused. what noise do u guys hear exactly?
Old 10-12-21, 05:26 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am not 100% sure as I don't have any of these FIGS or RR Racing bushings but my suspicion would be more road noise and suspension noise that communicates in the cabin due to a stiffer ride but I am just speculating
Old 10-12-21, 07:49 PM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
im confused. what noise do u guys hear exactly?
It's rolling noise when I m driving on very grainy road texture.
Old 10-13-21, 03:40 PM
IS350USB
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Is this true on all Lexus IS models? I'm in a 2021 350 AWD.

Quick Reply: All about Lexus IS premature inner tire wear