IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 11:17 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by kobrah
just noticed the vid from peasodos from another post. https://youtu.be/UMan4CNy7kw
I'm thinking that the reason why joystick control is weird is bc depending on the what OEM screen it might be on in the background, your limited by the range of joystick movements since in OEM it tends to "snap" to the next choice on the screen. So when in Carplay, you can be trying to go move a certain direction while the background OEM screen is limited.
Yeah this is what's happening to me joystick is mainly snapping to Lexus in the background and I don't have split screen like GS. That's not normal, it will accidentally be changing car's setting after I press Menu button that will exit out of AUX screen.
Old 06-26-20, 12:32 PM
Gazan350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Well I just spent last 2 hrs taking the trims apart and everything was connected but it doesn’t work. My joystick doesn’t work after I hooked everything up so not sure if CarPlay even works. I got the right toggle switches. In the manual I was told I don’t need to connect this cable if I have joystick connector. Does anyone have this connected?

this wasn’t easy task it looks easier on video but when you actually do it yourself it’s very exhausting especially when it doesn’t work. Now I need to text those guy in China for tech support.

I think you need to attach that to the back of the screen so it can activate the joystick feature, I bought it and in the manual it said you need to plug that in
Old 06-26-20, 12:43 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gazan350
I think you need to attach that to the back of the screen so it can activate the joystick feature, I bought it and in the manual it said you need to plug that in
I tried didn't work, I wasn't sure if I need to connect the small connector to the box there are two jacks, I connected to each one didn't work. But I didn't play around with Green and Grey wire on this cable did you have to do anything? Is yours Carlinkit? How did you connect the screen split cable?
Old 06-26-20, 02:05 PM
Gazan350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent received it yet but it says that cable has to plug into the factory cable for the screen and if you have the ****, you plug the green ones in and plug the adapter into the main screen. Also if you have the switches that are numbered, change them so 3,4,5 are all on
Old 06-26-20, 02:33 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gazan350
I havent received it yet but it says that cable has to plug into the factory cable for the screen and if you have the ****, you plug the green ones in and plug the adapter into the main screen. Also if you have the switches that are numbered, change them so 3,4,5 are all on
Oh I thought you already installed it. Nah I already tried that cable didn’t work, another guy here his was working without same cable on his smaller screen w joystick. I’m just going to wait for them to send out new cable.

What is your screen size, joystick and you bought Carlinkit?
Old 06-26-20, 02:49 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by JayCee0919
Here's what I was sent by Road Top
This manual seems clear and straightforward.
Old 06-26-20, 04:47 PM
johnnyball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my kit just came today. Question for those with the 10.25 screen for the CAN connectors with the split screen. Did you guys do anything with them in terms of unplugging them? Dojoman's picture got me confused if I need to do anything with them or not.
Old 06-26-20, 04:51 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnnyball
So my kit just came today. Question for those with the 10.25 screen for the CAN connectors with the split screen. Did you guys do anything with them in terms of unplugging them? Dojoman's picture got me confused if I need to do anything with them or not.
Just install it with the way it is if doesn’t work reverse the connectors like my picture.
Old 06-26-20, 05:58 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

If you have the 10.25 make sure you have the “new split screen” plugged into the the main harness and the blank connector is in the old screen one
Old 06-26-20, 09:27 PM
kobrah
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
If you have the 10.25 make sure you have the “new split screen” plugged into the the main harness and the blank connector is in the old screen one
the pdf that someone recently posted. Were those the same instructions that were provided to you?

i don’t have the unit in front of me yet but some of the instructions on the pdf are vague.

i ordered top road version for OEM 10.3 inch remote touch with Factory NAV.

Old 06-26-20, 09:42 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Ok so you have the exact same setup as me

that’s the correct way for ours
Old 06-27-20, 12:03 AM
kobrah
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
Ok so you have the exact same setup as me

that’s the correct way for ours

thanks. Did you install your box under the head unit?
Old 06-27-20, 08:27 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

There’s almost a perfect spot for it behind the glove box, and it’s only 5 screws and 3 bolts to remove the glove box
Old 06-27-20, 08:44 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

This might sound like a dumb question, but because I have never installed the workaround for displaying video when car is on the move, will the carplay and/or any video input display while car is on the move? Is it necessary to install the workaround together with this box? thx
Old 06-27-20, 09:16 AM
mazdamx594
Driver School Candidate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
This might sound like a dumb question, but because I have never installed the workaround for displaying video when car is on the move, will the carplay and/or any video input display while car is on the move? Is it necessary to install the workaround together with this box? thx
I had the same question. Yes it will display while the car is in motion, that is the biggest advantage of the Carlinkit/roadtop version over the BeatSonic version. With roadtop/Carlinkit the CarPlay and video in motion is contained in one box, whereas BeatSonic uses two separate boxes.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (06-27-20)

Quick Reply: New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen