IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-20, 06:18 PM
JayCee0919
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I’ve found that if I get in and press menu right away it will boot into CarPlay right away )5 secs or so). If the joystick doesn’t work I just have to go to OEM and then right back and it’s fine.

OEM doesn’t come up right away but I’m not bothered. I’m going to email about new firmware tonight
Old 07-07-20, 06:25 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by JayCee0919
Well I’ve found that if I get in and press menu right away it will boot into CarPlay right away )5 secs or so). If the joystick doesn’t work I just have to go to OEM and then right back and it’s fine.

OEM doesn’t come up right away but I’m not bothered. I’m going to email about new firmware tonight
In Carlinkit it always go to CarPlay menu after about 10 sec starting car it bypassed OEM completely I only see Continue button. Looks like it always boot to CarPlay if I turned off my car with CarPlay on. Wish I was actually able to use it. My joystick and all hard buttons don’t work.
Old 07-07-20, 07:23 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Ok disregard my msg above, for some reason it’s working now, even tho iOS 14 wont allow wifi and CarPlay at the same time
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (07-08-20)
Old 07-07-20, 07:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
Ok disregard my msg above, for some reason it’s working now, even tho iOS 14 wont allow wifi and CarPlay at the same time
What do you mean CarPlay won’t allow WiFi? When you’re on CarPlay iOS 14 turns off WiFi? Starting In iOS 13 sometime WiFi icon is off no blue color that doesn’t mean it’s off some connections are still intact.
Old 07-07-20, 08:04 PM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

In iOS 14 if you click the wifi icon it prompts you that wifi cannot be ok with CarPlay

Old 07-07-20, 08:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Hmmm this is interesting I think it’s probably a bug in beta it’s pretty early beta anyway. I don’t think Apple stops supporting wireless CarPlay with iOS 14 if anything there should be more car manufacturers will have it.
Old 07-08-20, 04:37 AM
JayCee0919
Driver School Candidate

In iOS 14 if you click the wifi icon it prompts you that wifi cannot be ok with CarPlay

I'm not on iOS 14 and this is the same for me as well - enabling WiFi kills wireless CarPlay
Old 07-08-20, 06:27 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Weird, everything seems to be working again after I restarted my phone, so maybe iOS 14 works. I’ll keep y’all posted if it messes up again
Old 07-08-20, 08:38 AM
beeftits
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This also works with any other screen not just the 10.25 one

I’m making this new thread for the new device that gets you wireless CarPlay and android auto for the OEM 10.25 inch screen, everything works as it should including steering wheel controls and going from reverse cam to CarPlay automatically. Audio sound the same as Bluetooth only gripe I have with this unit is you have to hold menu for 3 secs every time you turn on your car.

you can find it on amazon or Ali express, I went with amazon since it’s super easy to return items if they don’t work
(you have to find the unit that works with your controller - mine was the one with remote touch -
google 2018 Lexus wireless CarPlay or something like that

Can you elaborate on how this works? Is the factory USB port still active and connected? Bluetooth sound quality is sub-par on apps like Tidal, so I am wondering if bluetooth is the only way to connect. Does everything else work? Joystick? Etc.?
Old 07-08-20, 09:07 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Don't buy from Carlinkit those guys are scumback. They keep trying to keep me from returning the product keeps asking me to try this try that ask their engineers. I will ask credit card company for charge back.
Old 07-08-20, 09:20 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Don't buy from Carlinkit those guys are scumback. They keep trying to keep me from returning the product keeps asking me to try this try that ask their engineers. I will ask credit card company for charge back.
I still haven't gotten my Carlinkit to work either and am having the same issue. It's been a week of me trying to get a refund and them asking my to try useless things, often repeating the same requests several days later. I'm about to open a dispute on Aliexpress and will issue a chargeback if that doesn't resolve it.
Old 07-08-20, 10:19 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ejisfun
I still haven't gotten my Carlinkit to work either and am having the same issue. It's been a week of me trying to get a refund and them asking my to try useless things, often repeating the same requests several days later. I'm about to open a dispute on Aliexpress and will issue a chargeback if that doesn't resolve it.
We should have bought Road top from the beginning Carlinkit guys are scum. I'm shipping back my package anyway if they don't refund we can open chargeback with your credit car company this is pretty much fraud. I already opened dispute with Aliexpress.
Old 07-08-20, 10:22 AM
JayCee0919
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
100% do a chargeback as soon as you can - these firms don't care until they have the potential to lose money. If they sold you a faulty unit that did not work as advertised then it is 100% your right to not have to pay for it.
Old 07-08-20, 01:04 PM
BMMIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the Roadtop version and sadly no joy I have a 2013 UK spec IS300h, with ML audio, 7" screen and joystick/mouse Nav. I asked several questions before purchase, including sending pictures and they assured me it would work. They gave me two different toggle settings to try but couldn't confirm the CAN to OLD/NEW screen configuration.

It was straight forward to install and whilst it did eventually work - I found that my mouse kept forcing itself into the 'right' position. I could still select icons left and right, but up and down was hit and miss. It also seemed to be selecting things by itself and very awkward to control. To me it seemed like this device has been designed for the *** control and later adapted to kind of work with a joystick.

A great concept and I've been waiting ages for something like this, but it felt unfinished. Genuinely pleased for those that got it working. Whilst I'm not afraid to take my car apart, it's not something I can keep doing to experiment with different cables or toggle settings.

I'd checked all the seller terms on Aliexpress and some of the sellers required you to pay your own shipping - hence why I purchased via Roadtop's Amazon store. Fulfilled by Amazon so the return was straightforward. I'm starting to think that a Android touch screen might be the best option for my car - or just stick to OEM with a decent phone holder!
Old 07-08-20, 01:27 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BMMIS
I purchased the Roadtop version and sadly no joy I have a 2013 UK spec IS300h, with ML audio, 7" screen and joystick/mouse Nav. I asked several questions before purchase, including sending pictures and they assured me it would work. They gave me two different toggle settings to try but couldn't confirm the CAN to OLD/NEW screen configuration.

It was straight forward to install and whilst it did eventually work - I found that my mouse kept forcing itself into the 'right' position. I could still select icons left and right, but up and down was hit and miss. It also seemed to be selecting things by itself and very awkward to control. To me it seemed like this device has been designed for the *** control and later adapted to kind of work with a joystick.

A great concept and I've been waiting ages for something like this, but it felt unfinished. Genuinely pleased for those that got it working. Whilst I'm not afraid to take my car apart, it's not something I can keep doing to experiment with different cables or toggle settings.

I'd checked all the seller terms on Aliexpress and some of the sellers required you to pay your own shipping - hence why I purchased via Roadtop's Amazon store. Fulfilled by Amazon so the return was straightforward. I'm starting to think that a Android touch screen might be the best option for my car - or just stick to OEM with a decent phone holder!
You're right I think these units became widely available early last yr and they were designed for cars with newer screen, I don't think they tested these on all the cars. You car isn't too far off from my 2014 with 8" Nav joystick same symptom as yours joystick is not usable. I've completely gave up on Carplay in my car just use phone mount.

Quick Reply: New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen