IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-20, 08:55 PM
Jeffusa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Regarding airplay, it works flawlessly for me. As easy as airplaying to apple TV, in fact, same process. Here are two links to videos I took, airplaying while streaming on CNN and Youtube apps.

https://streamable.com/38pf1c

https://streamable.com/v56esn

I only wanted carplay and airplay mirroring, while retaining original stuffs. The conversion box was an affordable choice, without me changing other dashboard items, so far no regrets...
It does indeed seem to work flawlessly! I appreciate how you also recorded the iphone so that we could see the quality of airplay transmission. I think after seeing this I will indeed go with the roadtop box as I am also only interested in carplay and airplay.
Old 07-15-20, 05:21 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
This also works with any other screen not just the 10.25 one

I’m making this new thread for the new device that gets you wireless CarPlay and android auto for the OEM 10.25 inch screen, everything works as it should including steering wheel controls and going from reverse cam to CarPlay automatically. Audio sound the same as Bluetooth only gripe I have with this unit is you have to hold menu for 3 secs every time you turn on your car.

you can find it on amazon or Ali express, I went with amazon since it’s super easy to return items if they don’t work
(you have to find the unit that works with your controller - mine was the one with remote touch -
google 2018 Lexus wireless CarPlay or something like that

Thank you so much Nik! I just ordered the remaining stock from Amazon - It does say it will come with all the cables required. I got the joystick **** so I think it falls on the remote touch. I'll probably contact the seller to make sure he sends the required cable.
Old 07-16-20, 02:55 PM
RC350FS16
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i just installed this in my car and its a piece of junk. my touchpad doesnt work at all making it completely useless. Wasted money and time and now im sad. Thinking bout other options but this one is down the drain fellas. tried it in my rc350 fs
Old 07-16-20, 03:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by RC350FS16
i just installed this in my car and its a piece of junk. my touchpad doesnt work at all making it completely useless. Wasted money and time and now im sad. Thinking bout other options but this one is down the drain fellas. tried it in my rc350 fs
I just saw a vendor posted a new product similar to Android 4x4 screen replacement unit but supposed to be better design.
yeah, this stuff from Aliexpress is junk It works for some people with **** control but still lots of bugs. I wouldn't buy one if knew all the con with this product. Wasted my time and money. Did you try to reverse the black connectors some people have luck with it?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...us-models.html

Last edited by dojoman; 07-16-20 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-16-20, 06:25 PM
RC350FS16
Driver School Candidate

very disappointed. bought it due to the hype in this thread only to be railed from the back, wireless carplay for lexus is hard to get for no ****ing reason and its ****ing dumb. we're in 2020 how ****ing hard should it be
Old 07-16-20, 07:19 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I just saw a vendor posted a new product similar to Android 4x4 screen replacement unit but supposed to be better design.
yeah, this stuff from Aliexpress is junk It works for some people with **** control but still lots of bugs. I wouldn't buy one if knew all the con with this product. Wasted my time and money. Did you try to reverse the black connectors some people have luck with it?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...us-models.html
The Lexion is too pricey for me. $800 on sale. I don't need a new display. I'm holding off on this one too. Way too many problems.
Old 07-16-20, 07:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
The Lexion is too pricey for me. $800 on sale. I don't need a new display. I'm holding off on this one too. Way too many problems.
If you already have 10” from factory then it doesn’t make sense but I’m tempted since my screen is small. I should just wait until more people report back on how it actually works. But this is the only system I’ve seen with external box but I still don’t like it doesn’t use Lexus mic.
Old 07-16-20, 08:10 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

If you already have 10” from factory then it doesn’t make sense but I’m tempted since my screen is small. I should just wait until more people report back on how it actually works. But this is the only system I’ve seen with external box but I still don’t like it doesn’t use Lexus mic.
I have a 2016 with the small display. I don't really care. Different desires. I just want Carplay to work on my system and not spend a lot of money
to have it. If nothing comes along, so be it. I also have to have it installed, so there's extra expense for me.
Old 07-17-20, 07:19 AM
babaijebu
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

did you buy the one designed for RC or confirm if these ones works with RC before buying?
Old 07-17-20, 09:27 AM
RC350FS16
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by babaijebu
did you buy the one designed for RC or confirm if these ones works with RC before buying?
it listed my car as compatible, and i emailed road top from aliexpress all the pictures of my interior. He confirmed it. touchpad is UN USEABLE stay far away. i had the 7 inch screen with nav and ML
Old 07-17-20, 09:38 AM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 202 Posts

I just cancelled my order from amazon
Old 07-17-20, 09:49 AM
RC350FS16
Driver School Candidate

i had very high hopes only to be crushed. learn from my experience and my hole in my wallet
Old 07-17-20, 09:52 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Anyone has it working with either Road Top or Carlinkit with ML audio? Maybe they didn’t test with all the car variations. These guys made all boxes from same schematic design copy and paste. I know how these small companies in China operate just trying to make quick bucks.
Old 07-17-20, 10:31 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

i had very high hopes only to be crushed. learn from my experience and my hole in my wallet
Can't you return to Road Top at least I saw they said free return to Aliexpress? for me I spent $100 just for return shipping first time $60 with Priority mail but it got returned to me due to custom now I'm dealing with getting my postage back from post office. Sent it again but with slower shipping out anohter $43. What a headache.
Old 07-17-20, 11:02 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't you return to Road Top at least I saw they said free return to Aliexpress? for me I spent $100 just for return shipping first time $60 with Priority mail but it got returned to me due to custom now I'm dealing with getting my postage back from post office. Sent it again but with slower shipping out anohter $43. What a headache.
I ended up getting $127 of the $245 back by doing an Aliexpress dispute. I'm still trying the chargeback on my credit card as well to see if I can get the full amount back. After reading your experience I'm not even going to try sending it back, it doesn't seem like it's worth $100 to go through the hassle of it.

Anyone has it working with either Road Top or Carlinkit with ML audio? Maybe they didn’t test with all the car variations. These guys made all boxes from same schematic design copy and paste. I know how these small companies in China operate just trying to make quick bucks.
I'm wondering if ML audio is the issue with my RX as well. I also got a VLite from Grom and had a similar issue where the display wouldn't work quite right. Currently I am exchanging it for the VLine VL2 to see if I have better luck with that.

Quick Reply: New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen