IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-20, 10:41 PM
dappy9
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Blue connector seems to be hooked up correctly, I hear the click. Not sure what went wrong, I didn't see any broken pins in any of the connectors I pulled out. I put everything back together trim kits and all, should I go to the dealership tomorrow or are there any other things I should try out first?
Old 07-20-20, 07:51 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by dappy9
Blue connector seems to be hooked up correctly, I hear the click. Not sure what went wrong, I didn't see any broken pins in any of the connectors I pulled out. I put everything back together trim kits and all, should I go to the dealership tomorrow or are there any other things I should try out first?
Interior lights came out? If you hear clicking noise I think could be just battery drain while installing it can happen if you didn’t charge battery in beginning. I installed this harness many times over to troubleshoot I didn’t break my car, not yet. Not that easy to break unless you jammed some connector and bent a pin in oem harness.
Old 07-21-20, 04:39 PM
kobrah
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

does anyone know which wires either on the OEM or on the carplay device are the 12V & GROUND ?

I'm trying to see if isolating the DC to the carplay device will remove the alternator whine without having to use a ground loop isolator (kills BASS).
Old 07-21-20, 08:00 PM
jtsai945
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone got any success with the Road Top unit in NX200t touchpad? I am thinking about getting one for my 2016, but the comment of touchpad not working worries me.
Old 07-22-20, 07:54 PM
beeftits
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My kit arrived a few days ago. Communication trying to get the correct cable has been a real joy... I ordered from AliExpress and entered the "joystick with navigation" option, and still received the wrong video cable.

Several messages back and forth, with photos, and these morons are still confused.
Old 07-22-20, 07:55 PM
beeftits
Rookie

Originally Posted by kobrah
does anyone know which wires either on the OEM or on the carplay device are the 12V & GROUND ?
I believe those are for aftermarket cameras, power TO the devices. I do not believe you have to apply power to the CarPlay adapter.
Old 07-22-20, 09:56 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by beeftits
My kit arrived a few days ago. Communication trying to get the correct cable has been a real joy... I ordered from AliExpress and entered the "joystick with navigation" option, and still received the wrong video cable.

Several messages back and forth, with photos, and these morons are still confused.
Exactly my experience those guys should not be selling anything outside of CN they have very limited English. Conversation always starts with Friend this friend that and I’m not sure what to make of kissing emoji I keep getting hopefully it’s from a girl. Last time I buy anything more than $20 item from Aliexpress.
Old 07-23-20, 08:38 AM
kobrah
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe those are for aftermarket cameras, power TO the devices. I do not believe you have to apply power to the CarPlay adapter.
I was looking the 12V and GND that is used to power on the device. I was able to get their engineer to provide that info. Next step is isolating the DC to the device to hopefully remove alternator whine.

While the language and time difference makes it difficult at times to troubleshoot. I found that customer service has been pretty good. I ordered my unit from ebay.
Old 07-23-20, 09:10 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kobrah
I was looking the 12V and GND that is used to power on the device. I was able to get their engineer to provide that info. Next step is isolating the DC to the device to hopefully remove alternator whine.

While the language and time difference makes it difficult at times to troubleshoot. I found that customer service has been pretty good. I ordered my unit from ebay.
I've communicated with the person on ebay his English is much better and he's very helpful but dealing with Ali staff is another story.
Old 07-23-20, 09:21 AM
beeftits
Rookie

They tried to charge me for shipping on the correct cable. I adamantly opposed and they're sending it for free. Don't ask which car I have up-front, then charge me when you still **** up the shipment!
Old 07-23-20, 09:32 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

They tried to charge me for shipping on the correct cable. I adamantly opposed and they're sending it for free. Don't ask which car I have up-front, then charge me when you still **** up the shipment!
They pulled same trick on me I did pay $25 for expedited shipping. If the cable worked I wouldn’t have mind the fee but POS cable didn’t work and I’m out another $25 on top of unreturned unit.
Old 07-23-20, 09:36 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Exactly my experience those guys should not be selling anything outside of CN they have very limited English. Conversation always starts with Friend this friend that and I’m not sure what to make of kissing emoji I keep getting hopefully it’s from a girl. Last time I buy anything more than $20 item from Aliexpress.
Ha! I sent them a video showing the issue with mine and he responded "Friends, your voice is very nice, I listened 5 times"

That was the only response...no actual help at all lol
Old 07-23-20, 09:43 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ejisfun
Ha! I sent them a video showing the issue with mine and he responded "Friends, your voice is very nice, I listened 5 times"

That was the only response...no actual help at all lol
At least you didn't get kissing emoji.
Old 07-23-20, 02:25 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that the new ISxxx reboot is getting Apple CarPlay wouldn’t a simple software update allow us to get these functions without of course touch screen functionality.

https://www.lexus.com.au/apple-carpl...oid-auto/about
Old 07-23-20, 02:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DarthLex
Now that the new ISxxx reboot is getting Apple CarPlay wouldn’t a simple software update allow us to get these functions without of course touch screen functionality.

https://www.lexus.com.au/apple-carpl...oid-auto/about
Not even close completely different hardware in new IS and not to mention the old IS Nav system is way too slow to run AA/CarPlay.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (07-23-20)

Quick Reply: New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen