IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-20, 09:51 AM
beeftits
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Maybe when you unplugged your headunit clock in the system probably got reset? You just need to adjust it.
The only adjustment I can see is in Enform, and it's set to go off of GPS and is on the correct timezone. The Enform software reads the correct time at the GPS screen... Just not on the dash... You would think these would be reading the same time?? Are there two separate places to adjust the clock?
Old 08-02-20, 09:56 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by beeftits
The only adjustment I can see is in Enform, and it's set to go off of GPS and is on the correct timezone. The Enform software reads the correct time at the GPS screen... Just not on the dash... You would think these would be reading the same time?? Are there two separate places to adjust the clock?
In my car there a clock in navigation it needs to know the time if you’re on nav route it will tell you arrival time. Mine is in General setting -> set time.
Old 08-02-20, 01:30 PM
beeftits
Rookie

In my car there a clock in navigation it needs to know the time if you’re on nav route it will tell you arrival time. Mine is in General setting -> set time.

That is the one I am referring to. It is set and the screen in the middle of the dash reads the correct time. The digital clock near the speedometer reads a different time that is incorrect.

Old 08-02-20, 01:31 PM
beeftits
Rookie

Originally Posted by kobrah
its on other posts including some for the beatsonic units as well. my setup is all OEM.

do you have one of these already installed ?

So I now have noticed alternator whine but only when a track is not playing. A silent track - no whine. But when a track is paused, I can hear it. Quite odd.
Old 08-02-20, 02:01 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by beeftits
That is the one I am referring to. It is set and the screen in the middle of the dash reads the correct time. The digital clock near the speedometer reads a different time that is incorrect.
Never mind I don’t have a clock on my Speedometer it was added in later yr my car is 2014.
Old 08-02-20, 05:14 PM
jtsai945
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completed the installation on my 2016 NX200t Fsport. The touchpad is not working well, but *at least* is responsive. The dip switch has to be set to 1 & 2 ON. I tried the settings mentioned in the manual and they don't work -- touchpad would not be responsive.
Wired carplay works pretty easily -- just plug it in. Wireless carplay requires a bit more setting.
Next step is to reach out to the seller for the touchpad issue.

The following users liked this post:
Drillbert (11-06-21)
Old 08-02-20, 10:12 PM
beeftits
Rookie

Never mind I don’t have a clock on my Speedometer it was added in later yr my car is 2014.
Found it. There is a setting in the dash controls.

3 different clocks in the car, all with different settings. Brilliant
Old 08-03-20, 06:47 AM
gandalfAUS
Driver School Candidate

My review of this RoadTop unit

I have a 2018 Lexus IS 350, Nav version, 10.2 screen, Australian version.

Install:
I watched this
Install takes about an hour or two.
The hardest part is really making sure box and cables fit nicely behind the original unit. The rest is really easy. The manual could be better, I had to message RoadTop (through Aliexpress messages) and they responded immediately. I didn’t see that the LDVS cable connects directly to screen. Fixed quickly. By the way, yes you do need this (CABLE) cable. Just ask for it with order.
I setup wireless Carplay as well. Go to setup on unit, find your phone and you're done.

Functionality:
I had this for few days now so only few tests done.
First of all, CarPlay looks awesome on wide screen! Like really impressive, this alone is worth the ~250USD I paid (was discounted).
Sound quality - like original unit.
Phone calls - like original unit.

PICS:

Music

Dark

Light

Operation:
Well, obviously no touch screen, joystick works ok. It treats the icons/buttons on CarPlay screen as a line, so you only go left or right with joystick. You can also do up-down movement but its harder to click it that way?! It works ok, needs getting used to, but could be better.
It's really a Lexus joystick limitation, not this unit limitation. Joystick is the only part of this car I don’t like.

One issue I have experienced with phone - callers on other side tell me they hear their own voice when its connected to CarPlay. As soon as I change phone to use the Bluetooth from the car it works fine. I can still control phone call over the CarPlay in car.
I'll contact RoadTop about this.

Next:
What I would like to explore. Can I connect a mouse or a touchpad to this so I can use it more like touchscreen.
Maybe change/upgrade screen to touchscreen. I'm tall so I can reach the screen. Does anyone know where I could get one?
I'll add more thoughts after a week or so of use.

Last edited by gandalfAUS; 08-03-20 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-03-20, 07:17 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Honestly this review is pretty much exactly how I feel about this unit, controls are wonky but to me it’s no big deal
Old 08-03-20, 08:03 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Any of you have pdf instruction for Roadtop?
Old 08-03-20, 08:19 AM
jtsai945
Driver School Candidate

Did anyone run into this weird horizontal line at bottom of the screen while in Carplay? This is Carlinkit unit.

Old 08-03-20, 08:38 AM
jtsai945
Driver School Candidate

Looks beautiful. I have the same echo issue as well while making a phone call. I remember there's a thread that's talking about some possible configuration to improve it, though it's Carlinkit unit (may still be applicable as it's basically the same as Road Top unit?)
Old 08-03-20, 09:35 AM
JayCee0919
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Road Top Update Password? Help!

So they sent me an update file but after taking things apart to plug in the usb I realize that i need a password for the road top unit to update. Since they are in bed there’s no way to get it.

doea anyone know the 4 digits I need to update this? I think someone else did this upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

James
Old 08-03-20, 09:36 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by JayCee0919
So they sent me an update file but after taking things apart to plug in the usb I realize that i need a password for the road top unit to update. Since they are in bed there’s no way to get it.

doea anyone know the 4 digits I need to update this? I think someone else did this upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

James
Try 8032...............
Old 08-03-20, 09:40 AM
JayCee0919
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Try 8032...............
LIFESAVER!

Effing legend!

thanks bro!