IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-20, 02:10 PM
Mogmin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would anyone be so kind to link to the Road Top firmware? I mistakenly flashed my unit with a Carlinkit firmware and need to flash it back. /facepalm/
Old 09-18-20, 10:14 AM
sml7781
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone tried this unit with ios 14 yet?
Old 09-18-20, 11:42 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

yea runs perfectly
The following users liked this post:
sml7781 (09-18-20)
Old 11-21-20, 04:42 AM
Voronmetro
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, help me, I just tried to connect Carlik to my car, but my joystick does not work. It might take a while for it to work, I waited about a minute, but neither the joystick nor the buttons worked. Perhaps I am connecting something wrong?
I have IS 350 2015 with navigation and joystick

SET

2 This cable is used to connect to the joystick, but when you connect it, it stops working, the cable says that it is for *****, probably the wrong cable was sent

3 Did you use this wire in your setup? The instructions say that it is not needed for cars with a joystick

box

box2

head

4 How should these wires be connected, do you need to put a loop?

6 Did you use this wire? The wire says that it is for **** control

My car

7 My connection option

1)Maybe I was just waiting for the joystick to work?

2)Have you connected anything other than the blue cable to the screen?

3)
I used 1 installation option from the instructions

4) I turned on 2345 switches

After several hours in the car, I got a working joystick, but only on the OEM screen, I connected a jumper.

In the package, the jumper was connected to the cable that connects to the joystick. As I wrote earlier, my joystick cable is marked with a ****. I took the jumper out of the cable and plugged it into the cable that goes from the head unit to the carLK box. After that, my joystick started working on the OEM screen, but still does not work on the CarLK screen, I connect the phone and see the carplay screen, but I can not do anything.

The instructions say that first you need to select the AUX source. after that press the menu button for 4 seconds it switches the screen, but I have empty in the AUX menu and pressing the menu button does not change anything

Last edited by Voronmetro; 11-21-20 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-22-20, 05:29 AM
Voronmetro
Driver School Candidate

Finally, I managed to start it, working with a joystick is a pain. but I am quite controlled by Siri. The only thing I want to update is software, but I need a password, I will ask the seller.
For the joystick to work, the first toggle switch must be turned on. Now I have 1-2-5 turned on, I did not see the difference between 1-2-3-4-5
Old 12-17-20, 10:08 AM
Dev3is
Rookie

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
You can follow Beatsonic install of their unit. The boxes are different but should be very similar but I would not remove glove box you can tuck in the unit behind the radio.

https://youtu.be/xW3Sp1KRbhs
This is actually my car they worked on lol
I worked with them to get this on the Non-Nav IS, i worked with Beatsonic and thier developer to make sure this was all good and running and ran tests to give them LOG data to make sure it was perfect i have been running with this beatsonic one over a year without a problem. it sounds very close to my OEM BT connection setting so I like it, I also use an App with equalizers to help out as well to go more custom on sound and using a its own Audio Engine(Helped a lot). I will be adding a AAWireless Box module to this to have a wireless Android Auto Setup with my Pixel 5; the only issue i have come across was with Calls, when taking a call with this connected I heard some people hear me chopped up. So i just get off AA to my OEM screen and its fine. With the AAWireless Box module that should fix that since it will be hooked up through a Wifi GHz and it will act as a the UX200T android auto.

But BeatsonicUsa has been amazing in support and i'm glad I can tell the developers exactly what's is happening and how to get to it so they can fix the code, as a software engineer myself I have even told them I can help out if need be with debugging to make this product perfect (which so far it is other than the call bug, which they said can be fixed with a external mic but for im fine with the way i do it for now till I get the AAWireless Box module )

Ay questions can reach me on my insta @dev_3is, happy to answer any questions on the Beatsonic one
Old 12-17-20, 10:13 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Just wondering, is there a new software for the roadtop carplay/AA module? Mine is working fine, but just wondering whether there is a newer one, that MCU verion file, thanks..
Old 12-17-20, 10:51 AM
Voronmetro
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-319-a-38.html

post 545-546
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (12-17-20)
Old 12-17-20, 11:07 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Voronmetro
Thanks, mate.... can I assume roadtop's version can also use the updates?
Old 12-22-20, 09:56 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking over this thread here, 11 pages is a lot to parse.

Can anyone give me a TL;DR for 2018 IS 350 F-Sport AWD Navi+Mark Levinson, does this work fairly seamlessly? Seem there are joystick issues, camera issues, etc... Or perhaps new firmware has solved all that?

I'm considering installing this. Wouldn't be my first time installing CarPlay, or a new head unit for that matter.
Old 05-28-21, 08:12 PM
yousufmian
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default iPhone X, wireless carplay keeps rebooting

Hey all! My roadtop unit has been amazing. But today it stopped working for my iPhone X. If I use wireless carplay it literally keeps rebooting the roadtop unit again and again. And when I use wired, it reboots once and doesn't recognize my phone until I reconnect . Then it reboots and stops recognizing.

This only happens with my iPhone X . I tried other i phones and it works just fine.

I even updated my software to latest iOS. Any one seen this happen before?
Old 05-29-21, 12:52 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by yousufmian
Hey all! My roadtop unit has been amazing. But today it stopped working for my iPhone X. If I use wireless carplay it literally keeps rebooting the roadtop unit again and again. And when I use wired, it reboots once and doesn't recognize my phone until I reconnect . Then it reboots and stops recognizing.

This only happens with my iPhone X . I tried other i phones and it works just fine.

I even updated my software to latest iOS. Any one seen this happen before?
Record the error, get roadtop's watsapp number and send them the video, detailing as much as possible how the phone is connected, the version of the module firmware (take a pic of it), IOS version and how to exactly replicate the error. They will get back to you, might be abit slow, especially since it's the weekend, but so far they have responded to every of my enquiry without fail and troubleshoot a couple of times.
Old 06-11-21, 08:59 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Lexion unit and larger screen Installed today. Spent about 20 minutes with one of the managers of the shop. We both figured it out together. Works great. Sound is
excellent. Steering wheel buttons work fine. The tech returned and said to hold Menu to return to the Lexus menu, which saved a few
steps. I'll play with it more tomorrow. The larger screen is amazing! A CL member is coming here tomorrow to check it out. Three thumbs up!
Old 08-25-22, 01:40 PM
metr0wy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I have front camera interface from Beatsonic where it's hooked up to OEM screen with blue connector. Not sure I can keep it if I install Wireless Carplay unit, I basically need to daisy chain both of these units together. Does any of you guys also have Beatsonic front camera switch installed with Carplay?
Hi dojoman,

topic a bit unearthed, however, I wanted to ask if you managed to connect carplay and front beatsonic camera at the same time?
Old 03-25-23, 11:06 PM
Philionair
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Lexion unit and larger screen Installed today. Spent about 20 minutes with one of the managers of the shop. We both figured it out together. Works great. Sound is
excellent. Steering wheel buttons work fine. The tech returned and said to hold Menu to return to the Lexus menu, which saved a few
steps. I'll play with it more tomorrow. The larger screen is amazing! A CL member is coming here tomorrow to check it out. Three thumbs up!
Nice! Would love to see a video/demonstration of your unit. I'm still on the edge with this project

Quick Reply: New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen