IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto for oem 10.25 screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-23, 08:30 AM
Mutik
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Lexion unit and larger screen Installed today. Spent about 20 minutes with one of the managers of the shop. We both figured it out together. Works great. Sound is
excellent. Steering wheel buttons work fine. The tech returned and said to hold Menu to return to the Lexus menu, which saved a few
steps. I'll play with it more tomorrow. The larger screen is amazing! A CL member is coming here tomorrow to check it out. Three thumbs up!
I have a quick question if you can help. I was wondering if you can use google maps without a phone on the lexion unit. I got rid of my smartphone recently and while im loving life without it, I miss google maps in my car (and spotify etc lol). I have a wifi plan on the vehicle so my thinking was to install the lexion unit and use google maps directly, is that possible?
Old 03-29-23, 03:39 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutik
I have a quick question if you can help. I was wondering if you can use google maps without a phone on the lexion unit. I got rid of my smartphone recently and while im loving life without it, I miss google maps in my car (and spotify etc lol). I have a wifi plan on the vehicle so my thinking was to install the lexion unit and use google maps directly, is that possible?
I don't see how you can use Google Maps or any other app on CarPlay or Android Auto without a phone. Lexion works with apps from the phone. Where else would Google Maps come from?
Maybe someone else has another idea.
Old 03-29-23, 03:41 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by Philionair
Nice! Would love to see a video/demonstration of your unit. I'm still on the edge with this project
Sorry, I'm not up to doing a video demo of the unit. Be rest assured it works flawlessly. Good luck!
Old 03-30-23, 08:09 AM
Mutik
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I don't see how you can use Google Maps or any other app on CarPlay or Android Auto without a phone. Lexion works with apps from the phone. Where else would Google Maps come from?
Maybe someone else has another idea.
From what I can see of the demos online it seems like there are apps installed on the Lexion OS itself which can be accessed without a phone, thats why I ask.
Old 03-30-23, 08:50 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutik
From what I can see of the demos online it seems like there are apps installed on the Lexion OS itself which can be accessed without a phone, thats why I ask.
Does the unit have it’s own cellular radio and a SIM card slot?
Old 03-04-24, 10:43 AM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Bringing this thread to life. I just placed an order for my 2016 IS200t - Non Nav with rotating ****. Hopefully, the installation will be smoothly.
Old 03-11-24, 07:14 AM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a question for members who have installed the system. Did you guys disconnect the "Negative" battery cable before the installation? Most of the videos did not mention about it (except one). The reason I asked. I've replaced many, many batteries on Toyota and Lexus before without any issue. Except last time, I disconnected the Negative cable from my RC for 10 min to see that the car reset the passenger "air bag" sensor and it "killed" the ML radio . Lucky, extended warranty covered to replace the ML radio.

Old 03-12-24, 10:19 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I had a really great place near my house install the Lexion unit. There were two units to be installed when I got mine.
Now I understand there is only one. It continues to work flawlessly.
Old 03-17-24, 06:08 AM
Carputech
Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

OEM Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Upgrade Module For Lexus IS 2013-2022

https://www.carputech.com/products/o...47810890826013

Carputech Carplay Upgrade Module system is an Linux-based car infotainment add-on that integrates into your vehicle factory (OEM) stereo. It works seamlessly with the existing car stereo screen/display, sound system, and buttons/controls.
CarPlay: Via USB or Wireless. Add navigation, phone calls, messages and music apps easily with your iPhone to your car stereo.
Android Auto®: Via USB and Wireless. Add navigation and media apps easily with your Android phone. Simply plug it in via a Type-C cable to the USB port and ready to go! Phone calls go through the factory system.
Voice Activation: Voice activation allows use of voice control over navigation with Google, Waze, Sygic, and HereWeGo maps.
Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and aftermarket CarPlay/Android Auto systems for various vehicle brands.
Web : www.carputech.com E-mail : support@Carputech.com
Welcome any inquires. Thank you.