Search this Thread

Old 06-12-20, 01:35 PM
mario350
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission issue?

FullSizeRender.mov

Hi all,

I’ve been having intermittent issues lately when driving my 2014 Lexus IS350 RWD, I noticed that when I put my car into drive the slip indicator will starting blinking as I stepped on the gas and the rpms would not move what so ever, also I sometimes get a message to Check ABS and Check BSM, I have attached photos and video of the issue, the photos were taken all within a minute as the message popped up it went away almost immediately, and the video was later that day when I started having the slip indicator issue and no rpm movement. However, I do not believe that it is a transmission problem as on other days it drives fine and the gears change as they normally would, I am just assuming it might be. Has anyone else had this problem, if so please let me know, I am currently about to check all the wiring to see if they’re all connected good.
Old 06-13-20, 08:27 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

My guess is that it is not the tranny either...which is good news.
If I had to guess, I'd say that you are having an issue with one of the ABS sensors, and that is causing the ABS and BSM malfunctions...which is also why the RPM's may not be moving, the computer may be thinking you are in some kind of slip situation.

Has the vehicle been is for any repairs lately or in an accident?
If you have access to a Techstream, when the warning lights are on that is the perfect time to check for the codes...then you should know exactly where the malfunction is.
Old 06-13-20, 12:20 PM
mario350
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
My guess is that it is not the tranny either...which is good news.
If I had to guess, I'd say that you are having an issue with one of the ABS sensors, and that is causing the ABS and BSM malfunctions...which is also why the RPM's may not be moving, the computer may be thinking you are in some kind of slip situation.

Has the vehicle been is for any repairs lately or in an accident?
If you have access to a Techstream, when the warning lights are on that is the perfect time to check for the codes...then you should know exactly where the malfunction is.
No, I haven’t had any repairs or any accident lately, I’m thinking in just taking it to the shop this coming week and leaving it there for the week to see if they are able to replicate the issue, hopefully they are able to figure what’s wrong.
Old 06-13-20, 12:23 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Sometimes the codes may even be stored in the History section of the ECU, so they may still be able to see the codes even if the lights aren't on.
Unfortunately without the codes it's pretty much a crap shoot as to what the malfunctioning part is...I think it's safe to say the part will be in the ABS system, but that still leaves you several possibilities.