IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Wrong jump start

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-20, 06:26 PM
Abuwriek
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrong jump start

hello...plz help!! I have lexus is300hybrid 2013,non mark levinson.
i jumpstarted my car wrong(negative on postive) then i correct them and my car started ok. After a while i noticed the the nav screen off(black) and there is no sound(no music no radio no back camera.....) .
Then i took it to some electrics and they checked everything(fuses, harnesses,the screen itself, the amplifier)and told me its probablyyy the stereo thats fried.not very sure because the stereo is on and the light on it is on also ,and it can take cd and eject it normally... what do you think plz?
and what all that harnesses that plugs on the stereo?
thx🙃

Last edited by Abuwriek; 07-12-20 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-12-20, 06:48 PM
cindyshepp
Driver School Candidate

Default Happened to me today

Originally Posted by Abuwriek
hello...plz help!! I have lexus is300hybrid 2013,non mark levinson.
i jumpstarted my car wrong(negative on postive) then i correct them and my car started ok. After a while i noticed the the nav screen off(black) and there is no sound(no music no radio no back camera.....) .
Then i took it to some electrics and they checked everything(fuses, harnesses,the screen itself, the amplifier)and told me its probablyyy the stereo thats fried.not very sure because the stereo is on and the light on it is on also ,and it can take cd and eject it normally... what do you think plz?
and what all that harnesses that plugs on the stereo?
thx🙃
This happened to me today. I had Lexus roadside come jump my car. Then the screen was completely black. I searched on here and there is a thread that tells you what to do. You have to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then press start and hold down the volume button. I couldn’t get the positive connector off. I only got the negative off and then gave up because I couldn’t pull it off. I reconnected the negative and it started up with the screen working. It was only about 10 minutes.
Old 07-12-20, 06:57 PM
Abuwriek
Rookie

Originally Posted by cindyshepp
This happened to me today. I had Lexus roadside come jump my car. Then the screen was completely black. I searched on here and there is a thread that tells you what to do. You have to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then press start and hold down the volume button. I couldn’t get the positive connector off. I only got the negative off and then gave up because I couldn’t pull it off. I reconnected the negative and it started up with the screen working. It was only about 10 minutes.
thx alot but i did that many times and it didnt work😔
Old 07-12-20, 07:05 PM
Abuwriek
Rookie

Originally Posted by cindyshepp
Thx... did you hold the volume button while the battery is disconnected? Or after you reconnect the negative battery terminal??
Old 07-12-20, 08:59 PM
cindyshepp
Driver School Candidate

I actually did not. I just had to start it and the Lexus came up on the screen right away.
The following users liked this post:
Abuwriek (07-15-20)