IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Grom Vline 2 short review, 14-16 IS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-21, 12:16 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Looks like a great unit! I have the Lexion, which I like very much as well. The only thing is, if I am playing music in Lexus on occasion and in CarPlay
using Google Maps for instance, if a phone call comes in, I cannot hear audio or talk to the person without going into Lexus and changing it to Aux so CarPlay
audio will work, or grabbing my phone and changing the setting on the fly while the call is coming in, which is too dangerous to do while driving. Other than that, Lexion works wonderfully.
Can you answer calls and respond when using Lexus audio while in CarPlay, if you ever do? If not, can you try it out? Just curious. Thanks!
I hope you're not watching videos while driving. Great review of this unit.
sorry I don’t think I understand your issue. You’re saying you listen to music on the factory Bluetooth? Then in carplay at the same time? I don’t see how that’s possible as you can only be in one input at a time. Carplay would use the AUX input and factory music would be under the Bluetooth input; therefore, u csnt be in those at the same time. Unless I’m understanding it wrong??

another Thing I forgot to mention is to make sure you “forget” ur phone under the factory Bluetooth menu.
Old 12-06-21, 01:59 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
sorry I don’t think I understand your issue. You’re saying you listen to music on the factory Bluetooth? Then in carplay at the same time? I don’t see how that’s possible as you can only be in one input at a time. Carplay would use the AUX input and factory music would be under the Bluetooth input; therefore, u csnt be in those at the same time. Unless I’m understanding it wrong??

another Thing I forgot to mention is to make sure you “forget” ur phone under the factory Bluetooth menu.
I'm listening to radio or CD in Lexus and using Google Maps in Lexion, with no sound, because I can't have both at the same time.
The issue is when phone calls come in, I have no audio for the phone as audio is currently in Lexus and not Lexion (CarPlay).
I tried removing Bluetooth and it didn't help this audio issue. If I never use audio in Lexus, it's not an issue, but I do on occasion.
I'm curious if your unit will do this. It's the only issue that has arisen.
Old 12-06-21, 02:20 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm listening to radio or CD in Lexus and using Google Maps in Lexion, with no sound, because I can't have both at the same time.
The issue is when phone calls come in, I have no audio for the phone as audio is currently in Lexus and not Lexion (CarPlay).
I tried removing Bluetooth and it didn't help this audio issue. If I never use audio in Lexus, it's not an issue, but I do on occasion.
I'm curious if your unit will do this. It's the only issue that has arisen.

ohhh I see what you mean now. Yes in my unit, any carplay interaction automatically switches to AUX and goes into the carplay screen

if u see the attached picture. In the carplay settings, I have it enabled to switch to carplay automatically instead of manual. This way, any carplay action will bring me to the carplay screen. So even if I’m inside the android sceeen, watching YouTube and a call comes in, it opens carplay UI. Same with if I’m in factory radio, and calls comes in, it’ll switch to aux and the carplay UI. if u set the carplay setting to switch manually, then it won’t.

The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (12-06-21)
Old 12-06-21, 03:13 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

ohhh I see what you mean now. Yes in my unit, any carplay interaction automatically switches to AUX and goes into the carplay screen

if u see the attached picture. In the carplay settings, I have it enabled to switch to carplay automatically instead of manual. This way, any carplay action will bring me to the carplay screen. So even if I’m inside the android sceeen, watching YouTube and a call comes in, it opens carplay UI. Same with if I’m in factory radio, and calls comes in, it’ll switch to aux and the carplay UI. if u set the carplay setting to switch manually, then it won’t.
Excellent! I don't think I have this setting in Lexion, but I'll look.
Old 12-06-21, 03:51 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Excellent! I don't think I have this setting in Lexion, but I'll look.
We don’t have this setting in Lexion. It can’t control the audio input method on Lexus side you have to manually switch to AUX. luckily I don’t receive that many calls anyway.
Jazzrock (12-06-21)
Old 12-06-21, 04:41 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by dojoman
We don’t have this setting in Lexion. It can’t control the audio input method on Lexus side you have to manually switch to AUX. luckily I don’t receive that many calls anyway.
Me either. Very few calls. I just wait until the call is done, switch to Aux and call back.
dojoman (12-06-21)
Old 01-21-22, 10:36 PM
gbutler24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mines a 2017 Lexus is350 with factory navi. It’s a **** control, not touch.

here’s a video with a walkthru

https://youtu.be/AAtxflhVO28
This video was perfect. Question. How quickly is this ready to go after starting the car? Do you have to wait for 30 sec + boot window like with the screen replacement android units? Also, was this installed behind the glove box?