IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2021+ IS Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-24, 10:31 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

I "commuted" in my IS 500 for the first time yesterday. For some context, I work remotely and normally don't have anywhere to which to commute. Yesterday, my teammates and I wanted to meet in person. Atlanta traffic aside, it was a nice little outing!

I should have taken more photos lol.

The following 9 users liked this post by arentz07:
aprtur (01-27-24), Bechtold (01-12-24), cerbois (01-12-24), DLPTony (01-12-24), FreddyG (01-13-24), ISFLexy (03-10-24), kj07xk (01-12-24), LA20671 (01-12-24), RussellTeo (06-29-24) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-24, 12:59 PM
aprtur
Rookie

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I "commuted" in my IS 500 for the first time yesterday. For some context, I work remotely and normally don't have anywhere to which to commute.
Same here - it's a bizarre feeling after commuting for many years, but it does make driving somewhere a little bit more special. I'm due to finally get my car back this coming week after the theft in November, and will be looking forward to getting it out again...the rental Pathfinder has felt like driving a school bus...lol. Will have to share some photos, as well - the car is now on the graphite Enkeis.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (01-27-24)
Old 01-28-24, 12:14 PM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 117 Likes on 77 Posts

Was very foggy the other evening, i love how tailights pop in that lighting

The following 6 users liked this post by Nexus713:
aprtur (01-28-24), arentz07 (01-28-24), cerbois (01-28-24), DLPTony (02-10-24), FreddyG (01-29-24), twalls (02-17-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-10-24, 01:20 PM
twalls
Driver

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Installed the bags, and got them dialed in yesterday... LOVING IT.. Night and day ride quality..

fully dumped

Ride height

Side view of Ride Height.
The following 8 users liked this post by twalls:
arentz07 (02-10-24), blackangus (02-16-24), DLPTony (02-10-24), FreddyG (02-11-24), Incognito23 (02-13-24), LA20671 (02-12-24), Nexus713 (02-10-24), snowyblue (02-12-24) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-11-24, 09:49 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by twalls
Installed the bags, and got them dialed in yesterday... LOVING IT.. Night and day ride quality..

fully dumped

Ride height

Side view of Ride Height.
WOW!!!!! Your Is is Gorgeous and your ride height stance is on point!

Which controller and stuff did you use (tanks size, air line size, one or two compressors, 3H or 3P, accuair, airlift,etc) and can you please post up some pictures of your setup? I've been thinking of doing that to our ES350 because my Wife doesn't like the ride (too stiff for an "Ultra Luxury" and I'd have to agree with her). How do you like the ride so far?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-24, 07:26 AM
twalls
Driver

Originally Posted by FreddyG
WOW!!!!! Your Is is Gorgeous and your ride height stance is on point!

Which controller and stuff did you use (tanks size, air line size, one or two compressors, 3H or 3P, accuair, airlift,etc) and can you please post up some pictures of your setup? I've been thinking of doing that to our ES350 because my Wife doesn't like the ride (too stiff for an "Ultra Luxury" and I'd have to agree with her). How do you like the ride so far?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks so much... I appreciate it..

I went w/ the 3H, but didn't install the 3H sensors for now.. So it's basically the 3P system.. I went w/ a 4 gallon tank, 3/8" lines, one compressor and I'm on airlift performance..
Each format is different.. This is for the IS, so I'm not sure how it would differ for the ES, but their website makes it really easy to just put in your make and model and what they suggest for your platform will be spot on for what you need..
The ride is NIGHT AND DAY based on me coming from springs... I had a G35 on coils as well, and this is EASILY the best driving experience I've ever had on a lowered car.. I'd definitely recommend it.. I feel like i can drive normally and not worry about trying to avoid every pebble on the road.
FreddyG (02-12-24)
Old 02-12-24, 01:24 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Thanks so much... I appreciate it..

I went w/ the 3H, but didn't install the 3H sensors for now.. So it's basically the 3P system.. I went w/ a 4 gallon tank, 3/8" lines, one compressor and I'm on airlift performance..
Each format is different.. This is for the IS, so I'm not sure how it would differ for the ES, but their website makes it really easy to just put in your make and model and what they suggest for your platform will be spot on for what you need..
The ride is NIGHT AND DAY based on me coming from springs... I had a G35 on coils as well, and this is EASILY the best driving experience I've ever had on a lowered car.. I'd definitely recommend it.. I feel like i can drive normally and not worry about trying to avoid every pebble on the road.
You're Welcome! You did a Great job and your IS is Stunning!

Thank You for the information too! It helps quite a bit for researching. How does the one compressor perform with the larger air lines? Can you Please take a couple of pictures of your lay out in the trunk to see what it looks like and how things are laid out and mounted?

Thanks again!
Old 02-13-24, 05:41 AM
twalls
Driver

You're Welcome! You did a Great job and your IS is Stunning!

Thank You for the information too! It helps quite a bit for researching. How does the one compressor perform with the larger air lines? Can you Please take a couple of pictures of your lay out in the trunk to see what it looks like and how things are laid out and mounted?

Thanks again!
With the weight of our cars, and me not just airing up and down for no reason, 1 compressor is plenty, and I've not had an issue w/ needing air and not having it.. I want longevity in my system.
I also put mine in the garage, and it's not just sitting out on the street exposed to the elements, so I think that will help too..
I had a custom piece made so that I had access to my seat levers and can still lay my seats down, and it also allowed me to put the tank and compressor ALL the way in the back, so I still have access to my spare tire and recouped all of my trunk space...

sizing

placement

carpeting so it looks seamless

compressor added and drilled for tank

all put together

everything installed w/ LEDs and in sync w/ Low Glow System
The following 2 users liked this post by twalls:
FreddyG (02-13-24), LA20671 (02-13-24)
Old 02-13-24, 10:31 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

With the weight of our cars, and me not just airing up and down for no reason, 1 compressor is plenty, and I've not had an issue w/ needing air and not having it.. I want longevity in my system.
I also put mine in the garage, and it's not just sitting out on the street exposed to the elements, so I think that will help too..
I had a custom piece made so that I had access to my seat levers and can still lay my seats down, and it also allowed me to put the tank and compressor ALL the way in the back, so I still have access to my spare tire and recouped all of my trunk space...

sizing

placement

carpeting so it looks seamless

compressor added and drilled for tank

all put together

everything installed w/ LEDs and in sync w/ Low Glow System
Thank You Twall's! Your install looks Great and that one of the things that I like about the IS over our ES, is that you can fold down the back seats (and that you can have the V6 AND AWD in the same package)! The red LED adds a nice touch to the finished product too!

Thanks again!
Old 02-13-24, 01:48 PM
twalls
Driver

Thank You Twall's! Your install looks Great and that one of the things that I like about the IS over our ES, is that you can fold down the back seats (and that you can have the V6 AND AWD in the same package)! The red LED adds a nice touch to the finished product too!

Thanks again!
Yeah, I have that spliced into my Low Glow system and it is in sync w/ that...

So it changes colors w/ the low glow on my car..

Another quality product.. Don't go w/ the ebay stuff..

Attached Files

Last edited by twalls; 02-13-24 at 02:11 PM.
FreddyG (02-14-24)
Old 02-14-24, 10:18 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Yeah, I have that spliced into my Low Glow system and it is in sync w/ that...

So it changes colors w/ the low glow on my car..

Another quality product.. Don't go w/ the ebay stuff..
That looks Great and in the dark, it kind of reminds me of the Batmobile!

Did you install the air setup by yourself or did you have it installed?
Old 02-14-24, 05:39 PM
aprtur
Rookie

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

Finally....nearly three months to the day, I've got her back after vandalism/theft repair. Maybe Valentine's Day was just meant to be : ]. Will have to take a better photo when I go for a longer drive Saturday, but it's looking great! For anyone in the DMV area, highly recommend Dominick at Criswell Collision if you want a writer who will take care of you.
The following 6 users liked this post by aprtur:
arentz07 (02-26-24), Bechtold (02-15-24), blackangus (02-16-24), FreddyG (02-15-24), LA20671 (02-15-24), twalls (02-17-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-15-24, 08:13 AM
twalls
Driver

That looks Great and in the dark, it kind of reminds me of the Batmobile!

Did you install the air setup by yourself or did you have it installed?
This is one I didn't tackle myself, but most of my mods I did... I let a shop that specialized in suspension installs help me out, didn't want leaks..
FreddyG (02-15-24)
Old 02-16-24, 08:37 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Twall: a very cool looking car, indeed.
Old 02-17-24, 03:56 AM
twalls
Driver

Originally Posted by blackangus
Twall: a very cool looking car, indeed.
Thank you very much.. She's coming along.. Now to save for the next... This mod bug is serious.. LOL.

Quick Reply: 2021+ IS Picture Thread