IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

HPS Charge Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-20, 11:47 PM
Dly200t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPS Charge Pipe

Just Wondering if anyone has The HPS Charge pipe installed on an IS200t or IS300, And what their thoughts on it are so far Like,
- Has it Improved Throttle response?
- Has it Increased or Decreased Cooling Efficiency?
- Do you Need a Tune before Installing?

Old 12-30-20, 07:37 AM
timghetta
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I have one on my IS200t, it's a lot better than the plastic one, but you'll never really see it.
Old 01-03-21, 06:24 PM
Dly200t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by timghetta
I have one on my IS200t, it's a lot better than the plastic one, but you'll never really see it.
​​​​​That Didn't really Explain in detail about anything, But thanks for the Input.
Old 01-03-21, 06:33 PM
timghetta
Driver

Oh Sorry,

Yeah it's better for flow but cooling no, throttle response no, you'll really won't see gains.
You gonna need to even out the whole system, intake, exhaust, etc.
If you want to make the car fun look into getting a tune from TTI Motorsports for the IS200t, that wakes the car up, or use a plug in box with a throttle controller.

I have the Stage2+ w/ TCU tune from TTI, it's great, I even tried out the Stage 1, with minimum parts on it, and that was a huge improvement.
Lexus dealer can't tell if you changed the tune or would even care. When you want to go back replace with stock ECU file.

Maybe in a couple months I might go with the hybrid turbo (stage 3)

Old 01-05-21, 11:05 AM
Dly200t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by timghetta
Oh Sorry,

Yeah it's better for flow but cooling no, throttle response no, you'll really won't see gains.
You gonna need to even out the whole system, intake, exhaust, etc.
If you want to make the car fun look into getting a tune from TTI Motorsports for the IS200t, that wakes the car up, or use a plug in box with a throttle controller.

I have the Stage2+ w/ TCU tune from TTI, it's great, I even tried out the Stage 1, with minimum parts on it, and that was a huge improvement.
Lexus dealer can't tell if you changed the tune or would even care. When you want to go back replace with stock ECU file.

Maybe in a couple months I might go with the hybrid turbo (stage 3)
That's the Info I was looking for Thank you timghetta, Yea so far I've done Remark Axelback, Takeda CAI and a J4 Tuner. I like the Look and color of the Charge pipes to, But Not really seeing any advantages to it from what your saying. Have yet to find a Good Midpipe for the 200t either the Invidia one is to raspy and Ricer for me, I prefer a deep Rumble.
Old 01-05-21, 12:28 PM
timghetta
Driver

Originally Posted by Dly200t
That's the Info I was looking for Thank you timghetta, Yea so far I've done Remark Axelback, Takeda CAI and a J4 Tuner. I like the Look and color of the Charge pipes to, But Not really seeing any advantages to it from what your saying. Have yet to find a Good Midpipe for the 200t either the Invidia one is to raspy and Ricer for me, I prefer a deep Rumble.
Leave stock mid pipe and go with a downpipe instead. If you have the cash get the charger pipe and TTI Motorsport's MDK (Muffler Delete Kit ) when they are available.
I am waiting for that and the DVS (Diverter Valve Spacer)