IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Custom Joe-Z Axleback + Tsudo midpipe quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-21, 02:04 PM
dappy9
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Custom Joe-Z Axleback + Tsudo midpipe quiet?

currently running a joez axleback with my custom tsudo midpipe that was modified to fit awd and I feel that it’s a bit quiet? I was running the whole tsudo catback prior and I feel like it’s just a tad louder. fyi the tsudo midpipe is catless, if i get a joe z midpipe, will it make a difference? they all look kinda similar between tsudo, joe-z, invidia, etc;
Old 01-10-21, 10:39 PM
ownnij
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

probably not. normally the midpipe consist of just a straight pipe and maybe 2 resonators. the thing that really muffles the exhaust sound is the muffler haha. so if you want something louder than you have to reduce the muffling.

there a few options.. you can go back to the Tsudo muffler or hack up some stuff like deleting your muffler. i would probably suggest changing your muffler.

you could try installing a performance header from PPE.. i heard it gets super loud though.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-13-21, 08:19 PM
dappy9
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ownnij
probably not. normally the midpipe consist of just a straight pipe and maybe 2 resonators. the thing that really muffles the exhaust sound is the muffler haha. so if you want something louder than you have to reduce the muffling.

there a few options.. you can go back to the Tsudo muffler or hack up some stuff like deleting your muffler. i would probably suggest changing your muffler.

you could try installing a performance header from PPE.. i heard it gets super loud though.

GOOD LUCK!
Gotcha, thanks for the suggestion!