IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2021 Lexus IS F Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-23, 05:26 AM
datis250
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed the 2021 fsport performance exhaust on my 16. While the exhaust fits like a glove for install, there is some poke as evident by the picture. The poke does not exceed the limits of the rear bumper though and many cars with exhaust upgrades have their exhausts sticking out a bit so it actually doesn’t look bad or unnatural irl.

The newest iteration of the 3is (21+) clearly have longer bumper and valences so Lexus lengthened the exhaust system which is what we see here. I thought about shortening it but doing so would require adjusting the hanger connection points which honestly may be more trouble than it’s worth. The factory system has beautiful welds… it would be a shame to see it altered.

the reason I went this route is because I got this from fb markwtplace for $1100cad. Here in Canada these exhausts really aren’t that common given their price point, especially on marketplace. I figured if I want to alter it, it realistically won’t cost more than a new one to do considering a new one is $2200cad with taxes…

overall I like the system. I have the fsport intake too. It is definitely noticeable while driving. It’s not fully stock and anyone with ears who is familiar with the car before the exhaust would notice the difference. You really don’t hear it come alive until about 4K rpm but around 2k rpm cruising you can still hear it humming lightly in the background. I might add apexi mids to bring out the growl more.. but I’ll reevaluate in a year. I don’t want the car to be noisy and this already adds some noise to the interior as it is. Just my 2c for anyone with the first iteration of the 3is considering the fsport exhaust specific for the 21s and up. It will fit but it won’t be how it should be.. but not in a bad way

Old 05-18-23, 04:20 PM
albertcado
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coconut
F-Sport Performance Exhaust installed. Startup is noticeable now with a tiny bit of crackle. Idles just like stock. Slight hum cruising from 1.5K - 3K RPM. Nice VQ like rasp above 4K RPM. Overall a mild exhaust. Fairly easy install. Chock front wheels, jack up the rear from the differential, place jack stands at the rear pinch welds, remove the x4 14mm flange bolts, slide mufflers off the rubber hangers. Install new muffles in the reverse order.

How's the fitment? I didn't install mine myself but it came with my car as a port installed option. My passenger side exhaust sits about an inch lower and I can see the middle y-pipe also sitting slightly lower.
Any advice on how I can readjust or fix the fitment? I'm guessing they just stuck it on there at the port instead of taking their time and adjusting the fit...
Old 05-18-23, 09:49 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 307 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by albertcado
How's the fitment? I didn't install mine myself but it came with my car as a port installed option. My passenger side exhaust sits about an inch lower and I can see the middle y-pipe also sitting slightly lower.
Any advice on how I can readjust or fix the fitment? I'm guessing they just stuck it on there at the port instead of taking their time and adjusting the fit...
Check underneath and see if the hangers are adjustable. If not, you can buy adjustable hangers to pull it up a bit.
Just go to Amazon and search for ‘exhaust hanger’. A local auto parts store should have them too.
Old 04-20-24, 08:38 PM
NYIS300awdFS
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by datis250

I just installed the 2021 fsport performance exhaust on my 16. While the exhaust fits like a glove for install, there is some poke as evident by the picture. The poke does not exceed the limits of the rear bumper though and many cars with exhaust upgrades have their exhausts sticking out a bit so it actually doesn’t look bad or unnatural irl.

The newest iteration of the 3is (21+) clearly have longer bumper and valences so Lexus lengthened the exhaust system which is what we see here. I thought about shortening it but doing so would require adjusting the hanger connection points which honestly may be more trouble than it’s worth. The factory system has beautiful welds… it would be a shame to see it altered.

the reason I went this route is because I got this from fb markwtplace for $1100cad. Here in Canada these exhausts really aren’t that common given their price point, especially on marketplace. I figured if I want to alter it, it realistically won’t cost more than a new one to do considering a new one is $2200cad with taxes…

overall I like the system. I have the fsport intake too. It is definitely noticeable while driving. It’s not fully stock and anyone with ears who is familiar with the car before the exhaust would notice the difference. You really don’t hear it come alive until about 4K rpm but around 2k rpm cruising you can still hear it humming lightly in the background. I might add apexi mids to bring out the growl more.. but I’ll reevaluate in a year. I don’t want the car to be noisy and this already adds some noise to the interior as it is. Just my 2c for anyone with the first iteration of the 3is considering the fsport exhaust specific for the 21s and up. It will fit but it won’t be how it should be.. but not in a bad way
Disappointing to see, was hoping it would fit my 2017