IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

In the Market for a new car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-21, 05:26 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Personally, I love the circuit red, had it in my RC and felt it suited the F Sport theme well, there is just a bit too much as others have said. I have been in my white/black interior for about a month and a bit now and the love grows daily. I have received so many positive feed back on how amazing it looks and I agree, but I am biased. That is likely what will make me skip the IS500 as I suspect it will be available in black or red only
Old 06-22-21, 05:45 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Personally, I love the circuit red, had it in my RC and felt it suited the F Sport theme well, there is just a bit too much as others have said. I have been in my white/black interior for about a month and a bit now and the love grows daily. I have received so many positive feed back on how amazing it looks and I agree, but I am biased. That is likely what will make me skip the IS500 as I suspect it will be available in black or red only
I think the white and black looks Awesome!

I would like the IS500 but it will be too dammed expensive. Especially with the car prices getting worse and worse due to chip shortage. Here In California I bet there will be that "adjusted market value" amount right below MSRP. Even in states that outlaw that sort of thing it will still be done.. Dealer will probably just drive it 50 miles or so and call it used...
Old 06-25-21, 09:25 AM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer00J
I see your point. OP needs to decide if the extra power or overall color scheme is more important to him.

It was different for me when I was shopping around because the F Sport trim was a available on every IS. USB was my main reason for wanting an F Sport as it was the only way to get that color. Unfortunately, the only four USB IS300s I could find for sale all had red interiors. I like the blue paint and I like the red interior, but not together - looks like Spiderman 2099's car. Lol. So that was a no go for me.

I figured if I wasn't getting USB, I didn't care enough about the F Sport appearance stuff to consider another color. So I got a non F Sport IS300 with the caramel interior because I really liked how it looked with the pearl white paint.
So, I was going to go with the red interior. Found a car but it was sold out from underneath me. The search has been exhausting. What was important to me was Mark Levinson and white exterior. Finding one has been extremely time-consuming.
Old 06-25-21, 09:30 AM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GaryJG
if you can live w/black interior the IS350 looks many times better. Besides the cool gauges, comfortable seats w/lumbar (300's removed lumbar support for some odd reason) bigger engine and tuned suspension, the outside is where it really separates from the 300. You get the nicer 19" staggered wheels that give it an aggressive stance vs. the squared 18" set up that doesn't fill the wheel well gap enough, shiny black trim pieces vs. the normal black, nicer black grill with brake cooling ducts and w/o chrome accents, deck spoiler and sportier diffuser with thicker chrome exhaust tips vs the 300's thinner tips.

It's not like years past where an IS 300 looked exactly like a 350, with basically the only difference being the engine. Now there is a more defined separation of the two.
I decided to stick with the 350. The 19 in Wheels we're also a big plus.
Old 06-25-21, 09:36 AM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

So I finally found a car. Everything has been secured pick up is probably tomorrow. Having to drive 5 hours to get it. The lack of vehicles is unreal.

350f it is white exterior with black interior. Mark Levinson system, the intuitive panoramic parking thing, sunroof, illuminated door Sills, and trunk mats Etc.

I did decide to go with a paint protection. Not the film but more of the nanotechnology. Anybody have any experience with this?
Old 06-25-21, 09:38 AM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

I also kept the floor mats the trunk mat the cargo net and everything out of my 2014 is. Will probably be looking to sell it if anybody is interested.
Old 06-25-21, 11:50 AM
FH212
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DorkFish
So I finally found a car. Everything has been secured pick up is probably tomorrow. Having to drive 5 hours to get it. The lack of vehicles is unreal.

350f it is white exterior with black interior. Mark Levinson system, the intuitive panoramic parking thing, sunroof, illuminated door Sills, and trunk mats Etc.

I did decide to go with a paint protection. Not the film but more of the nanotechnology. Anybody have any experience with this?
Finding a car is super difficult. I got lucky my local dealer had a Infrared IS350 that was built and shipping out next week that did not have a deposit on it. I changed that quickly! So now the wait for it getting here has begun. I do not have experience with Nanotech but I would assume thats for water spotting and swirls maybe? Like ceramic coating? If so it cant hurt to do it. I will be doing the front end of the IS in Xpel PPF. I don't want that front end and hood all chipped up from the gravel on our crappy roads here.
The following users liked this post:
DorkFish (06-26-21)
Old 06-25-21, 01:48 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i was looking for any is model with white exterior and rioja red interior with f sport package and low mileage.

it was hard to find and then i finally found one and without thinking bought it.

happy with the car but forgot to check the stereo system…was too excited.

i assumed it came with good speakers and upgraded stereo system but I was wrong and now I am paying extra $2400 for speakers, amp, and sub.

lesson learned…don’t get too excited.
take your time, get exactly what you want.
Old 06-25-21, 02:03 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

congratulations.

That's what I wanted back in January, but they only had the color in DHP at the time so I got Atomic Silver. Hopefully you got a fair deal.
Old 06-26-21, 04:17 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats. Is it a DHP? I actually went with white and red interior. It really pops and I've gotten compliments, whoever sees it in person. But the black interior is nice too.
Old 06-26-21, 08:21 PM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by andy350
i was looking for any is model with white exterior and rioja red interior with f sport package and low mileage.

it was hard to find and then i finally found one and without thinking bought it.

happy with the car but forgot to check the stereo system…was too excited.

i assumed it came with good speakers and upgraded stereo system but I was wrong and now I am paying extra $2400 for speakers, amp, and sub.

lesson learned…don’t get too excited.
take your time, get exactly what you want.
it took me quite a while to find mine. Wanted White, Mark Levinson system, after two weeks of hunting I finally found one.
Old 06-26-21, 08:23 PM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GaryJG
congratulations.

That's what I wanted back in January, but they only had the color in DHP at the time so I got Atomic Silver. Hopefully you got a fair deal.

thank you! Yeah this one doesn't have dhp. I wanted that but unfortunately I had to kind of settle
Old 06-26-21, 08:23 PM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS
Congrats. Is it a DHP? I actually went with white and red interior. It really pops and I've gotten compliments, whoever sees it in person. But the black interior is nice too.
thank you! Unfortunately no. I couldn't find one with that. So I decided to go without it.
Old 06-26-21, 08:26 PM
DorkFish
Driver School Candidate

Here she is...
The following 4 users liked this post by DorkFish:
arentz07 (06-29-21), GNS (06-26-21), Racer00J (06-27-21), tony619 (06-30-21)
Old 06-26-21, 09:13 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,969 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Here she is...
congrats! What was your price?

Quick Reply: In the Market for a new car...