Windows don’t work

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-21, 04:02 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Windows don’t work

I have 2016 is200t f sport.

I just got all new speakers put in and now i can’t control the windows from drivers side.

From the drivers side:
my drivers window goes up and down but one touch window down and one touch window up don’t work.

Also, can not control all other windows from drivers seat.
Also, can not lock doors from drivers seat.
Also, can not set mirrors.

All other windows work perfect with their own button.

I just can’t control anything from drivers seat.

please help

thank you
Old 07-01-21, 05:12 PM
Farina300
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm fairly certain all the windows have an auto up and down function. Try this, go to each window switch, push the switch all the way down and hold it for another second or two after the window has reached fully open. Now pull the switch up and again hold it for a second or two after it's reached the top. This basically resets the window limiter to know where fully down and fully up is. After this procedure, your master switch (driver door) should operate all of them again normally.

- Shane
Old 07-01-21, 05:43 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Did not work.

all the other windows auto up auto down work individually but can’t control anything from drivers side

also auto up and auto down does not work on drivers window
Old 07-01-21, 10:27 PM
andy350
Intermediate

I also first thought it just needed window reset but that didn’t work.

The problem is the windows and locks and mirror setting don’t work from drivers side.

it’s not just the windows…
the locks don’t work and mirror settings don’t work

only thing works is the driver window goes up and down but not on auto one click …have to hold window switch down to get it all the way down
Old 07-02-21, 12:39 AM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

might be the driver's side windows switch. in my old corolla, it stopped working completely, when i swapped the switch (all the buttons) with a used OEM part, it was working like normal again
Old 07-02-21, 05:48 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

I would suggest checking the 5A P/W fuse under the dash...it's either blown, removed, or loose.
For the Driver's window to work it doesn't need that fuse, but for the Master Switch to control the other windows, doors, and mirrors, they all require that fuse to power the IC circuit in the Master Switch.

Edit: That fuse is also required for the Driver's Auto Up/Down to function.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (07-02-21)
Old 07-03-21, 01:52 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Left the battery disconnected overnight to reset everything and now the navigation screen does not turn on.

what could be the problem
Old 07-04-21, 07:52 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I would suggest checking the 5A P/W fuse under the dash...it's either blown, removed, or loose.
For the Driver's window to work it doesn't need that fuse, but for the Master Switch to control the other windows, doors, and mirrors, they all require that fuse to power the IC circuit in the Master Switch.

Edit: That fuse is also required for the Driver's Auto Up/Down to function.
@andy350 Did you check the 5A P/W fuse?

Perhaps concentrate on fixing one issue before creating others.
andy350 (07-04-21)
Old 07-04-21, 08:47 AM
andy350
Intermediate

My car is still at my local stereo shop; they keep creating more problems…they call me everyday with updates and I report them here.

they decided to reset everything by leaving the battery unplugged overnight and now the navigation screen went blank.

I will tell them to check the fuse.

thank you.
Old 07-05-21, 07:46 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by andy350
My car is still at my local stereo shop; they keep creating more problems…they call me everyday with updates and I report them here.

they decided to reset everything by leaving the battery unplugged overnight and now the navigation screen went blank.

I will tell them to check the fuse.

thank you.
Sorry...I thought you were checking the vehicle, I didn't realize it was still at the audio shop.
It looks like they are getting further down the rabbit hole on this one.

The fuse will likely fix the window issue...now you just need to address the radio issue. Hopefully there isn't a third problem they have created.
andy350 (07-05-21)
Old 07-05-21, 06:52 PM
andy350
Intermediate

The audio shop opens back up tomorrow…they were closed for the long weekend holiday.

They installed my bass control **** under near where the fuse panel is so I think u are correct about the fuse problem being loose or out of place…hopefully that solves the windows problem.

what do u think about the navigation screen being blank…I read somewhere on here you can reset or reload the navigation by doing the following:

Old 07-06-21, 04:57 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

The audio shop opens back up tomorrow…they were closed for the long weekend holiday.

They installed my bass control **** under near where the fuse panel is so I think u are correct about the fuse problem being loose or out of place…hopefully that solves the windows problem.

what do u think about the navigation screen being blank…I read somewhere on here you can reset or reload the navigation by doing the following:
The procedure described above isn't really a reset procedure.
Whenever the battery is disconnect and then reconnected and the vehicle started it will reload the system software for the radio/navigation unit.
At Step 3 if the vehicle was started the same process would have unfolded of the system reloading the software.

If the shop disconnected the battery and now the screen is blank, then I would suggest they do it again.
I would suggest when they reconnect the battery to have all doors and trunk closed, and remove all the Smart keys away from the vehicle so the vehicle cannot detect them...then reconnect the battery.
At that point they can go get a key, enter the vehicle, and start it.
Hopefully this system will load and normal operation will be restored.
whoismiked (07-06-21)
Old 07-06-21, 07:40 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Finally got my car back today from the audio shop…

everything is working now.

Navigation started working by itself just like u said…after they restarted the car.

I mention to them about the rear passenger speaker kept cutting off and after they fixed that they said the drivers side windows master switch started working…
i don’t believe this story…

when I told them about rear passenger speaker problem, I also told them to check the fuse under the dash to fix the window problem…

i really think the fuse was loose or out of place just like u mentioned but they don’t want to admit their fault cause they installed the bass **** switch right there which most likely caused the fuse to be loose.

anyway everything is fixed now…thank you so so much for your help…I really appreciate it…you are very knowledgeable.

Just happy to get the car back, but not too happy with the speakers…

they sound like my normal stock speakers except the bass sounds much better with the alpine sub in the trunk…

after spending $2400 on all new alpine speakers, sub, and amp, i really expected more but I guess with the same stock radio probably can’t expect much.

lesson learned…next time buy a Lexus with the Mark Levinson premium sound system already factory installed.

Thanks again!
Jazzrock (07-06-21)
Old 07-06-21, 07:44 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 159 Posts

Finally got my car back today from the audio shop…

everything is working now.

Navigation started working by itself just like u said…after they restarted the car.

I mention to them about the rear passenger speaker kept cutting off and after they fixed that they said the drivers side windows master switch started working…
i don’t believe this story…

when I told them about rear passenger speaker problem, I also told them to check the fuse under the dash to fix the window problem…

i really think the fuse was loose or out of place just like u mentioned but they don’t want to admit their fault cause they installed the bass **** switch right there which most likely caused the fuse to be loose.

anyway everything is fixed now…thank you so so much for your help…I really appreciate it…you are very knowledgeable.

Just happy to get the car back, but not too happy with the speakers…

they sound like my normal stock speakers except the bass sounds much better with the alpine sub in the trunk…

after spending $2400 on all new alpine speakers, sub, and amp, i really expected more but I guess with the same stock radio probably can’t expect much.

lesson learned…next time buy a Lexus with the Mark Levinson premium sound system already factory installed.

Thanks again!
Excellent news! Sasnuke is the man!
When I picked up my car after the Lexion install, I asked about replacing the speakers and the shop said not to bother. I think the system sounds fine in any case.