IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Adding ventilation to heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-24, 07:29 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by malignancy
Correct, he contradicted himself. It may be a language, barrier, however, and was unintentional.

Can’t answer your question about the steering wheel but I’d be willing to bet $1000 that all you would need is a factory heated sterring wheel plus the heated steering wheel on/off switch (which sounds like you already have.) 🙂

In retrospect, I wish I had just gotten the heated steering wheel control switch as well. My steering wheel is kind of scuffed up, and I’ve been thinking about replacing it, anyhow. Oh well. It doesn’t get THAT cold in Texas. 😆
I did not.... Full explanation given above....

Last edited by wongnee; 01-04-24 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lex_Giorgio (01-04-24)
Old 01-04-24, 07:53 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 118 Posts

Oh wow, that's pretty cool that you got it to work like that!
Old 01-05-24, 01:54 PM
malignancy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Heated/ventilated seats and new F-Sport cluster all put back together again. 🙂

Lex_Giorgio (01-05-24)
Old 01-05-24, 03:43 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Looks amazing!
malignancy (01-05-24)
Old 01-11-24, 10:20 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

For anyone with just heated seats, I can confirm that the new switch panel (heated + vented) works with the OEM plug. It lights up and the features work.
Note: If you try using your old switch panel (heated button only), it will not work with the F Sport seats. The button will light up, but the seat will not get warm.

Thanks again malignancy

On my 2017 IS200T base model:

Old 01-11-24, 12:18 PM
malignancy
Rookie

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
For anyone with just heated seats, I can confirm that the new switch panel (heated + vented) works with the OEM plug. It lights up and the features work.
Note: If you try using your old switch panel (heated button only), it will not work with the F Sport seats. The button will light up, but the seat will not get warm.

Thanks again malignancy

On my 2017 IS200T base model:
Yea!! Looks great. I was a little disappointed with the ventilated performance. My sisters RX worked amazing in comparison. Oh well. The seat warmers work amazing.
Lex_Giorgio (01-11-24)
Old 01-11-24, 01:05 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by malignancy
Yea!! Looks great. I was a little disappointed with the ventilated performance. My sisters RX worked amazing in comparison. Oh well. The seat warmers work amazing.
It's -10C here, ain't turning the vents anytime soon haha!
Old 01-11-24, 01:14 PM
malignancy
Rookie

It's -10C here, ain't turning the vents anytime soon haha!
72 degrees Fahrenheit here. Not the 115 degrees summer that are coming and it was hardly noticeable. 😩
Old 01-11-24, 03:38 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Look at the plus side, you got nicer seats and the black interior is nice too!
Old 01-11-24, 04:04 PM
malignancy
Rookie

Look at the plus side, you got nicer seats and the black interior is nice too!
well, the “nicer seats” part is debatable. I think the person that owned the seats prior to me either put a ton of mileage on them, or was a freaking whale! The lateral foam on both seats are flattened. I’m not gonna worry about the passenger seat but it’s gonna cost over $1000 to have new OEM foam/fake leather installed. Also, the motor that raises/lowers the posterior bottom seat doesn’t work. If I can figure out which motor that is, I may cannibalize the seats I removed to replace the motor when I replace the leather and foam. I prefer to sell my seats whole as they’re in pretty much new condition. But yeah, all in all I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. it just makes my butt sore if I have to sit for too long. Not sure this is a common problem with the F sport seats. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Old 01-11-24, 08:52 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Just a tip, the OEM motors are expensive, you can get aftermarket one for cheap.
The F Sport seat uses the same motors for all 3 settings as the base seats. Unless you have memory seats, then the motor to go frontward and backward is different.

Just take that one out from your old seat and use it, very simple swap.
I'd take everything off your base driver seat and sell the seat for cheap (that's what I did).
Old 01-12-24, 05:45 AM
malignancy
Rookie

Just a tip, the OEM motors are expensive, you can get aftermarket one for cheap.
The F Sport seat uses the same motors for all 3 settings as the base seats. Unless you have memory seats, then the motor to go frontward and backward is different.

Just take that one out from your old seat and use it, very simple swap.
I'd take everything off your base driver seat and sell the seat for cheap (that's what I did).
awesome, thanks for the tip! It’s going to be effing cold this weekend but maybe next weekend I can pull the seat out and make the swap. Can you post a picture of which motor it would be? Maybe I’ll just swap out all three while I’ve got the seat out just to be safe.
Old 01-12-24, 09:34 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

In the first picture, the motor at the top controls the forward and backward mechanism (this motor is different if you have memory seats, but it's the same between F Sport (no memory seat) and Base (no memory seat)).

Bottom motor in the first picture, I did not confirm which function it controls.
And in the last photo it's the third motor, I did not confirm which function it controls.

Best way to figure it out is by unbolting the seat from the car, tilting the seat, so that you can see underneath and press the seat buttons to feel/listen which motor tries to come on when you want to raise your seat.

Old 01-12-24, 09:37 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

To remove the plastic piece around the bottom of the seat, watch this video and he's right, if you're not careful, you will end up breaking that cover...

Start it at 7:15 for the cover portion:
Old 01-12-24, 10:24 AM
malignancy
Rookie

Awesome, thanks for the info! I think I’ll just swap out all of them. Might as well, right?

Quick Reply: Adding ventilation to heated seats?