IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Adding ventilation to heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-21, 09:16 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Adding ventilation to heated seats?

My seats are heated but not ventilated/air conditioned. Is there a way to add this option?
Old 07-03-21, 09:28 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
My seats are heated but not ventilated/air conditioned. Is there a way to add this option?
I don't find the ventilation does that much. Some people have changed it to AC, which would be much better.
Old 07-03-21, 09:36 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Is there a DIY anywhere to add cooling to the seats?
Old 07-03-21, 09:41 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Is there a DIY anywhere to add cooling to the seats?
People have done it on this forum. I can't find the thread(s). Maybe you can or wait until people chime in.
Old 07-04-21, 12:30 PM
V350
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Ventilated seats don't "cool" you, but they do keep you from sticking/getting a sweaty back. There is a a way to direct the AC below the front seat up to the fan to "cool" the air using an iphone box
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (07-04-21)
Old 07-04-21, 12:42 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by V350
Ventilated seats don't "cool" you, but they do keep you from sticking/getting a sweaty back. There is a a way to direct the AC below the front seat up to the fan to "cool" the air using an iphone box
I did this mod, but with a 3d printed piece (sold by a member here) and I love it (keep in mind the seat is raised all the way up for this pic, my normal riding position (all the way down) it almost touches the fan so I am robbing all the ac from the rear but I never have rear passengers so and my seats are nice and chilly now, which is great here is Texas

But the OP doesn't have OEM ventilated seats so he doesn't have that fan under his seat. Might be pretty easy to buy and install that fan and run a switch to it, but is there any differences in the seats in the models w/o vented seats? like is there perforation holes in all IS seats and ducting inside to spread it across the seat and backpad? I haven't been inside of an IS that did not have the vented seats so far so I am unsure if the seats are different
The following 4 users liked this post by whoismiked:
AquaMayne (07-12-21), Ellingtoni (10-16-21), InveredMP (07-04-21), Jazzrock (07-04-21)
Old 07-04-21, 03:09 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whoismiked
I did this mod, but with a 3d printed piece (sold by a member here) and I love it (keep in mind the seat is raised all the way up for this pic, my normal riding position (all the way down) it almost touches the fan so I am robbing all the ac from the rear but I never have rear passengers so and my seats are nice and chilly now, which is great here is Texas

But the OP doesn't have OEM ventilated seats so he doesn't have that fan under his seat. Might be pretty easy to buy and install that fan and run a switch to it, but is there any differences in the seats in the models w/o vented seats? like is there perforation holes in all IS seats and ducting inside to spread it across the seat and backpad? I haven't been inside of an IS that did not have the vented seats so far so I am unsure if the seats are different
Thanks, truth be told I am not sure if the seats are ventilated yet as I get the delivered tomorrow night. They have the switch for heating and cooling, but the description for the car says only heated seats. Unless they got the description wrong, I probably don't have ventilated seats.

Here is a pic of the switch:

Old 07-04-21, 03:17 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Thanks, truth be told I am not sure if the seats are ventilated yet as I get the delivered tomorrow night. They have the switch for heating and cooling, but the description for the car says only heated seats. Unless they got the description wrong, I probably don't have ventilated seats.

Here is a pic of the switch:

Yup you have vented seats, the button with the seat and a fan right above your shifter is the vented seat option.
Old 07-04-21, 03:25 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Did they every sell the car with only heated seats and with the ventilated button not functional?
Old 07-04-21, 03:29 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Did they every sell the car with only heated seats and with the ventilated button not functional?
Definitely not. I wasn't sure if there were models out there with heat only and no vent button under it, but there certainly is not any with the vent button but it not function.
I'm pretty sure heat/vent seats are part of the premium package on base models or the F-Sport Package

Lexus certainly would not include the button and it not be functional. If the button is there, you have it.

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-04-21 at 04:33 PM.
Jazzrock (07-04-21)
Old 07-04-21, 03:43 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Thanks so much, I wasn’t sure if the switch was universal and the options were different.

If I have vented seats, who do I order these 3D printed things from?
Old 07-04-21, 03:47 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Thanks so much, I wasn’t sure if the switch was universal and the options were different.

If I have vented seats, who do I order these 3D printed things from?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/9011029...c-duct-convert
Old 07-04-21, 04:01 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Thanks so much!!
whoismiked (07-04-21)
Old 07-04-21, 04:07 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Got the last one in stock haha.
Old 07-04-21, 04:09 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Got the last one in stock haha.
haha, so did I when I got mine, seems he keeps 1 set in stock and when it sells he will produce another set and list it within a few days, so if anyone else is reading this and wants a set, just keep checking or message him

edit: or if you have a yourself a 3D printer he posted the 3D print file for free, so you could make one yourself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nted-duct.html

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-05-21 at 04:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Adding ventilation to heated seats?