IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Problems with Lexion

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-21 | 09:20 AM
Sakupyy
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems with Lexion

Hi everybody from Finland N. Europe

I recently bought and received Lexion A10 for my IS. Everything seemed to be fine until during the installation i noticed that the harness connector for the control jog is wrong. I have tried to contact Lexion for over a month now and they are not answering any of my messages (Whatsapp,Email,Lexion homepage). Any advice? Should i just do a Pay Pal refund? Have anybody been in contact with them recently?

thanks in advance
- Saku
Old 07-29-21 | 09:34 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

This seems to be a common thing with the Lexicon seller. Everyone is saying the same thing. The product is great but there is zero customer service

Here is a main thread about the unit, tons of people love the unit, but it's nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone if you have an issue, it's such a shame that such a good product has no support

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...models-20.html
Old 07-29-21 | 10:18 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

So sorry you've been sent the wrong harness. Communication from Lexion is very poor indeed. I had good communication when I first ordered thankfully, and
got all questions answered. Since I received and had the unit installed, I've had no response from the company. I have no issues with the unit, so it's not
a big deal. For you, it certainly is. Maybe send them a threat to put in a PayPal dispute and see if that wakes them up. Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21 | 12:06 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sakupyy
Hi everybody from Finland N. Europe

I recently bought and received Lexion A10 for my IS. Everything seemed to be fine until during the installation i noticed that the harness connector for the control jog is wrong. I have tried to contact Lexion for over a month now and they are not answering any of my messages (Whatsapp,Email,Lexion homepage). Any advice? Should i just do a Pay Pal refund? Have anybody been in contact with them recently?

thanks in advance
- Saku
If you paid with PayPal you can open a dispute it will give him some attention. Unfortunately it has come to escalation since you’re getting zero technical support for item you paid.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
Jazzrock (07-29-21), whoismiked (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21 | 12:26 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

When I first ordered, I made 100% sure he knew that I had a Joystick, so I got the correct harness. I sent a picture to show
exactly what I had in my car.
Old 07-29-21 | 12:28 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
When I first ordered, I made 100% sure he knew that I had a Joystick, so I got the correct harness. I sent a picture to show
exactly what I had in my car.
I bet you Lexion has to relay this information to manufacturer in China and for sure there's missed communication due to language barrier. Wish I had sent him picture of joystick. Fingers crossed I get correct harness, if not this would my third time dealing with this shenanigan.
Jazzrock (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21 | 04:56 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

So the harness has connections for both the jog mouse, and the wheel. My harness had the jog mouse completely taped up to the point I thought didn't think it was anything, and just stuffed it behind the dash. look for a thick bunch on the harness and remove the tape carefully, your connector is in there.

I am also having issues with my unit and I am a bit frustrated. My jog doesn't work with the Lexus OS still and I have been talking to Lexion about it but it is a very slow process. It is super annoying.
The following 2 users liked this post by InveredMP:
Jazzrock (07-29-21), whoismiked (07-30-21)
Old 07-29-21 | 05:59 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InveredMP
So the harness has connections for both the jog mouse, and the wheel. My harness had the jog mouse completely taped up to the point I thought didn't think it was anything, and just stuffed it behind the dash. look for a thick bunch on the harness and remove the tape carefully, your connector is in there.

I am also having issues with my unit and I am a bit frustrated. My jog doesn't work with the Lexus OS still and I have been talking to Lexion about it but it is a very slow process. It is super annoying.
Did you try updating the firmware of the box? Not sure there is an option in the setting it might require internet connection. I say this because joystick not working could be software related. On my unit the joystick controls both OS so sometimes when I select something in Android I can feel the joystick snapping to Lexus OS icons. Lexion designed it to prevent controlling both but when you get out of Android software it should turn back on control for Lexus but for some reason software might be bugged. Just my idea this may not be true.
Old 07-29-21 | 07:45 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by dojoman
Did you try updating the firmware of the box? Not sure there is an option in the setting it might require internet connection. I say this because joystick not working could be software related. On my unit the joystick controls both OS so sometimes when I select something in Android I can feel the joystick snapping to Lexus OS icons. Lexion designed it to prevent controlling both but when you get out of Android software it should turn back on control for Lexus but for some reason software might be bugged. Just my idea this may not be true.
Could be, but I believe I have the same iteration of Zlink and have no joystick issues in Lexus or Lexion. I don't know that you can update the firmware of the unit itself. I suppose it's worth a try, but does he want to go down this road at this point? Who knows what may result? Sheesh!
Old 07-29-21 | 10:05 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I highly doubt it is a firmware issue. I really think it’s a harness issue. I think Lexion is going to send me out a replacement harness.
Jazzrock (07-30-21)
Old 07-30-21 | 12:05 AM
Sakupyy
Driver School Candidate

Default Got a response from Lexion

So i got a response from Lexion last night. Hopefully the issue will be fixed quickly from now on. Really looking forward to get it up and running. Transfering from BMW my only issue has been with the infotainment. The OEM one without Premium Nav is simply horrid.

ps. Thanks for the messages
Old 07-30-21 | 05:25 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sakupyy
So i got a response from Lexion last night. Hopefully the issue will be fixed quickly from now on. Really looking forward to get it up and running. Transfering from BMW my only issue has been with the infotainment. The OEM one without Premium Nav is simply horrid.

ps. Thanks for the messages
Glad he finally responded ... after a month. And yes many of us agree, Lexus cars are excellent! But their infotainment system is a bit lacking behind most other luxury car companies, which is why a good android unit is one of the best upgrades

I have a sneaking suspicion that the seller has been viewing these messages on here but is doing it logged out. I've noticed that anytime a post is made in the main lexicon thread, or any post made about lexicon there is almost always a "guest" viewing the thread. We started speaking up about the horrible service, which likely would affect his sales, so now all of a sudden after we light him up on here, he replies to you. Interesting.

Edit:

Hi , step up your game please sir, or get some help if you are overwhelmed. We here at Club Lexus will promote your product very much, leading to more sales, but you need to take care of your customers questions and needs, even after the sale is made, especially those who purchased this unit and cannot get it working properly. Think about if you were in their position and you spent $900 on a product, received little to no communication while waiting a month, then got the product and it was not working and you contacted the company and they ignored you. Would you be okay with that? Now I imagine, due to where it is shipped from, and the chip shortage, ect, the long shipping time is not your fault, but I can't say the same about the lack of customer service.

I've been in the customer service and distribution industry as my career for over 20 years and I know from experience that a good reputation and customer service is how you make more sales in the long run. Happy customers = Repeat customers. Happy Customers = them spreading the word around about how happy they are with your product. Those = more sales.

Unless this seller is part of the company who actually produces these units, they need to get a new salesmen, or at least get someone to help him if he is too busy ASAP imo. I imagine they would get so much more business if they had a better reputation. To many people, customer service and peace of mind has value.

So the harness has connections for both the jog mouse, and the wheel. My harness had the jog mouse completely taped up to the point I thought didn't think it was anything, and just stuffed it behind the dash. look for a thick bunch on the harness and remove the tape carefully, your connector is in there..
Thank you for sharing this info

This makes sense and glad to hear is the case, because I noticed there is no option to select which control you have when purchasing the product. It's actually a good idea for them to just include both.

Sorry you are having other issues though

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-30-21 at 09:15 AM.
dojoman (07-30-21)
Old 07-30-21 | 07:53 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Lexion for sure needs somebody in the US handling things, that can carry inventory etc. and handle issues. I don't mind dealing with overseas companies at all, and I think the product is awesome, but 2 weeks to troubleshoot an issue is already too long, now I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks to get a new harness and hope that fixes the issue. That is way too long of a process...
Old 07-30-21 | 08:16 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Lexion for sure needs somebody in the US handling things, that can carry inventory etc. and handle issues. I don't mind dealing with overseas companies at all, and I think the product is awesome, but 2 weeks to troubleshoot an issue is already too long, now I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks to get a new harness and hope that fixes the issue. That is way too long of a process...
I had one of these on my list of mods now I'm a bit hesitant after hearing about the lack of customer service response.
Going to use paypal for sure if I do get one of these.
Old 07-30-21 | 10:50 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I was able to choose what controller I have in my car. They had Jog listed. I wanted to make sure that was the same as a joystick so said so and sent a stock picture. I was given a contact in the US at the time and got no response from that person. Thankfully I had decent communication from overseas at the time of ordering and up until the time I received it roughly. Then silence.

Last edited by Jazzrock; 07-30-21 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Problems with Lexion